collapse

hiero

• National Champion
  • Liked: 607
Re: Tom Danielson popped
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 13:44 »
The human mind is capable of amazing feats of self-deception and denial of reality. ;)

Indeed it is. Yes, indeed.

sorry - but a guy who has already shown to have lied for a very long period of his career, and only got caught / forced into admission towards the end ... and not really punished -  that person for mine doesnt get much benefit of the doubt after testing posative this time.

There is no way in the world I buy the contaminated supplement story (if that indeed is what he claims)

Yeah - I think the jury of public opinion is against TD - and I think he's worked to earn what he is reaping. Que sera . . .
  • ReplyReply
  • Ubi est ignis

pastronef

• National Champion
    • Liked: 540
    « Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 21:20 »
    I post this here, since Danielson/Cannondale are involved

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630266809351053312

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630267283168997376

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630267529458524160

I would no be pessimistic about Dombro. it´s not like everybody knows he´s doped (as peole knew when Danielson began winning)

I am very very glad he won and his Cannondale team got their breath back

Maybe I am too optimistic?

Are we fans stupid?  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 22:41 »

Are we fans stupid?  ;)

It's only the Tour of Utah. Even Frank Schleck could hold the pace there.

Call me when he wins the Giro.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:52 by L'arri »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 312
    « Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 23:22 »
    I post this here, since Danielson/Cannondale are involved

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630266809351053312

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630267283168997376

https://www.twitter.com/Thundergusset/status/630267529458524160

I would no be pessimistic about Dombro. it´s not like everybody knows he´s doped (as peole knew when Danielson began winning)

I am very very glad he won and his Cannondale team got their breath back

Are we fans stupid?  ;)

Nah. Anyone who has followed Joe's career is not surprise by his performance.

Those tweets, on the other hand, are stupid.
  • ReplyReply
  • Pro Cycling is like sausage, I love it but I don't want to know how it is made.

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3337
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #64 on: August 10, 2015, 00:30 »
    so someone we already know has a bucketload of talent wins a sh*t small race in some backwater USA .... but because he is from Garmin who desperately need a win his performance is automatically suspect?

Winning doesnt necessarily make a performance dodgy.     

This kind of attitude is where the fans get a bad reputation ...
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 00:49 »
    so someone we already know has a bucketload of talent wins a sh*t small race in some backwater USA .... but because he is from Garmin who desperately need a win his performance is automatically suspect?

Winning doesnt necessarily make a performance dodgy.     

This kind of attitude is where the fans get a bad reputation ...

Exactly.

The outrage machine knows a lot about screaming but little about bike racing

New interview with JV

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-rough-road-for-cyclings-clean-team-1439161583?tesla=y
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Liked: 739
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 08:59 »
    Everyone in cycling knows Vaughters' magical hugs can do wonders.

Think Sky overtrained the kid.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 14:40 »

Hard for Sky to overtrain him when he could not train. After issues for over a year he had surgery for iliac artery endofibrosis last August.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3220
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 14:48 »

Overtraining or not (or not even training), judging by these texts to/from JV, Slipstream seems to be a better fit for Dombrowski than the one-man, one-goal, no questions asked mentality of Sky.

https://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/630162475300720643
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

hiero

• National Champion
    « Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 19:49 »
    News on the topic of TD:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/08/news/the-test-that-caught-tom-danielson_381086

only adds the info as to what type of test it was - but this is something that I had not seen elsewhere.
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• National Champion
    « Reply #70 on: August 13, 2015, 13:51 »
    talking about Garmin-JV and co, matthew cooke has been vocal about that

here´s some view (pasted from the Other Side  ;) )

last part is theraceradio´s

Cooke is as much a hypocrite as the rest. He was on Navigators(considered the dirty team in the US) but does anybody remember him busting their balls at the time? buddies with Phil Z and all. Or team Exergy where he was team-mates with one of the few US riders from that era who escaped any punishment, Fred Rodriguez. Did he ever call him out? From what I hear, Cooke was desperate to get a European gig but only started producing results into his 30s so nobody was interested. Clearly the rejection stung so he had to find another way to become relevant. I don't ever recall him being vocal on doping before last year.

Claims he didnt know about doping on Navigators, which is crazy because it seems like EVERYONE knew about that. But as a young guy who spent 1 year on a very diverse team, I imagine if he did suspect, he never got anything concrete.
    The Zajicek friendship is pretty bad and looks way worse than Gaimon and TD's little honeymoon.
    He is basically living the anti-doping catch-22, he shut-up and took his paycheck, now he can claim he was screwed cuz he doesn't get the paycheck.
    He still won't name names or give specifics....so what is it worth?????

3. (raceradio)
    Talked to one of Cooke's old teammates last week. He was laughing at Matt's new found clean babble. Said he always thought Matt was doping. Called him Mr Omerta, said everyone thought he was a doper. He was not just Phil Z's friend, he was his roommate when Phil was buying EPO from Papp. I think he might even be working for him now. He defended Phil aggressively even though he knew Phil was lying.
    I fell for Cooke's fable for a while. Glad I found out the real story. What a weirdo
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #71 on: August 14, 2015, 19:56 »
    Testosterone is an interesting substance. Not everyone response well to it , while others respond very well to it. Maybe TD is one of those guys that saw good results with it and though it would be his best chance for getting a ride next year as he was not going to be resigned by Cannondale.

Test is not something that you use once or twice. To get a benefit from it you need to use it for a couple months. I expect USADA will go back and test any TD samples from the last couple months to see if there is a pattern.

The research I have done so far does not support supplement contamination. If it was a test precursor perhaps but I can't recall actual test being in a supplement.

• ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #72 on: August 14, 2015, 21:20 »
    Danielson has been searching the web for the last almost two weeks to search for a Chinese supplement WITH testosterone, so all will be fine.

He shouldnt have because he is done, it was his time. Maybe he can keep his prize bride but that's that.

Life sometimes sucks for born liars. It is called a reality check.

[I knew he was a doper way back because Dutch Anchorman Smeets was building him up to be the 'next Lance', that said enough, Mart had a good eye for dopers, he was just too chickensh*t to call them out]

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5722
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #73 on: August 20, 2015, 20:49 »
    I was disappointed that he stopped at number 3. I wanted to see the top 2 excuses!
    He's at it again! :cool
    https://twitter.com/TheDPate/status/634451914856525824
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10580
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #74 on: September 24, 2015, 07:40 »
    https://twitter.com/DearWiggo/status/646887855315251201

Cat meet pigeons and all that

Can not see JV taking him back, can see him wanting back via the court system as much as the original bust was a watershed moment for JV and Garmin what happens now may be more interesting 
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 292
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #75 on: September 24, 2015, 08:56 »
    Maybe Bianchi is using hiphop slang?  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• National Champion
    « Reply #76 on: September 24, 2015, 11:35 »

Can not see JV taking him back, can see him wanting back via the court system as much as the original bust was a watershed moment for JV and Garmin what happens now may be more interesting

the most he can get is getting his wages paid until the end of this year. he has no contract with Cannondale-Garmin for 2016 (or at least, we do not know about anything officially signed)

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/Thomas_Danielson
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #77 on: September 24, 2015, 18:09 »

Only thing I can imagine is he's been able to prove no-fault contamination, because a B-sample negative is too unlikely.

I agree though, can't see him coming back all is forgotten. Doesn't seem like there's an appetite for it at Garmin-Cannondale especially after how his positive didn't really seem like the end of the world after all.
  • ReplyReply

• Jamsque

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 848
    « Reply #78 on: September 24, 2015, 19:33 »
    Let's be honest, Tom D was washed up as a World Tour rider long before this positive test. If he was/is going to have any future success in his career his only hope is the US domestic circuit.
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3220
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #79 on: September 24, 2015, 21:58 »

Doesn't seem like there's an appetite for it at Garmin-Cannondale especially after how his positive didn't really seem like the end of the world after all.

Given the number - and quality - of JV's signing this year, I'm not even sure there's a role for him on the squad. Dope test or not...

• ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3337
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #80 on: September 25, 2015, 00:20 »
    Even if he got off

- his team wont takehim back;   and
    - his reputation wont recover as people still believe he doped this time as well

• ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #81 on: September 25, 2015, 01:54 »
    I would prefer that Tommy D go away forever........but if/when he beats this the conspiracy theories will be glorious.  :o

Think Micheal Rogers times Eleventy billion
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro

pastronef

• National Champion
    « Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 05:21 »
    found this in the JV clinic thread on the "other side"
    post a bout Matt Cooke (so it is related to TD and JV)

I’m the ex-Cooke-teammate who spoke to Race Radio a while back. I’m doing this anonymously because I think the main reason Matt is doing this is to keep his name in the news and inflate his career post-mortum. I don’t want to do the same, I have no need to promote myself.

I’ve gotten pretty fed up with Matt’s twitter rants over the last year and it was good to see that others felt the same. pmcg76 seems to be the most in the know about Matt of anyone on this board. Apparently Matt’s new found anti-doping status is rubbing multiple people the wrong way because of the hypocrisy behind it. Here is what I know about domestic cycling’s new anti-doping hero:

-Started as a pro on Navigators and knew full well that he had teammates doping, yet stood by and cashed his checks
    -Lived with Phil Z when Phil was buying from Papp, maybe Joe can let us know whether Phil was “eating for two"
    -Defended Phil vehemently after Phil was popped.
    -USADA contacted ex teammates of Matt's while investigating Matt around the time of the Phil bust. It was pretty clear to me that Matt himself was not cooperating.
    -Was coached by Tyler Hamilton for a brief time and defended Tyler pretty adamantly, which really doesnt line up with how he views DZ, CVV etc. I’m pretty sure they were riding together in some of the 60 minutes footage.

Personally, it is my belief that Matt liked a little hot sauce here and there, if it wasnt a regular staple of his diet. He’s a strange kid and a 180 on doping to keep his name in the spotlight doesnt surprise me in the slightest. Based on some other stories, which don't pertain to cycling, he didn't strike me as a person of such high moral standards that he wouldn't dope. Quite the opposite in fact.

His Zajicek connection is by far the most hypocritical thing about this whole rant he is on. Just compare and contrast him with Gaimon who he has been highly critical of. Both had teammates/friends who had already been popped once, and got popped again. Gaimon expressed surprise and disbelief. Matt expressed pure defensiveness and not a bit of surprise. At least Gaimon’s reaction suggests that he wasn’t in the know about TD (hard to believe as that may be.) Matt’s reaction suggests he was fully aware and condoned Zajicek’s indiscretions.

I don’t know Gaimon that well other than talking with him in the peloton over the years, but he seemed incredibly genuine and was by far one of the nicest guys out there. That being said, there was only one cyclist that I was 100% sure was clean when I was racing and it was myself. There are a lot who fall into the 99% category, but you can only be 100% sure of what you put in your own body. I think it’s pretty stupid to put faith in people you dont even know. Guys have teammates who are doping and they arent aware of it, how the hell are fans supposed to know. I just hate seeing people who want to see a clean sport put their faith in some phony trying to stay relevant.

Magic Matt

• ReplyReply

• hiero

• National Champion
    « Reply #84 on: October 21, 2015, 21:55 »
    Anybody have any reasonable guess who "anonymous" "Magic Matt" is? Meaning is this poster only "anonymous" in theory? The post reads like honesty, but that might be because it validates what I believe to be the real-life situation.

Interesting to read, tho.

Thanks for sharing. I just hate going over to CN any more. I dropped in for one mechanical post, but only because bustedknuckle and guiseppi magnetico still post over there.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5722
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #85 on: October 21, 2015, 22:03 »
    Anybody have any reasonable guess who "anonymous" "Magic Matt" is?
    No idea.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #86 on: October 21, 2015, 23:38 »
    Anybody have any reasonable guess who "anonymous" "Magic Matt" is?

Magic Matt sounds like a stripper name  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• National Champion
    « Reply #87 on: October 22, 2015, 03:09 »
    Magic Matt sounds like a stripper name  :lol

Hey! YOU're the dude he says he talked to!  But, yeah, it does sound - well - dramatic, I guess.
  • ReplyReply

• Race Radio

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #88 on: October 23, 2015, 23:17 »
    Tommy D's excuse for testing positive will be very entertaining. Only thing missing is Bigfoot.
  • ReplyReply

• Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
    • Venga! Venga! Venga!
    « Reply #89 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30 »
    Tommy D's excuse for testing positive will be very entertaining. Only thing missing is Bigfoot.
    It MUST have something to do with crazy adaptive Inuit physiology!

How long does it take to do a B - sample test anyways?

• ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.