collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10594
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Men's Transfers 16-17
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 08:32 »
Most PCT riders have a clause if a WT wants to sign them ,then they can break the contract FWIW
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

cobblesandstones

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 0
    « Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 11:21 »
    Most PCT riders have a clause if a WT wants to sign them ,then they can break the contract FWIW

This might be true for CT riders - not for PCT however
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 827
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    « Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 17:49 »
    I wonder if #cajarural Hugh Carthy ---> #sky will be a thing for 2017, I think so.

Or an improved #onepro WT squad?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5727
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 19:24 »
    Or an improved #onepro WT squad?
    I'd like that much more. :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 09:17 »
    Saw that the Sagan to #trek rumor is heating up a little

really like the move it gives the kids some time to develop and allows for them to have their own chances

plus it replaces a Captain with a Captain
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 09:52 »
    https://twitter.com/Velorooms/status/719444491967578112

Sep leaving Jumbo

major blow to them wonder where he ends up 1st thought #orica
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1065
    « Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 11:29 »
    What's Kristoff's status? I read somewhere that his contract was up to 2016. Did he extend?
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 13:32 »
    What's Kristoff's status? I read somewhere that his contract was up to 2016. Did he extend?
    Word is that his current deal expires at the end of 2017 - which is why Hushovd can't start his team with the biggest Norwegian name as star signing (and therefore probably won't start a team for next year at all).
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8869
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 13:51 »
    Word is that his current deal expires at the end of 2017

yep, that's what Ekomov said last year at least

"We have a contract with the sponsors until the end of the 2015 season. Alexander Kristoff signed a deal until the end of 2017 but I think we’ll extend the team contract beyond 2016 by the end of this season."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ekimov-offers-rodriguez-new-contract-but-katusha-future-still-unclear/
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 17:43 »
    Lots of cobble transfer talk in the moment, so I figured I'd do a breakdown of some of the major stars and where they might go, because as you know I will never pass up the chance to do a csv table. 4 riders: Sagan, Degenkolb, Van Avermaet and Vanmarcke and what teams might be in the mix for them, I will exclude teams that are not in the mix for any of them imo.

Team/RiderPeter SaganJohn DegenkolbGreg Van AvermaetSep Vanmarcke
    BMCI don't see it happening, BMC has to be happy with Greg and what he offers and almost have to re-up on him, Sagan is probably too expensive for this to make any sense.Same as for Sagan reallyIf BMC does not go out and get GVA back I would be shocked, with Phil maybe leaving there is money opening up though, but with GVA I am not sure anyone is able to be more than a marginal upgrade anyways.I kind of like this idea, clearly the cheaper of the four, however will he get paid like he is the rider most fans think he is or by his results and lack of wins? In my opinion though with money opening up from GVA and others Sep seems a natural target, also signing him would allow the team to let Taylor Phinney walk opening up money as well. I don't think this one will happen though.
    OricaNononoand No, I don't believe that they will try to make a move especially because they have to try and re-up Matthews and the Yates' I really can't see them having the money.
    SkyIf they sign any it will be Sagan, because well unlimited money sort of helps, if they decide guess what we want Sagan, Sagan is well liked and we want to make him our leader for the classics. Also Sagan is a perfect fit as his great bike handling makes him a perfect fit for Sky, at least Sagan may avoid some of the crashes the Sky classic team causes in the rain constantly.Probably little interestSky would probably rather ride for a slightly worse Brit thenditto
    IAMIf they decide to splash it could happen, so far they have low balled, if they change that policy they have the money to be really good, please make it happenSame as SaganEither money infusion and stars else GVA is out of their leagueProbably out of reach also without a budget spike.
    EtixxYup, this makes all the sense, if this doesn't happen I'd be shocked, perfect set up for the rider, has the money and will be looking for someone to take over after BoonenSame as Sagan however this seems less likely, there is no chance of both going I believe.I see GVA staying as very likely and Etixx would probably take John and Peter before Greg and either of that is happening.Taking in Sep as a second option to one of the first two is a very sexy option, I don't see it but they should be in the bidding.
    Lotto SoudalMoney says no same as SaganDo they have money? They could be in there but I don't feel it tbh Maybe but might not be a strong enough upgrade to give up that money.
    TrekThey have money, but probably not Sagan money Degenkolb a replacement for Cance? it makes sense, also if not spending on Cavendish will open up this opportunity, they might end up being very happy that Dimension Data outbid them on him.If they fail at Degenkolb GVA could be a target, I wonder if anyone of these four guys will let anyone hold them out like that though and not sign elsewhere before. Not counting on it.
    GiantNoThey will try and retain him, but I fear they will get outbid in the processNoThey will need to replace Degenkolb if he leaves, and they have a limited budget SVM might make sense, it however leaves them a bit short for the sprints, maybe that can be addressed in some way though. Also have a history of stealing talent from Lotto NL.
    Lotto NLNO!NO!!NO!!!The team budget seems a mess, they can afford a few guys that cannot win it seems, probably the least deep WT team around.

My pics:

Sagan ---> Etixx
    Degenkolb ---> Trek
    GVA ---> BMC
    Sep ---> Giant
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 18:15 »
    Personally, I can't see Degenkolb moving ships from #giant. And if he did, I see him going to #etixx and reuniting with Kittel and Tony Martin.

#bmc would be beyond stupid if they didn't throw everything they have at van Avermaet ... but hey, they're BMC. :P

The Vanmarcke rumours have been denied by #jumbo - question is whether that makes them any less believable. Staying on is a possibility, but far from secure. I've mentioned #lotto before, but DB-Coop's inclusion of #iam sort of makes sense. They're not Belgian, and they do have a team that's not completely hopeless - Haussler and Saramotins were both in the favourites' group for a long time on Sunday.

Sagan is the hot name on the market. If Feltrin finds the money, he will stay there (not least because he can keep his *sk musketeers), but it's getting awfully close to crunch time for Feltrin regarding sponsorship. If #tinkoff does fold, there are several suitors for the rider who's probably cycling's biggest star. Of those #trek and #etixx are most likely to me.

Degenkolb
    #giant 90%
    #etixx 10%

van Avermaet
    #bmc 80%
    #unknown 20%

Vanmarcke
    #jumbo 50%
    #lotto 25%
    #iam 20%
    #unknown 5%

Sagan
    #tinkoff 40%
    #trek 40%
    #etixx 15%
    #unknown 5%
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 18:26 by LukasCPH »

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 20:24 »
    One option no one mentioned: Bahrein. Could they be interested in creating a cobbles team? Might make sense for Sagan: Amadio managed him before, and he seems to be on good terms with Nibali. Not sure if the team will have the money for two huge stars in Nibali and Sagan, and how to divide roles for the GTs might be a problem, but it could be an option - especially if Nibali signs for Lampre instead.

Sagan: Bahrein makes sense, Trek could also work well as a replacement for Cancellara. Sagan can't be earning much more than Cancellara did, and their offer for Nibali shows they're willing to spend on a big name. Plus here Sagan would be the undisputed number one of the team on whatever race he favours. Staying at Tinkoff even if they do find a replacement sponsor makes no sense unless they invest heavily, because his team this spring was hopelessly inept. Etixx would be scary in terms of cobbles, but I think Lefevre wants to support Boonen fully next year for his last classics campaign. Also, it would be a conflict with Kittel for support in the GTs. But maybe Astana as Nibali leaving frees up a lot of money? Aru is promising, but for a team as rich as Astana do they really want a promising youngster as their only big name?

Degenkolb: Giant will do everything to keep him - he is their biggest name after all. If they don't manage it, Trek would be a logical option if they can't sign Sagan. Etixx wouldn't make sense to me, same issues with Kittel in the GTs and Boonen on the cobbles. BMC only if Van Avermaet leaves.

Van Avermaet: Who wouldn't want him? Not as expensive as Sagan yet visible in every race throughout the year. Staying at BMC is the most logical option. Trek would also work for him I guess. Lotto Soudal would love him, but wouldn't be able to afford it. Teams like Katusha and Astana could also put in a bid, or even Bahrein.

Vanmarcke: Probably a team with a Belgian background, because outside of the spring classics he's not worth much honestly - unlike the three others. Therefore I don't think he's the best option for Trek unless they sign another star name in addition to Vanmarcke. Lotto Soudal makes perfect sense. Etixx could work as a long-term (Belgian) replacement for Boonen. Jumbo would love to keep him and in terms of support that would be the most logical option I suppose. Outsiders include IAM, Orica and Cannondale - the latter do have a history with cobbles riders and Langeveld and Van Baarle would form a decent support team.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 22:28 »
    One option no one mentioned: Bahrein. Could they be interested in creating a cobbles team? Might make sense for Sagan: Amadio managed him before, and he seems to be on good terms with Nibali. Not sure if the team will have the money for two huge stars in Nibali and Sagan, and how to divide roles for the GTs might be a problem, but it could be an option - especially if Nibali signs for Lampre instead.
    Bahrain is the dark horse, yes.
    They start with a clean slate and could offer Sagan to take on his whole posse (Slovakians, Bodnar, favourite DS & staff).
    They could arguably do the same with Nibali - I don't think there'll be that many problems in the GTs if the two are on the same team.
    And I believe money is not a concern. :betting

By now, I believe Feltrin's best bet is to call Amadio and say "I have Sagan, Majka[1] and a couple of others, let's team up". I don't think the Italian (or any) sponsorship market is bursting with prospective backers.

On the other hand, I also have an inkling Bahrain might not be happening for 2017 after all. There's been an announcement (back in February), and nothing at all since then.
    They could simply be very good at not letting things get out ... but that would be a first in this business. :shh
     1. who's ridden in Italy as an amateur
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    « Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 09:41 »
    I don't think the Italian (or any) sponsorship market is bursting with prospective backers.

Lets face it what we all want to see is Mapai coming back in the game with Nibali and Sagan, but it isn't happening.

I think Slow brought up a good point in Astana as well who I had left out, Nibali and Sagan's deal are the same size as of now, and prehaps Astana allow Nibali to leave and build around Sagan and Aru. If you had to pick a rider outside of the big 4 for GT's I think Aru makes a lot of sense as the go to pick. And if Nibali leaves Astana and Contador retires, then that leaves just Quintana and Froome who are probably not available for a long time. In that regard I would say maybe they just settle with what they have for the GT's. Then the budget could go into Sagan. If they then can convince Boom to stay and sign maybe Gatto then they are good. Also Nibali leaving would allow Astana to open up roster spots today used to accommodate friends of Nibali to accommodate friends of Sagan. It makes sense in my opinion at least.

#bmc would be beyond stupid if they didn't throw everything they have at van Avermaet ... but hey, they're BMC. :P

It depends they could if GVA really wants to stay tell him go get an offer, then we'll match and add in a little extra, that would allow them a window to try and sign Sagan or Degenkolb and then not picking up GVA on the contract, but I would probably agree, just bring GVA back to avoid failing to land any of the three. If they know they can get Degenkolb or Sagan then I am all for upgrading.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 10:01 »
    You guys are funny when discussing BMC you need to talk about which version Peiper version is very stable 99.9% GVA stays and I assume Gilbert goes or takes a massive pay cut.  Vanmarke at BMC not sure I can see it tbh if you look at all the kids coming up from BMC Devo all strong all classic riders

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 06:34 »
    Stuyven reups with #trek 2 year deal
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12 »
    Stuyven reups with #trek 2 year deal

Makes sense for #trek since Cancellara will leave a big gap in the roster for next season. Stuyven still has some way to go but he looks like a future strongman.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

pastronef

• National Champion
    • Liked: 540
    « Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 09:46 »
    If Degenkolb leaves Giant the German main sponsor Alpecin might pull the plug. They have two more years left in their sponsorship agreement but the loss of both German stars Kittel and Degenkolb triggers an exit clause.

http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_98361.htm
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 10:12 »
    The idea of Boonen at #lotto for 2017 is slightly sacrilegious but if there's any substance to the rumour, it would also suggest that Sergeant probably won't approach Gilbert.

Ochowicz claimed recently not to have spoken with Gilbert so perhaps he intends for him to stew a bit. Missing the Ardennes Classics and now the Giro because of an avoidable incident undoubtedly weakened #bmc 's Spring campaign and it may prove costly to Gilbert's career.

Things have changed significantly since 2011. #lotto navigated some difficult seas after Gilbert left but since then, Greipel and the youngsters have steered the ship to safer waters. I would argue that the Belgian is no longer needed to fly the flag.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27 »
    If Degenkolb leaves Giant the German main sponsor Alpecin might pull the plug. They have two more years left in their sponsorship agreement but the loss of both German stars Kittel and Degenkolb triggers an exit clause.

http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_98361.htm
    Oh shoot.

On the other side, they could switch their money to #stolting ... :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #52 on: May 05, 2016, 16:30 »
    http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_98396.htm (in German)

#giant manager Spekenbrink says it's too early to speculate about Degenkolb.
    But his statements aren't entirely convincing to me; JD may well leave if he's offered more (money/support) elsewhere.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #53 on: May 08, 2016, 09:46 »
    EBH re-ups with #dimension 2 year extension
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #54 on: May 08, 2016, 10:44 »
    EBH re-ups with #dimension 2 year extension
    In other words, Team Hushovd is a stillborn. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #58 on: May 15, 2016, 20:28 »
    wow
    So if that's true, Nibali stays.
    Or if he doesn't, #astana are in deep, deep trouble.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8869
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #59 on: May 15, 2016, 20:43 »
    and Bertie to Lampre for two years

https://twitter.com/Tomek_Bojan/status/731887075063148544

via Beppe Conti though, so it's likely to be bullsh*t :D
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: [1.1] Winston Salem Cycling Classic by Leadbelly
    [Today at 05:21]

Re: Hammer Sportzone Limburg by t-72
    [May 29, 2017, 21:02]