Kind of awesome
Not so awesome
Not awesome at all
Hate him

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10823
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
For news and views of Contador

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    Contador, creator of the "look like you're holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa" photo:

• ReplyReply
  • Cycman: Sagan Greipel Brajkovic Breschel CA.Sorensen Porte Wegmann Sutton Zubeldia Fedrigo Lastras Roux Selig Morabito Dumoulin T.Meyer
    CQ game-breakers: Boom Ciolek DeGendt Steegmans Bertagnolli Blythe Masciarelli Stetina Boeckmans Vaugrenard

bicing

• I'm a bot.
    • Domestique
    • Liked: 148
    • Radioshack Nissan Trek owner
    • Awards: Funniest member 2012Best post 2012Best thread 2012
    LaFlorecita, is this your dream come true?

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    99.9% sure he will go back to Saxo, with the public support he got.

He also knows that he is the team so while his points may not count the teams needs him for sponsors and the keep the team going - so no loss in pay.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3500
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    I do hope he goes back to Saxo, and I think he will.   Its the right thing to do, and he is a classy guy.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3874
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
     :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I really, completely love you JSG.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Awesome!!!
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    I LOVE ALBERTO!!!!
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Did you know that Alberto is the youngest Spaniard ever to win the Tour?
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2464
    No matter how hard I'd have tried Purito-fanboy mode, I wouldn't have beaten this. Will have to step it up as Nibali fanboy this Tour if I am to be competitive in the fanboy/girl scene.

Respect LaFlo, all of us wannabe fanboys (and that includes ram and his Sex Shep ;) ) have a lot to learn from you!
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 370
    I myself would like to see him back at Saxo, but there is the issue concerning World Tour points, if he is not able to claim such points for the first two years after his return, I doubt Saxo would be able to retain a World Tour license. And although I am certain that any race where Alberto would start would give Saxe a wildcard just for that fact, it does not necessarily make sense for the sponsor to remain such a large sponsor if there is no absolute guarantee of being able to ride in the biggest races and with perhaps a smaller budget it might be hard to be able to afford Contador and his domestiques
  • ReplyReply

• ram

No matter how hard I'd have tried Purito-fanboy mode, I wouldn't have beaten this. Will have to step it up as Nibali fanboy this Tour if I am to be competitive in the fanboy/girl scene.

Respect LaFlo, all of us wannabe fanboys (and that includes ram and his Sex Shep ;) ) have a lot to learn from you!
    Hey, I'm only a Shep supporter, and Shep's more than a bit of a genius.
  • ReplyReply

• pedaling squares

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 107
    Great video JSG. Nothing like watching that man attack... again, and again, and again. What he and Rasmussen did to each other that day was abusive.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Well don't run with the riders, you twit."

Ghost of Dr. Horrible

I think Contador will end up back at Saxo Bank and with his Navarro etc. there it makes sense.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Potential Leaky-Saxo merger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://twitpic.com/9rvnae
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    cant see it to be honest.

Leaky are so defined by their italian-ism (if that makes sense  ::))
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    I do hope he goes back to Saxo, and I think he will.   Its the right thing to do, and he is a classy guy.

They definatley need a decent rider to go with their current bunch, they seem to have no direction and just look completely lost without him.

• ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    They definatley need a decent rider to go with their current bunch, they seem to have no direction and just look completely lost without him.

Jesus said that he keeps looking around for Alberto during races.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    I hope it happens. even.if only for.the excitement of it happening.

And with liquis decent.ttt skills, maybe others won't have too big a head start over The Great One in the tour.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2464
    I really, really hope it won't happen. I would hate to see Liquigas losing its Italian-ism (as AG called it). Plus, I think Liquigas would be quite an awesome team even if Nibali leaves. Basso for a good Giro finish. Capecchi and Caruso to ride for themselves rather than for other contenders, Sagan doing his usual winning and Moser continuing to develop. And if they get one more GC rider (Kreuziger implied in the article) they'd be almost as awesome as they are with Nibali.

I wonder how realistic this is though. Would Saxo honestly be willing to provide the team with the budget required? Because that required budget would be huge... Think of the wages Contador and his domestique require, plus Basso, Sagan, etc... And all the technical and support guys, a lot of them would lose jobs. The DS's would have to fight it out between themselves for the good positions. The more I think about it, the less realistic it seems. Or perhaps that's just my own hope.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    updating from Liquigas thread

http://road.cc/content/news/59516-liquigas-cannondale-and-saxo-bank-considering-merger-says-gazzetta-dello-sport
    Liquigas-Cannondale and Saxo Bank are reportedly considering merging to merge for the 2013 season, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, with the aim of creating a super team led by former Discovery Channel team mates Alberto Contador and Ivan Basso that will aim to become the world’s number one team.

The Italian sports daily says that nothing had been set in stone yet, but if Liquigas’s management team have not been able to find a replacement sponsor by August for the Italian gas company, which is not renewing its backing beyond the end of the season, then a merger similar to that of RadioShack and Leopard Trek, or Garmin and Cervelo TestTeam, is on the cards.

The news comes as the Liquigas-Cannondale management team of Roberto Amadio and Paolo Zani prepare to wave goodbye not only to their headline sponsor but also a number of the outfit’s leading riders.

Vincenzo Nibali, winner of Tirreno Adriatico in March and second in Liège–Bastogne–Liège and third in Milan-San Remo, is reportedly set to join Astana on a contract worth €2.8 million a year. Alessandro Vanotti and Valerio Agnoli are likely to go with him.

Sylwester Szmyd and Daniel Oss, meanwhile, are said to be heading to BMC Racing. Eros Capecchi is apparently keen to stay, although there is  question mark over whether the team can match his contractual demands.

Definitely staying, however, accordig to the newspapr are Basso, Peter Sagan - although he has been the target of interest from other teams - Elia Viviani and Damiano Caruso, among others, and there are also hopes that Roman Kreuziger, who left at the end of the 2010 season for Astana, may make the return journey.

As for Saxo Bank, the Gazzetta reports that Contador is likely to rejoin Bjarne Riis’s outfit when his ban ends on 6 August.

The Spaniard is said to feel a moral obligation towards the Dane, who stood by him throughout the year and a half between his positive test for clenbuterol on the 2010 Tour de France being disclosed, and the Court of Arbitration for Sport banning him for two years, most of that applied retroactively, earlier this year.

Contador is also reported to admire Riis’s qualities as a team manager, and has is even said to be moving to Lugano in Switzerland, where Riis has lived for a number of years.

While the newspaper points out that there would need to be some compromise between the two teams’ styles to achieve a successful merger, it adds that Basso and Contador have a strong mutual respect that took root when they rode together at Discovery prior to Basso being banned as a result of links to Operacion Puerto, and that they have on occasion informally discussed the opportunity of riding together since then.
    Liquigas-Cannondale and Saxo Bank considering merger, says Gazzetta dello Sport
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    :):):):):):):):):):):)

This is weird though:
    and has is even said to be moving to Lugano in Switzerland, where Riis has lived for a number of years.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Liquigas need a sponsor, Saxo have a sponsor. Saxo need WT points, Liquigas have WT points.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    maybe.  it just seems so very odd.

At least they are (hopefully) not announcing it after all the major transfers have been done.  Gives everyone time to find a new team ....
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 674
    • craig walsh always with us
    maybe.  it just seems so very odd.

At least they are (hopefully) not announcing it after all the major transfers have been done.  Gives everyone time to find a new team ....

It does seem odd to me too AG.  It makes sense on paper but the personalities of the teams are a bit different.  Well, sounds as if Ivan and Alberto get along fine.... :D ;)
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 370
    The Spaniard is said to feel a moral obligation towards the Dane, who stood by him throughout the year and a half between his positive test for clenbuterol on the 2010 Tour de France being disclosed, and the Court of Arbitration for Sport banning him for two years, most of that applied retroactively, earlier this year.

If this is the case and he will rejoin Saxo, it is a good thing and actually the only morally right thing he could do
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    And with liquis decent.ttt skills, maybe others won't have too big a head start over The Great One in the tour.

But that is no fun! Or is it...
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am happy because Alberto will have a decent team and I like both Liquigas and Saxobank. On the other hand, lots of guys will have to find a new team. Liquigas has 29 riders, Saxobank also 29 including Alberto. Nibali+Agnoli and Vanotti to Astana, Oss and Szmyd to BMC makes 24 for Liquigas but then again Brambilla and De Marchi might join.
    Saxobank have lots of riders that are not worth a spot in a top team imo.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts