DJW

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 891
  • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
Re: ONE Pro Cycling Team news thread
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 17:58 »
http://oneprocycling.com/2016-race-calendar/

THE START OF AN EXCITING YEAR OF RACING REVEALED
We are pleased to reveal our current race calendar between 1st January and the 24th April 2016. During the first few months of the season, the new squad will be racing in a real mixture of events, from one day classics to well known stage races across three continents.

January

20th – 24th   New Zealand Cycle Classic   UCI 2.2   New Zealand
31st   Cadel Evans Great Ocean RR   UCI 1.1   Australia
February

3rd – 6th   Tour of Dubai   UCI 2.HC   Dubai
3rd – 7th   Jayco Herald Sun Tour   UCI 2.1   Australia
27th   Omloop Het Nieuwsblad   UCI 1.HC   Belgium
28th   Kuurne – Brussels – Kuurne   UCI 1.HC   Belgium
March

4th – 6th   Driedaagse Van West – Vlaanderen   UCI 2.1   Belgium
12th   Ronde Van Drenthe   UCI 1.1   Netherlands
16th   Nokere Koerse – Danilith Classic   UCI1.HC   Belgium
18th   Handzame Classic   UCI 1.1   Belgium
29th -31st   Driedaagse De Panne – Koksijde   UCI 2.HC   Belgium
April

2nd   Gran Premio Miguel Indurain   UCI 1.1   Spain
3rd   Vuelta Ciclista a La Rioja   UCI 1.1   Spain
10th   Klasika Primavera de Amorebieta   UCI 1.1   Spain
15th – 17th   Vuelta a Castilla y Leon   UCI 2.1   Spain
19th- 24th   Tour of Croatia   UCI 2.1   Croatia
24th   CiCLE Classic – Rutland   UCI 1.2   England

Head Sports Director Matt Winston commented, “We open up our season with what I feel is a very strong calendar for a first year Pro-Continental team. To be invited into some of the classic races in Belgium, Tour of Dubai and races in the Southern Hemisphere is a real privilege for ONE Pro Cycling and shows once again how far we’ve come in our first 12 month. I would like to thank each organiser for inviting us to their races and showing belief in the team. I am most certainly looking forward to getting stuck into these events with the guys”
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 7737
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 20:53 »
    The Northern Classics could be a fiery/rainy baptism for one half of the team. The Von Hoff, Smith and Oram triumverate should pick up some results in the Southern Hemisphere (though Steele doesn't seem to be doing that well at the Bay Crits), but who's going to be the result getter up North? Mortensen? Marcin?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7398
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 21:48 »
    who's going to be the result getter up North? Mortensen? Marcin?
    Goss! :D
    Seriously, if he is back on track, he could become a good asset.
    Of course, if he's not (and I have my doubts after the last couple of seasons), he'll be of little use.

It could well be that some of the lesser-known riders step up, though: Oram, Smith or Harper might discover their classics ability, and House or Mortensen will no doubt put their attacking spirits to work.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 21:51 »
    The Northern Classics could be a fiery/rainy baptism for one half of the team. The Von Hoff, Smith and Oram triumverate should pick up some results in the Southern Hemisphere (though Steele doesn't seem to be doing that well at the Bay Crits), but who's going to be the result getter up North? Mortensen? Marcin?

You would think maybe Biabolocki for Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen, but other than that I think they'll struggle.

Unless they plan to develop Goss, somehow.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 21:52 »
    Goss! :D
    Seriously, if he is back on track, he could become a good asset.
    Of course, if he's not (and I have my doubts after the last couple of seasons), he'll be of little use.

Damn, beaten to it!
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain

DJW

• Road Captain

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 07:32 »
    Can't help feeling though that whilst they did well to get three riders in that first group, they might be disappointed with a best placing of tenth. However everyone who finished ahead was a WT rider, so maybe that's a bit harsh.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #38 on: January 31, 2016, 18:05 »
    I thought von Hoff maybe had a decent chance from the bunch but the sprint suggested that s lot of those guys were too tired to give it their all, Ligthart beating the likes of Swift and Gerrans etc.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 14:18 »

It's just as well that I've been busy as I had been planning to point out a few days back that my not so bold prediction above had come true, but yesterday did sorta save this portion of the season for them.

Up until then what had been their best performances (bearing in mind my lack of cycling viewing)?

KBK - Barker 47th after being in the break all day (the rest were DNFs though)
    Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen - Smith 18th in GC
    GP Denain - Opie 8th

Slim pickings. Mind you all the new PCT teams aren't exactly setting the world on fire.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 15:38 »
    You forgot Pete Williams' 2nd at Tro Bro Leon....

But yeah not much else, a top 20 in Volta Limburg after BMC tore apart the race. A couple of top 10s that came in the Spanish classics which they seem a little more suited to.

Apart from that, I'm sure the team would say they had a lot of bad luck at the wrong time. I read numerous posts by them to this end in early March when Biabolocki was getting punctures often and dropping out of the lead group with not far to go.

Unfortunately that is the nature of classics racing, hope they are able to strengthen their squad in that regard for next season.
  • ReplyReply

• Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 459
    « Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 12:15 »
    So it is a significant step backwards and down for OnePro.  I am not sure that there'll be any tears for the team who shouted much about their World Tour ambitions but it seems have began to unravel after one year at tier 2.  Shame for the riders of course but hubris often comes before a fall!
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6772
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 14:01 »
    Sad news but I couldn't help thinking on more than one occasion in 2016 that here was a team that looked very swish but didn't really have the quality on the roster to justify some of the excellent race invitations obtained. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on Pryor et al but his swagger always seemed rather unrealistic to me.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Recent Posts

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by LukasCPH
    [Today at 16:48]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by t-72
    [Today at 12:44]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 01:34]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Drummer Boy
    [August 17, 2019, 19:23]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by Drummer Boy