collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4450
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
Re: Kits 2016 season
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22 »

thanks Oleg :D :D :D :D
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1612
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    « Reply #62 on: December 10, 2015, 10:45 »

thanks Oleg :D :D :D :D

Surely there needs to be a warning for people with epilepsy?
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1599
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #63 on: December 10, 2015, 10:49 »
    I'm crying :D :D :D :D that's legendary :D :D :D :D :D :D

Flo I love you... that is all...   :D  :Flower:

Oh and the kit is just ... well... NO!! (though i do like the socks)
    I'm pleased that I never have to see #SpecialBreschel **  in that :D

** though God alone knows what TCG have in the pipeline... and there is still the POC to make me weep
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 3257
    • Honorary President
    • Awards: Best avatar 2012
    « Reply #64 on: December 10, 2015, 10:52 »
    Why isn't Peto in rainbows? Isn't that a regulation? He always has to wear it... surely that takes precedence over being a walking advert for Oleg's new hotel?!
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #65 on: December 10, 2015, 10:58 »
    Why isn't Peto in rainbows? Isn't that a regulation? He always has to wear it... surely that takes precedence over being a walking advert for Oleg's new hotel?!

Maybe there are rainbows there, we just can't see them...

It's a good point though.. does it have to be all the time, or just when racing/representing something official
  • ReplyReply

• Jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 810
    • Original Fendrien...
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #66 on: December 10, 2015, 11:02 »
    Please
    tell
    me
    this
    is
    just
    a
    training
    kit...
  • ReplyReply
  • The fens are just West West Flanders really...

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #67 on: December 10, 2015, 11:03 »
    Please
    tell
    me
    this
    is
    just
    a
    training
    kit...
    It's just a training kit.

The normal kit will be fluo yellow and black instead of white and black
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12815
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #68 on: December 10, 2015, 11:11 »
    they must have made use of the big winter sale in the Rock Racing shop

:win :win
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #69 on: December 10, 2015, 11:13 »
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7405
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #70 on: December 10, 2015, 17:11 »
    Theoretically, it is a regulation:
    Quote from: UCI Rule 1.3.063
    The world champion jersey, or the distinctive logo for the UCI Team Time Trial World Champions, must be worn at every opportunity with public exposure, in particular during competitions, awards ceremonies, press conferences, television interviews, autograph sessions, photo sessions and other occasions.

However, only competitions and awards ceremonies are really enforced - for the rest, you could reasonably argue that the world champion has elected to wear more comfortable clothing (as in, street clothes).
    Of course, that explanation fails when he's dressed in cycling kit ... :slow

I guess Oleg would happily pay the fine if it ever comes that far.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2867
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #71 on: December 10, 2015, 22:42 »
    UCI Rule 1.3.063:
    The world champion jersey, or the distinctive logo for the UCI Team Time Trial World Champions, must be worn at every opportunity with public exposure, in particular during competitions, awards ceremonies, press conferences, television interviews, autograph sessions, photo sessions and other occasions.
    Interesting that the UCI do not consider Time Trial stages in the events they licence to be public exposure. 
    How can they have such poorly drafted rules and such patchy application of them?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #72 on: December 10, 2015, 22:45 »
    How can they have such poorly drafted rules and such patchy application of them?
    It's the UCI, and it's cycling.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that the house doesn't need repair, but demolition and a re-build.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12815
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #73 on: December 11, 2015, 08:57 »
    same as Ag2R, a touch of turquoise for #sky

• ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Honorary President
    « Reply #74 on: December 11, 2015, 09:51 »
    same as Ag2R, a touch of turquoise for #sky

He's not Estonian champion either *ee

EDIT: #sky
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:07 by cj2002 »

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 21:20 »
    #roubaix Roubaix-Lille Métropole drop the black abdomen - but get black sleeves & sides:

More orange than in the 2015 jersey, that's good. The kit will look mostly black from the side or front, that's not so good.
    It's alright, but would have been better if e.g. only the sleeves were black.
    6/10
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1606
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #76 on: December 13, 2015, 01:07 »
    Omg. Have you seen the big K yet? What is it??? What does it mean???

Is it kryptonite? No, no, no, no. That cannot be.

After all, this is reality.

Is it keflex, or kevlar?

Oh, no, no, no, this is not war.

Could it be King Kong? Or even Donkey Kong?

Oh, no, no, no. That cannot be. This is not Pong!

Koala? Kangaroo? Kameleon?

What! You think this is a zoo and they have a sea leon?

No, no. This is not a Kong, of any stripe.

And it is not kryptonite.

It is not a kritter, however bright.

This is a cycling team, in red and white.

With a giant K on their chest,

Like the superheroes, Marvell's best.

So it must be Katusha, those rocketeers!

And I think their designers had too many beers!

At least, we will know who they are,

There will be no mistakes, they have the "K" star!

• ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
    « Reply #77 on: December 13, 2015, 10:01 »
    Omg. Have you seen the big K yet? What is it??? What does it mean???

Is it kryptonite? No, no, no, no. That cannot be.

After all, this is reality.

Is it keflex, or kevlar?

Oh, no, no, no, this is not war.

Could it be King Kong? Or even Donkey Kong?

Oh, no, no, no. That cannot be. This is not Pong!

Koala? Kangaroo? Kameleon?

What! You think this is a zoo and they have a sea leon?

No, no. This is not a Kong, of any stripe.

And it is not kryptonite.

It is not a kritter, however bright.

This is a cycling team, in red and white.

With a giant K on their chest,

Like the superheroes, Marvell's best.

So it must be Katusha, those rocketeers!

And I think their designers had too many beers!

At least, we will know who they are,

There will be no mistakes, they have the "K" star!

A lovely piece of poetry, but you are aware, I hope, that Ю is not a K, it is the sound 'yu' as in cute or tulip.

It has previously been highlighted when the team name has been displayed on the shirt in Cyrillic script, but has still failed to get any English language commentator to say it with the appropriate sound, while the Dutch have taken the hint, using the name Katjoesja.

and for those who don't know what this is about:

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:11 by Armchair Cyclist »

M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #78 on: December 13, 2015, 18:11 »
    A lovely piece of poetry, but you are aware, I hope, that Ю is not a K, it is the sound 'yu' as in cute or tulip.

It has previously been highlighted when the team name has been displayed on the shirt in Cyrillic script, but has still failed to get any English language commentator to say it with the appropriate sound, while the Dutch have taken the hint, using the name Katjoesja.

and for those who don't know what this is about:

Actually, I was not aware it was the Ю character on the jersey! Looked like a K in the photos I saw. But wait a sec, it STILL looks like a K - as half the circle part is missing? Or are you referring to something else? Am I missing something here?

If you are just referring to my latinized spelling: "Katusha", then you are correct - the typical way to spell Катю́ша in the latin alphabet (for Anglophones) is "Katyusha", which is closer to Russki pronounciation, I think, then Katjoesja, as most people in the US, and quite likely Aus and GB would pronounce that with a hard j, and not a "y" sound. As cyclists, we are more exposed to international pronunciations, so we butcher the other language names somewhat less than the general population. I see that Wikipedia lists:
    "Katyusha," also transliterated "Katusha", "Katiusha" or "Katjusha"

So, yeah, I think the English speaking media does typically use Katusha.

Thanks for the compliment on the poetry, but it REALLY is quite awful. Doggerel at best, only meant for a bit of fun! Dr. Seuss I am not. No red fish, no blue fish, no green eggs and ham, Sam. Not Horton, nor Grinch. Wait, wait! I'd better give up while I'm ahead!   :lol
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #79 on: December 13, 2015, 19:21 »
    Actually, I was not aware it was the Ю character on the jersey! Looked like a K in the photos I saw. But wait a sec, it STILL looks like a K - as half the circle part is missing? Or are you referring to something else? Am I missing something here?
    It's both.
    The Ю has been 'modified' into a K by cutting half of the circle, and that K is part of the new KATUSHA 'logo'. A very nice design in my opinion - someone has thought about it in detail, and come up with a great solution.

As for the Katyusha/Katusha conundrum, there was a Continental team in 2008 (before the WT team was formed) going by the name of Katyusha (with yu instead of u).
    Katjoesja is the Dutch transliteration (see also Oekraïne) - rather ugly-looking, but producing the correct pronunciation (sort of).
    Катюша can indeed be transliterated Katusha in English ... the problem is that not everyone hardly anyone knows that the "u" represents a "yu" sound.
    Things get even more complicated when you consider that Slavic languages are fond of slipping in small soft sounds before many vowels, sometimes even when they're not indicated in writing. E.g., Denis Menchov should properly be called Denis Men'shov (the ' representing the tiniest of "i" sound you're capable of making).

I think every cycling commentator should be made to listen to this Russian song, from which both the WW2 rocket launcher and the current cycling team take their name:

Oh, those memories of a Russian restaurant where a tall, bearded emigré sits at the piano, singing wistfully ... :cool
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #80 on: December 14, 2015, 02:40 »
    It's both.
    The Ю has been 'modified' into a K by cutting half of the circle, and that K is part of the new KATUSHA 'logo'. A very nice design in my opinion - someone has thought about it in detail, and come up with a great solution.
     . . . hardly anyone knows that the "u" represents a "yu" sound.
    Things get even more complicated when you consider that Slavic . . .

Great post! My memories of singing Katyusha are of learning it from the locals while working in a little village outside of Shchyuch'e. (Щучье). Which itself is outside Chelyabinsk, where we often entertained ourselves on the weekends.

I won't say I dislike the new kit design - it is kinda nice. I do like red for a kit. But it was just SUCH an easy target to poke fun at!  :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #81 on: December 14, 2015, 18:37 »
    #kuota Team Kuota-Lotto

Black with white sleeves and yellow band across the chest. Nothing revolutionary, but it would work ... if the yellow band actually was across the chest. It's across the abdomen, and that makes for a very weird, and not at all appealing, look.
    3/10
    That was actually their 2014 jersey. For 2015 the team ditched the white sleeves:

A bit better, but the yellow band was still too wide and/or low.
    4/10

It seems that they're listening to me, though. Here's the 2016 jersey:

Narrower yellow band that's now actually across the chest. :cool
    Black background, yellow seams. :cool
    Red accents on the collar, white sponsor logos on the black ... :cool
    This passes inspection. :)
    6/10
  • ReplyReply

• Slapshot

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 305
    « Reply #82 on: December 15, 2015, 01:17 »
    Well so far the Etixxxxxx kit looks the best to me though unlike certain forum members I haven't been FOCUSSING on the Lidl logo on Marcel Kittel's BUM!!  ;) ;)

Etixxxxx 8/10
    TCS Training Kit 7.5/10 ( like Olga, loud, odd and a bit daft) but it's different, give them that!
    Sky more bland stuff 4/10
    Iam 6/10, might grow on me
    AGR.... rolling out last years 3
    Katusha 3/10, does nothing for me, looks wrong!
    Lotto Jumbo..... give it 5/10 not the worst but a bit bland!
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:07 by Slapshot »

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #83 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22 »
    Very little change for Astana

or for FdJ

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 09:11 »

LottoNL - Jumbo

Sticking with the yellow, white and black, white panel gets larger. Still the Jumbo-Bees

Front

Back
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11134
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #85 on: December 15, 2015, 11:10 »

Holowesko-Citadel aka Hinchapie racing

#holowesko
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #86 on: December 15, 2015, 11:33 »
    Subtle changes for Bora like the German colours

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50 »
    #bora BORA-Argon 18 keep the same jersey as before - with a small change:

They've added the *de colours below the main sponsors' logos, that's all.
    The 2015 jersey wasn't the most original design (yet another black jersey!), but over the season it was actually distinctive enough from the other black jerseys in my opinion.
    In 2016 there will be fewer all-black jerseys from what we can see now, and the addition of the German colours (and not on the collar or sleeve, where they'd be indicative of an ex-champion!) is a nice touch.
    6/10
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #88 on: December 15, 2015, 15:53 »
    BMC

#bmc
  • ReplyReply

• cj2002

• Classics Winner
    • Honorary President
    « Reply #89 on: December 15, 2015, 16:03 »