collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1320
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
French Cyclists in Harness
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:42 »
Friday 6th November saw the annual awards ceremony for the Coupe de France PMU and the Velowire site was there to document proceedings.

For the record the winners were:

Team:
#bretagne Bretagne-Séché Environnement

Young Rider:
#cofidis Nacer Bouhanni

Individual:
#cofidis Nacer Bouhanni, who was congratulated by the President of the  Ligue Nationale de Cyclisme Marc Madiot

However, all this was but a side event to the real reason for this posting in 'Other Sports' - many of the stars present were invited to take part in a harness race. It's not a mainstream event here in the UK, but hugely popular in many other countries including France. If like me you don't the difference bewteen your trotters and your pacers; then read on here

So without any further ado off to the  l'hippodrome de Vincennes they went to be kitted up...

Here's U23  #rainbow and  #bretagne rider Kevin Ledanois looking focused at the start

and  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin looking a bit 'what on earth?'

I did try really hard to resist the urge to mention hat is possibly larger than he is .. but failed  ;)

RACING .... and it's a tight finish with madiot and Bouhanni right in the mix

et le Vanquier????
Spoiler (hover to show)

Ahhh, I DO LOVE the off season for all the fun frolics.... it's still not Curacao though  :lol

THANKS TO VELOWIRE for all the pics...
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• Domestique
    • Liked: 674
    Re: French Cyclists in Harness
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 13:08 »
    Given his size I reckon when he retires from cycling Dumoulin would probably be able to make a second career as a jockey in flat racing.
  • ReplyReply

•