collapse

DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 1784
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
Transfers: Good Fit/Bad fit?
« on: November 05, 2015, 18:05 »
With the transfer season wrapping up I figured we should take some time to discuss the transfers and how riders will fit on their new teams, and try to predict the future:

I'll start with this one:

Good fit: Asbjørn Kragh Andersen #ttbw -> #marseille

I absolutely love this transfer, AKA is pretty much the prototype danish talent in what he can and cannot do. The French conti scene should serve him well, with many gritty races like the ones he has been tearing up in Denmark, and limited races decided on bunch sprints or longish climbs, I think it is a great fit as far as scheduling goes. Also he comes into a team where foreigners have received support before, so he will be given chances if he is strong enough, a great move by both the rider and the team imo.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 4020
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    Re: Transfers: Good Fit/Bad fit?
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 10:52 »
    havent got time to do this right now ... but great idea for a thread.

will write some over hte weekend (I hope)
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8132
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Re: Transfers: Good Fit/Bad fit?
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 20:20 »
    I'll try a few, though I'm taking it as whether it's a good transfer or not, not necessarily about fitting in.

Daniel Jaramillo -----------> #uhc

Bad transfer for him. Yes, he'll be getting more money you'd think and better support as UHC are a bigger team than Jamis, but it still feels like a sideways move. UHC have said they're scaling back their overseas racing (lost sponsors I think) and although they'll probably still have some races abroad, his calendar might not be that different from this year's.

Victor de la Parte -----------> #ccc

Good transfer for him (but could be bad (darkside) for team?). I've been reading a heated debate on rowery about CCC's transfer recruitment and the composition of their team. I guess you could say some if it's negative ie. this year's team was basically Bole, Paterski, Rebellin and 23 helpers. You can sorta see where they're coming from, so Victor should have plenty of chances along with Hirt.

Barry Markus -----------> #roompot

Bad transfer for the team. He's shown flashes this year, but this still feels like the sort of signing a Dutch Wanty team would make. Imo Roompot should be aiming to be more like the Dutch Topsport (easier said than done though, especially with Rabobank essentially filling that role already). Van der Lijke (same age and making the same move) on the other hand feels like a good signing - he still is on an upwards trajectory.

• ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by mudplugger
    [December 07, 2019, 21:10]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Leadbelly
    [December 07, 2019, 18:17]

Re: Men's Kits 2020 by Leadbelly
    [December 07, 2019, 18:08]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by Joelsim
    [December 07, 2019, 13:53]

Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2019-20 by search