collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1293
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
OMG it's the Danish Bike Awards (Fan girl version)
« on: November 09, 2015, 17:37 »
The nights are drawing in, there's that sense of anticipation and barely contained excitement in the air, the way the streets sparkle with too early Christmas lights reflected in rain puddles

OK, this isn't quite the vibe I was going for, hang on....

... ah this is better

ANYWAY
It all points to one thing, it's time to dust off your glad rags, polish your sparkles and embrace the coming sporting award season with gusto.

I said GUSTO!!

MUCH better  :cool

Of course for me there is no date or location underlined in my diary more than Monday 23rd November at the Cirkusbygningen in Copenhagen, for lo it is the

DANISH BIKE AWARDS 2015
[1]

Actually there are two award events for Danish Cycling. Why? because they are utterly brilliant and deserve it obviously! [2]. One set arranged by the Danmark Cykle Union and the one I have posted here from the cycling website feltet.dk. If you so wish, live in Denmark and want to You can buy tickets for the whole shebang - with or without dinner (there's fancy) [3]. For the rest of us  there will probably be some sort of coverage; rumours abound of TV2 plus backstage joviality in the form of a livestream from Feltet (oh dear Lord the memories of last year  :-x)

All the details you need are HERE complete with little paragraphs on all the nominees. Google Translate will be your trusty friend, but I've put together a little summary

And the Nominees are

ÅRETS LANDEVEJSRYTTER - Road
#boels Amelie Dideriksen, 
#tinkoff Matti Breschel,
#cult Rasmus Guldhammer,
#trefor Soren Kragh Andersen

ÅRETS ENKELTSTARTSRYTTER - Time Triallist (or as Google Translate gives 'Easy Rider' :lol)
#tinkoff Chris Juul-Jensen, 
#coloquick Mads Wurtz Schmidt
Niklas Larsen ( hangs head, can't remember which team he rides for now, is it still Python??)

ÅRETS MOUNTAINBIKERYTTER - come on we an ALL translate this one
Annika Langvad
Sebastian Fini
Simon Andreassen
The entire World cup relay team for  (Simon Andreassen, Niels Rasmussen, Annika Langvad and Sebastian Fini)

ÅRETS HJÆLPERYTTER - Domestique
#tinkoff Chris Juul Jensen, 
#coloquick Christian Moberg, 
#tinkoff Jesper Hansen, 
#lotto Lars Bak

ÅRETS KONTINENTALHOLD - Danish Conti team of the year
#riwal Riwal, 
#bornholm Team Almeborg Bornholm, 
#coloquick ColoQuick,
#trefor Trefor Bluewater

ÅRETS BANERYTTER - Track rider 
#boels Amalie Dideriksen
Frederik Rodenberg Madsen
Julius Johansen
#tcg Lasse Norman Hansen

ÅRETS TALENT - Talented Young rider
Julius Johansen Track
Mia Christensen BMX
Simon Andreassen MTB CX

ÅRETS PROFIL - Cycling Profile of the Year
#boels Amalie Dideriksen, 
#cult Rasmus Guldhammer
Simon Andreassen, (MTB)
#teamdk Danish U23s national team

There are three other categories which I haven't detailed in this post that cover BMX rider of the year, best cycling event and best cycle club.

But Can I Vote Midge?
YES YES YES!!!

The lovely people at Feltet allow anyone to stem nu, so get that mouse clicking here to vote for your favourites.  You have up to and including up to  Saturday 21st November.

Not sure about going the whole way??
Well I thought it might be fun to post our choices, or other nominations, moans, groans and things we loved about the Danish cycling season here on Velorooms. I'll put mine up later tonight, when I've calmed down and returned to some sense and decorum [4].
Obviously this is a completely free and democratic vote as per the usual rule on VR [5]

[1] - breathe Midge
[2] - disclosure of personal bias
[3] - they're lucky I don't live anywhere near, can you imagine the near hysteria
[4]:lol :lol :lol :lol not happening
[5] - just make sure you include
Spoiler (hover to show)
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Liked: 382
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    (oh dear Lord the memories of last year  :-x)
    Does anyone know of a particularly secure, preferably nuclear-proof bunker, somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere that is not connected to the Internet? I may be going on holiday in the very near future and need some place to stay.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Cycling is like boxing: It's not a game. It's a hard, pitiless sport that demands very great sacrifices.One plays football, tennis, hockey, but one does not play at cycling."
    - Jean de Gribaldy

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Does anyone know of a particularly secure, preferably nuclear-proof bunker, somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere that is not connected to the Internet? I may be going on holiday in the very near future and need some place to stay.

Conor, I am hurt... after all the effort I have been making with CX too
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    Conor, I am hurt... after all the effort I have been making with CX too
    I do not recall saying anything about the Danish Night of Cyclists in Suits in our agreement.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Quote from: LaVelocipede
    I do not recall saying anything about the Danish Night of Cyclists in Suits in our agreement.
    this is true, but given that you did not in fact keep to your part of the bargain, to whit watching Post Danmark Rundt (admittedly through no fault of your own), I assumed this would be a suitable alternative ;p
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    this is true, but given that you did not in fact keep to your part of the bargain, to whit watching Post Danmark Rundt (admittedly through no fault of your own), I assumed this would be a suitable alternative ;p
    I watched a WHOLE stage!. Anyway, got to talk to the travel agent about that bunker.  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• Slapshot

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 273
    Mon ami La Velocipede..... d you have access to a large red button that may be employable here as well as other locations??? :D :D :D
  • ReplyReply

• LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    Mon ami La Velocipede..... d you have access to a large red button that may be employable here as well as other locations??? :D :D :D
    You just reminded me.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Quote from: LaVelocipede
    You just reminded me

Aww bless you Conor for thinking that is EVER going to be enough #sosweet
    Now have you voted??

Look CX and everything :D
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Quote from: Slapshot

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha [breathe] hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha ;p

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5771
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    DANISH BIKE AWARDS 2015
    Voted already, naturally.

Idiot that I am, I missed the sign-on date to get in on the party.[1] :fp
    May be able to wiggle my way into the thing anyway, we'll see. ;)
     1. 'cause, you know, paying for stuff myself and wait in an orderly line with the plebs is SO beneath me :-x
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    Aww bless you Conor for thinking that is EVER going to be enough #sosweet
    Now have you voted??

Look CX and everything :D

mumblemumblegrumblegroanYESIVOTEDmumblemumblehelpme.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    mumblemumblegrumblegroanYESIVOTEDmumblemumblehelpme.

aww Conor >mwoah< :D :D

• ReplyReply

• Slapshot

• Neo Pro
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahha [breathe] hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha ;p

Lolz.....  :niceday :niceday :hi :luv

PS me too...... i think
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    As promised here's where my votes went.

Road
    #boels Amelie Dideriksen, #tinkoff Matti Breschel, #cult Rasmus Guldhammer, #trefor Soren Kragh Andersen
    What do you mean there is no Chris Juul Jensen? SULKS :o
    ah well, better be ..... Soren Kragh Andersen
    as Espoirs Central puts it "he blew the doors off everyone's expectations this year".

Time Triallist
    #tinkoff Chris Juul-Jensen,  #coloquick Mads Wurtz Schmidt, #trefor Soren Kragh Andersen, Niklas Larsen (hangs head, can't remember which team he rides for now, is it still Python??) Stupid Midge it's Team Kel-Berg Roskilde Junior of course
    YAAAY Danish Champion Chris  :D...
    Dammit, there is also SKA (he does have a good TT) AND the rainbow clad Trefor bound  Mads Wurtz Schmidt. You're  not making this easy Denmark. CJJ has improved his TT, but for 3rd at Nationals, 1st at PDR and the win at U23 Worlds my head over heart vote goes to ....  :Rainbow: MWS

MTB
    Annika Langvad, Sebastian Fini, Simon Andreassen, The entire World cup relay team for  (Simon Andreassen, Niels Rasmussen, Annika Langvad and Sebastian Fini).
    Couldn't decide between Langvad and wunderkid Andreassen... voted for THE WHOLE TEAM   :s

Domestique
    #tinkoff Chris Juul Jensen,  #coloquick Christian Moberg,  #tinkoff Jesper Hansen,  #lotto Lars Bak
    Lars Bak does such incredible work for his team. He's such an unsung stalwart and there's no doubt he deserves this award. But my vote goes to...... Chris Juul-Jensen (yes yes I know, but he deserves an award  :angry

Danish Conti team of the year
    #riwal Riwal,  #bornholm Team Almeborg Bornholm,  #coloquick ColoQuick, #trefor Trefor Bluewater
    ColoQuick had some great races. BUT Winners of the Post Cup overall with Mark Sehested,  wins from the Kragh Andersen brothers, numerous top 10 placings from many riders and a lock out of the U23 Nat champs podium - it's got to be Trefor Blue Water for me.

Track rider
    #boels Amalie Dideriksen, Frederik Rodenberg Madsen, Julius Johansen, #tcg Lasse Norman Hansen
    The outrageously talented Amalie D - No Contest

Talented Young rider
    Julius Johansen Track, Mia Christensen BMX, Simon Andreassen MTB/CX, #trefor Soren Kragh Andersen
    Simon Andreassen His Facebook profile lists  "3x World champion, 3x European champion, 10x National champion" and then you remember he's only 18.

Cycling Profile of the Year
    #boels Amalie Dideriksen,  #cult Rasmus Guldhammer, Simon Andreassen  (MTB/CX), #teamdk Danish U23s national team
    Actually a tough cross discipline category to make a judgement on. I haven't talked about Rasmus G much, but he had a great year with Cult just missing the overall podium at Tour des Fjords, Post Danmark Rundt and the Tour of Britain, and particularly the late season  2 x top 10's at WT Vattenfall and Plouay.  But then again the mighty U23 team were excellent: four stages at Tour de l'Avenir, sweeping the board at ZLM-Roompot Tour.   Hmmm this one is going to tak some thinking about.  Head says Guldhammer... Heart goes U23s   the Jury is out still  :-x
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1730
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    Head says Guldhammer... Heart goes U23s   the Jury is out still  :-x

Will do a bit of lobbying here then, I voted U23 and did so because of the great performance in L'avenir and then I voted Guldhammer as road rider of the year instead, rewarding both him and SKA, since he would be part of the U23 team.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    I have a ticket! :win
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    I have a ticket! :win

SO NOT JEALOUS :D

Have all of the fun, and PICS... there must be pics \o/

actually, if it's anything like last year, some of the favourites will be at teams camps etc....  :(
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    SO NOT JEALOUS :D

Have all of the fun, and PICS... there must be pics \o/
    Pah, for me it's an opportunity to catch up with the rest of the Feltet.dk crew. We hardly see each other, especially those from Jutland. ;)

Those awards are only a distraction - plus, in the dimly lit venue, any pics would come out horrible. And what happens at the afterparty stays at the afterparty! :P

I'll only say that Valgren is just as adorable in a suit as in a cycling kit. :shh
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Pah, for me it's an opportunity to catch up with the rest of the Feltet.dk crew. We hardly see each other, especially those from Jutland. ;)

Those awards are only a distraction - plus, in the dimly lit venue, any pics would come out horrible. And what happens at the afterparty stays at the afterparty! :P

I'll only say that Valgren is just as adorable in a suit as in a cycling kit. :shh

Oh God no! I don't want any after party details at all. Plus I have never thought of Valgren as adorable.  But enjoy the Feltet meetup... :)
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Will do a bit of lobbying here then, I voted U23 and did so because of the great performance in L'avenir and then I voted Guldhammer as road rider of the year instead, rewarding both him and SKA, since he would be part of the U23 team.

Good reasoning. Another route I nearly went with was SKA for Young talent, but I felt Andreassen deserved that. In the end the heart (or perhaps gut is a better way of expressing it) prevailed and I went with the U23s. This leaves Guldhammer without a vote in what has been a great year for him - which is a shame :(

But hey... what a great problem to have.... all that talent :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    Here's who I voted for (as far as I can remember):

#cult Rasmus Guldhammer,

ÅRETS ENKELTSTARTSRYTTER - Time Triallist (or as Google Translate gives 'Easy Rider' :lol)

ÅRETS MOUNTAINBIKERYTTER - come on we an ALL translate this one
    Simon Andreassen

ÅRETS HJÆLPERYTTER - Domestique
    #tinkoff Chris Juul Jensen, 

#coloquick ColoQuick,

#boels Amalie Dideriksen

Julius Johansen Track

#teamdk Danish U23s national team

I went with the same reasoning - let everyone have some award, so I only voted for the same person once.
    Guldhammer simply had the biggest road results, Mads Würtz the biggest ITT results, Simon Andreassen was the best MTBer. That meant that Chris Juul-Jensen had to get my vote for Best Domestique, even though he's also been a prolific winner. coloQuick simply were the most impressive Conti team to me, as I didn't expect Kamp and Würtz to be that strong (but always expected the Kragh brothers and the rest of #ttbw to dominate). Amalie Dideriksen got my vote for track rider, and Julius Johansen for young talent. Seriously, he's BIG. Was 3rd in the junior nationals, would have been nominated for the Worlds ... if only he weren't still U17. Also won several junior track nationals medals. Andreassen and Dideriksen got the award in previous years already, and I just don't know who Mia Christensen is.
    Profile of the year has to be the U23 national team - because I voted for the rest already; but also because they've been stronger than ever this year.
  • ReplyReply

• Slapshot

• Neo Pro
    I can't remember but using the same methodology as Alina would or the good lady known otherwise as pariswheels would I voted for Matti Breschel, CJJ and the best looking girls in the options.......  :D :D :D   
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    Today's the day ...

I'll be off to have dinner with the Feltet.dk guys soon, and then we'll go to the show. :)
    Going to be a nice evening. :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    And the Winners are....

Well!! it all went on at the Cirkusbygningen in Copenhagen last night.

Or at least I think it did given I couldn't see what what going on at front of stage due to geo-restricted TV2 paywall thing of annoyance.
    However, the live feed from backstage certainly persuades me that  there were most definitely

and a that a jolly good night was had by all.

So who walked home with the trophies Midge??

If you want to see how the votes were split between the candidates then Feltet has the full results. Or read on for my highlights...

#ttbw  Soren Kragh Andersen
    Never stopped smiling and absolutely rocked a black sweater o/

interview here

ÅRETS ENKELTSTARTSRYTTER - Time Triallist
    Yep the U23 World Champion with the blonde fringe of awesomeness stormed away with this one and was a riot backstage
    For years I struggled to find my time trial. The I have found with Bennekou, and I owe him a lot. Many thanks. It is four years since I won the junior World Cup, so in four years I win the World Cup as a professional.

ÅRETS MOUNTAINBIKERYTTER - come on we can ALL translate this one
    Simon Andreassen - of course

ÅRETS HJÆLPERYTTER - Unsung hero / team riders / domestique
     :STOP PRESS it WASN'T  #tinkoff Chris Juul 

But's it was lovely  #lotto Lars Bak which is just brilliant too [wipes tears]

#ttbw  It had to be the guys in blue Team TREFOR Blue Water
    https://twitter.com/TREFORBluewater/status/668898325802954752

Hall Of Fame
    Rolf Sorensen was inducted this year

and I found out the nickname... before my time  :shh

who else but #boels Amalie Dideriksen

went to the 13 year old  BMX talent Mia Christensen
    Here she is being interviewed by Mads Würtz Schmidt

#teamdk Danish U23s national team Last award of the evening, and the winning U23s had certainly enjoyed themselves by the look of them. They've been a joy to watch all season long, and thoroughly deserved the award and the night of celebration.
    - This should be home on Bennekous shelf. It will be hard to come by, Anders, but we are looking forward to it!
    I give you the U23s in full flight and yelling Bennekou ;p

all I can say is Good luck Anders Lund :D

Last thoughts

So there we have it, Danish Bike Award Night is over for another year. Of course VR's own LukasCPH was there and although he did say what goes on in Cirkusbygningen stays in Cirkusbygningen I am hoping for a few details  ;)

For completeness sake I should add that Danish Club of the year was won by MTB Randers Club and the Bike Event award went to the Aarhus - Copenhagen, and Simone Christensen took the BMX award.

I have a final award to hand out...
    Tweet of Night

Not an awards night without #SpecialBreschel [waits impatiently for pictures to appear]

Midge's Predictions...
     5 from 8 ... I'll take that  :)

BUT I'm not happy about Chris Juul Jensen ... not at all  :o
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 14:13 by Not My Circus »

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    The pics from Monday's show are now up:
    http://feltet.dk/nyheder/vinderne_ved_danish_bike_awards_2015/

There's a gallery at the bottom of the article. :)
  • ReplyReply

•