collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1848
Glossary
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:20 »
From the Who will win La Vuelta thread:
Speculate for  a minute that Aru fails to dislodge Dumoulin on Sat. Would this be the closest ever winning gap for a GT? I recall that LeMond and the Professor was the closest Tour @ 8 sec, or 2nd closest. Just looked up on google, and cycling weekly says closest. But stats for the other GTs are harder to uncover.

You know that you mean Laurent Fignon, I  know that you mean Laurent Fignon, and the average VR reader, being well informed,  knows that you mean Laurent Fignon, but anyone relying on the glossary pop-up now thinks that Nick Nuyens came 2nd in the 1989 Tour.

Is Nuyens ever known as the Professor?
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• National Champion
    • Liked: 550
    Re: Glossary
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 16:07 »
    Nick Nuyens fails to even budge my memory cells beyond a mild tickling "maybe". How did he ever get into the Glossary! :D

I'll edit the first post - if I still can add a footnote.
  • ReplyReply
  • Ubi est ignis

Armchair Cyclist

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1848
    Re: Glossary
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:12 »
    Hell  of a ride by Alaphillipe, he really emptied the tank there. Porte's climbing time was quite ominus though. that shows real climbing form

The glossary is beginning to become a bit anachronistic.  The likelihood of reference to a tank. professor or bottle being pertinent to Tankink, Nuyens or Leipheimer respectively is now minimal.
  • ReplyReply

•