Kind of awesome
Not so awesome
Not awesome at all
Hate him

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 3925
  • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012

Yaaaaaaay!! Pic resizing works!!
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    Voted, the poll can now be closed!
    You have even more guts than me, i dont think you know who are messing with though... :P
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    I voted for the top option- very awesome. someone else seems to have voted for that too but i'm not quite sure who.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    I declare war to everyone that hasn't voted for the top option.  >:(
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Why can't I see who voted for what option?
  • ReplyReply

• ram

Should be a multi choice, I hate him and he's not awesome ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I look forward to it!

What did you vote?
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Should be a multi choice, I hate him and he's not awesome ;D

>:( >:( >:(
  • ReplyReply

• pedaling squares

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 107
    'Kind of Awesome'
    (If LaF was a mod she would change the d to a g)

Top marks for the number of races he enters and the way he competes in all of them.
    Bonus points for sheer talent and willingness to attack.
    Bonus points for sticking it to Johan and Lance in 2009.
    Bonus points for generally seeming like a decent person.
    Minus points for the clen bust and for sticking it to his domestic beef industry.
    Minus points for the connection to OP.
    Minus points for the pistol bang-bangs.
    Minus lotsa points for the 'holding up the leaning tower of Pisa' photo.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Well don't run with the riders, you twit."

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    'Kind of Awesome'

Top marks for the number of races he enters and the way he competes in all of them.
    Minus points for the clen bust and for sticking it to his domestic beef industry.

Basically how I feel about Alberto too, couldnt have said it better than you did though :).
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2468
    He's pretty dope.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    'King of Awesome'

I would say that his connections to OP aren't his fault. Also doping only makes him more awesome I would think.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    He's pretty dope.

I see what you did there.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    I would say that his connections to OP aren't his fault. Also doping only makes him more awesome I would think.

Really, Fleur.. Really?? ???
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Really, Fleur.. Really?? ???

Yes.  :P If he dopes then that makes him this exciting to watch. Without the dope he would be less exciting and thus less awesome. If he dopes, that is.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    BTW Fleur is the LA part of your forum username, a nod to your love of LA, the man not the city?

No, more to my love of the city, not the man.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner

froome19

• Classics Winner
     :(
    What did you vote?
    He voted for not so awesome at all
     :P
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    Yes.  :P If he dopes then that makes him this exciting to watch. Without the dope he would be less exciting and thus less awesome. If he dopes, that is.

And it is this reasoning that makes me think you are not really a cycling fan. Maybe you would be better off watching american pro wrestling or better Ironman triathlons.

If Contador can perform in the same manner without doping as he has been in his career with doping but to about 15% less yes he would be exciting to watch, but how will we ever know?
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    And it is this reasoning that makes me think you are not really a cycling fan. Maybe you would be better off watching american pro wrestling or better Ironman triathlons.

Ok.

If Contador can perform in the same manner without doping as he has been in his career with doping but to about 15% less yes he would be exciting to watch, but how will we ever know?

??
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3512
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013

Beno -   La Flo definitely believes that Alberto doesnt dope ... so I am pretty sure her comments were tongue in cheek

'Kind of Awesome'

Great work PS.   :)   :)    :)
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    Beno -   La Flo definitely believes that Alberto doesnt dope ... so I am pretty sure her comments were tongue in cheek

OK AG, maybe i should avoid this thread. To unreal for me.  :tu
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    Stays at Saxo for two more years
    http://t.co/VVbRCi3o

© Riis Cycling

Contador returns to Team Saxo Bank

[08.06 13:15] Alberto Contador returns to Team Saxo Bank.
    The 29 year old Spaniard will rejoin the Danish based World Tour team on August 5th, when his suspension has been served. Alberto Contador and the team have agreed on a deal that will tie him to the team for the remainder of the 2012 season and the coming three years.

"A lot of speculations and rumors have surrounded Alberto Contador and his future in the past months, but both our sponsors, the team and Alberto have shared the same wish to continue and built on our relationship. All along throughout these last two tough years we have stood by Alberto, so to be able to announce his return to the team is something I have been really looking forward to. Now we can put an end to these speculations and start focusing on building the team for the coming years," team owner Bjarne Riis says.

Alberto Contador is equally happy that his future lies within the setup of Team Saxo Bank.

"The decision to return to Team Saxo Bank has actually been pretty easy, and my first priority was always to rejoin the team and to continue working with Bjarne Riis, and the rest of the team. The support I have experienced from them in a very difficult situation is extraordinaire. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike, and my aim is to repay that support, hopefully with some great results," Alberto Contador adds.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Stays at Saxo for two more years
    http://t.co/VVbRCi3o

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    What a class act Alberto is.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    What a class act Alberto is.
    He signed for the team he was expected to sign for and probably the one who gave him the best offer (fits in, domestiques all behind him, works well with Riise etc)
    So how does that make him a class act...? :-\
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    Was a great act making everyone believe he would leave Riis? :P
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    He signed for the team he was expected to sign for and probably the one who gave him the best offer (fits in, domestiques all behind him, works well with Riise etc)
    So how does that make him a class act...? :-\

Alberto could've chosen the team that offered most money (Astana) or a team that could support him much better in the GTs (Movistar, OPQS) but he didn't.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    CAS (the rider):

I have great respect for Alberto. He is a great rider and probably one of the favourites to win the Tour for the next 10 years.

Yesssss please!!!!
  • ReplyReply

• Francois the Postman

• National Champion
    • Liked: 824
    If I was a betting man I would have put good money on a move away from Saxobank. Although I can see the attraction to both players, having a 'latin' head of state in the Scandic territories never felt like a natural fit to me, I guess. For no other reason that I like to see teams with something that resembles strong local roots.

At least, this time, Riis has the public clarity in June already, so he doesn't need to scramble together a team build around Contador from the August leftovers.

I can't wait until the Vuelta, to be honest. At the moment, for all races where you'd normally expect Alberto, it feels like watching a what-if Premier League, the one where Manchester United is not taking part in. For me, the TdF result this year doesn't really count, if that makes sense. Nor did last year's, to be totally honest.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10833
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    If I was a betting man I would have put good money on a move away from Saxobank. Although I can see the attraction to both players, having a 'latin' head of state in the Scandic territories never felt like a natural fit to me, I guess. For no other reason that I like to see teams with something that resembles strong local roots.

At least, this time, Riis has the public clarity in June already, so he doesn't need to scramble together a team build around Contador from the August leftovers.

I can't wait until the Vuelta, to be honest. At the moment, for all races where you'd normally expect Alberto, it feels like watching a what-if Premier League, the one where Manchester United is not taking part in. For me, the TdF result this year doesn't really count, if that makes sense. Nor did last year's, to be totally honest.

FtP

I expected more from you.

The winner wins a race due to many reasons some are due to the rider others due to things outside the riders control.

If we use the above idea even a small amount then no winner ever really deserved a win, there are always a what if ......

The winner always deserved the win, it is not their fault x,y and z happened. So it must count

I know you said it was your feelings etc which you are ofc entitled to, but I really do not like those types of ideas.

and needed to say so.

did Contador deserve to win the 2007 tour ?

In my book he won ofc he did - would he have won who knows maybe not but he did so, so it counts

from an augmentative Guy  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014