Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1510
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Random Danish cycling news sponsored by Midge
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:20 »
Not sure where best to post this

https://twitter.com/DK_Cykle_Union/status/667273424851607552

Anders Lund (ex Saxo) to replace Morten Bennekou as Coach of the Danish U23 squad.

Press release here

Bennekou's shoes were always going to be difficult to fill, and while this is a surprising choice, I think it could well work.  Sure Anders may not have direct coaching experience at this level, but he brings a whole different skill set to the job. All that experience and tactical know how from his years as a professional could well provide that next level for a talented set of young riders.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:43 by just some guy »

LaVelocipede

• Domestique
    • Liked: 382
    • Awards: Reigning TDF Prediction Champ2015 Giro Quiz League - 1st PlaceNew Member of 2014
    Next week - specially targeted Danish cycling news sponsored by Midge.  :P
  • ReplyReply
  • "Cycling is like boxing: It's not a game. It's a hard, pitiless sport that demands very great sacrifices.One plays football, tennis, hockey, but one does not play at cycling."
    - Jean de Gribaldy

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Next week - specially targeted Danish cycling news sponsored by Midge.  :P

Well obviously that's what this thread is for   :cool
    ... but at least you'll know and be able to avoid it  :lol
    I was thinking of your sanity Conor  :angel
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Re: Anders Lund as U23 Coach
    « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:59 »
    The more I read, the better I like the idea...
    interview with Feltet
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    CX
    « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:38 »
    #SpecialBreschel in CX debut at the the weekend...

FIERCE

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Danish UCI & Post Cup races in 2016
    « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:25 »
    I pieced together the 2016 Danish racing calendar (also adding the UCI races in Sweden & Norway as they're usually dominated by the Danes).

There'll be only 4 Post Cup races next year. :(
    The fifth date had been taken by the new 1.1 race Velothon Copenhagen ... but reading between the lines in this Cykelmagasinet article, that race may be postponed until 2017.

Anyhow, here's the calendar:
    Date Date Nat. Cat. Name
    19/03 *de Nat Rund um Ascheffel
    20/03 *de Nat Giro Nortorf
    23/04 *dk PC GP Herning Post Cup 1
    29/04 *dk 1.2 Himmerland Rundt
    30/04 *dk 1.2 GP Viborg
    01/05 *dk 1.2 Skive-Løbet
    07/05 *no 1.2 Hadeland GP
    08/05 *no 1.2 Ringerike GP
    14/05 *se 1.2 Scandinavian Race in Uppsala
    18/05 22/05 *no 2.HC Tour of Norway
    27/05 *dk NC DM ITT U23 Haderslev
    28/05 *dk NC DM RR U23 Haderslev
    05/06 *dk PC Bornholm Post Cup 2
    11/06 *dk 1.2 Fyen Rundt
    12/06 *dk 1.2 GP Horsens Posten
    18/06 *dk NC DM TTT Sjælland
    19/06 *dk 1.1 Velothon Copenhagen
    23/06 *dk NC DM ITT Næstved
    26/06 *dk NC DM RR Næstved
    27/07 31/07 *dk 2.HC Post Danmark Rundt
    10/08 14/08 *no 2.HC Arctic Race of Norway
    28/08 *dk PC Sorø Post Cup 3
    31/08 04/09 *no 2.1 Tour des Fjords
    11/09 *se 1.1 Velothon Stockholm
    18/09 *dk PC Randers Post Cup 4
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    LOVE this, thanks Lukas :)

only 4 Post Cup rounds and a maybe Velothon. Hmm we'll have to wait and see. I knew PDR was moving dates, but hadn't realised about Tour des Fjords... I meant to listen to the Fjords presentation today, and then completely forgot about it [shakes head at self]. Now the Danish pros are spread amongst many teams, it will be interesting to see who makes PDR, and also how DM tactics work out...

Is it 2016 yet???
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    http://www.postdanmarkrundt.dk/index.php?p=nyheder/profil.php&nyhed=473

The 2016 Tour of Denmark will start with a 195 km stage from Herning to Esbjerg. The latter part of the stage will be along the North Sea, with the very narrow bridge at Kammerslusen a key point on the route:

In 2011 the peloton split here, with a.o. Jakob Fuglsang and Richie Porte losing all chances of overall victory.

The race will have only 5 stages on 5 days - no morning road stage on the penultimate day anymore, only the ITT. Makes sense from a TV broadcast standpoint; this year the morning stage wasn't televised because the production company couldn't have two set-ups (or take it down after the morning stage finished and build it up again at the ITT in time).
    Queen stage finishes in Vejle, final stage on Frederiksberg Allé.

DR will broadcast the race. No mention of EuroSport, but I expect that they'll carry it too.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Ed Hood from Pez talks with Mads Wurz Schmidt on winning in 2015, developing in 2016, and a future on the WorldTour in 2017.

Cykelmagasinet have words with Breschel on CX, running, interval training and disk brakes  and also his plans for 2016 . Race schedule seems to be Mallorca, Valencia, altitude training, spring classics and then a GT - the Tour for choice.
    I must avoid crashes and illness, but I hope wildly much on it, and rejoice.

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain

Oh my goodness... Birdsong to the cobbles  :cool :cool :cool

https://twitter.com/veloropa/status/677386236202524672

He's talked about it before but never had it in his programme. I have always thought he has the skill set for the cobbles, and Flanders would suit more than say Paris Roubaix.

I shall watch with interest...
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10826
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Oh my goodness... Birdsong to the cobbles  :cool :cool :cool

https://twitter.com/veloropa/status/677386236202524672

He's talked about it before but never had it in his programme. I have always thought he has the skill set for the cobbles, and Flanders would suit more than say Paris Roubaix.

I shall watch with interest...

The biggest understatement of the year Birdsong gets a hair cut and you would watch with interest  :lol

:cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    The biggest understatement of the year Birdsong gets a hair cut and you would watch with interest  :lol

:cool

OI you!!!

What the ...

Hah... you are right... :lol :lol :lol

Except...

NOT THE HAIR!!! that hair is perfect the way it is...  :angry :angry

I still think he'll make a good go on the cobbles ...  :D :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Yours truly will take one of his last opportunities to watch a Danish track race tonight:
    The Danish omnium championships! :cool

Among the starters:
    Casper Folsach
    Mathias Krigbaum
    Daniel Hartvig
    Simon Bigum
    Elias Heslleskov Busk
    Mads Pedersen
    Amalie Winther Olsen
    Michelle Lauge Quaade

Defending champions Lasse Norman Hansen and Amalie Dideriksen won't start. :(
    That means we'll see new #champdk champions! :)

I'll be cheering especially for the #soigneur guys Elias Helleskov Busk & Rasmus Bøgh Wallin. :cheer
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Yours truly will take one of his last opportunities to watch a Danish track race tonight:
    The Danish omnium championships! :cool

Among the starters:
    Casper Folsach
    Mathias Krigbaum
    Daniel Hartvig
    Simon Bigum
    Elias Heslleskov Busk
    Mads Pedersen
    Amalie Winther Olsen
    Michelle Lauge Quaade

Defending champions Lasse Norman Hansen and Amalie Dideriksen won't start. :(
    That means we'll see new #champdk champions! :)

I'll be cheering especially for the #soigneur guys Elias Helleskov Busk & Rasmus Bøgh Wallin. :cheer

Ooooo lucky you - enjoy  :D

Give them all a cheer for me, I should like to see Krigbaum on the podium

But hang on .... wait ..... Mads Pedersen ??? Stolting Mads P ??? 

Now I am jealous :)

Spoiler (hover to show)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    But hang on .... wait ..... Mads Pedersen ??? Stolting Mads P ??? 
    The very same. But he's #cult Mads P for two more weeks. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    The very same. But he's #cult Mads P for two more weeks. ;)

Hahahaha I can't heart that comment enough

As for Mads, well you must cheer very loud for me too #GoMads

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    As for Mads, well you must cheer very loud for me too #GoMads
    I will! :D
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    All the young dudes1....

https://twitter.com/CiclismoInter/status/677969036043489280

Good article on the current crop of hopefuls.
    and why a Danish vueltómano might be regarded with suspicion in a country of clasicómanos y rodadores

[1]
     1. with honourable mentions for the slightly older  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Remember way back in November when the Danish Bike Awards happened and fan girl was let loose for the night?
    At the time I said (perhaps warned would be a better word  ;) that...
    Actually there are two award events for Danish Cycling. Why? because they are utterly brilliant and deserve it obviously! [2]. One set arranged by the Danmark Cykle Union and the one I have posted here from the cycling website feltet.dk.

Well lo and behold today IS THE DAY the DCU announce their CYCLIST OF THE YEAR 2015

This is a much more serious and staid affair to be held at the new HQ of Danmark Post, so fear not, there will be no fan girl reprise today.

The SERIOUS stuff....
    from here
    A committee consisting of Lars Bonde and Morten Bennekou (Danish Cycling Union), Mogens Jacobsen (Politiken), Benjamin Munk Poulsen (Berlingske) and Anders Lund (future Danish U23 national coach) has nominated five riders Year Cyclist 2015. 
    Danish Cycling Union and Post Denmark is responsible for the conduct of the election and referendum .
    All Danish Cycling Union license riders and managers are eligible to vote. The vote is closed. 

The nominees for this year's Rider 2015: 
    Christopher Juul Jensen  (Tinkoff-Saxo) 
    • Victory merged in Tour of Denmark 2.HC
    • Danish champion in the time trial
     • Important helper during Tinkoff-Saxo Giro victory.

Jesper Hansen   (Tinkoff -Saxo)
    • Victory merged in the Tour of Norway 2.HC
    • Stage Victory in the queen stage of the Tour of Norway
    • Breakthrough as a domestique on the mountain stages in the Vuelta Espana.

Mads Würtz Schmidt  (Team COLOQUICK)
    • U23-world champion in time trial • Victory in the time trial in Post Tour of Denmark
    • The stage victory in the Tour de I'Avenir.

Annika Langvad  (Specialized Racing)
    • Victory in MTB World Cup department in Val di Sole
     • Merged third place in the World Cup 2015 • Silver at the World Championships MTB-Marathon.

Soren Kragh Andersen
      ( TRE-Blue Water)
    • Total no. 2 of the Tour de Fjord Cat. 2.1
    • Stage victory in the prologue of the Tour de I'Avenir
    • The stage victory in the Tour de I'Avenir.

I'll report back with the results in due course ...
    Spoiler (hover to show)

EDIT: AND THE WINNERS ARE... :Party: :Party: :Party:
    Spoiler (hover to show)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 18:10 by Not My Circus, Reason: results added »

LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    My unofficial report:
    The right rider won, the cake was to die for, and Chris JJ was his usual funny self. :)
  • ReplyReply

• Guilherme Ribeiro

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 96
    So what prediction you have to Mads Wurtz results in the new season?
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    My unofficial report:
    The right rider won, the cake was to die for, and Chris JJ was his usual funny self. :)

Yes indeed, you can't argue with the rainbows. IIRC Birdsong took the prize in his rainbow year as well. It's just ... #sigh

Glad to hear Chris was on form, hopefully we'll hear what his race schedule is soon.

You know I need pictures of the cake now, or  a description at the very   ;)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    He'll probably go for much of the same as 2015:
    The *dk ITT champs, Tour of Denmark ITT, #rainbow U23 ITT Worlds - and the U23 Nations Cup races. Plus whatever UCI races #trefor are going to do ...

Mads Würtz won't be as all-conquering as Søren Kragh was, he's not really the sprinter type. But he could nevertheless get some good results in the Norwegian UCI races etc. simply because he's good enough to be at the sharp end.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Glad to hear Chris was on form, hopefully we'll hear what his race schedule is soon.

You know I need pictures of the cake now, or  a description at the very   ;)
    CJJ did say on stage that with two Giros under his belt, he was hoping for the Tour ... :shh

No cake pics, sorry. It was a brownie-type cake, very full and chocolate-y. I should have filled my pockets!
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain

More of the same (TTs, short stage races if they're on the calender, and some aggressive one day racing. I'd imagine he'll target nationals,  his home Tour, and Worlds again.

Actually I'm pleased he's taken another year at the Conti level, rather than sailing off to the pro ranks. He seems like a rider that needs his head in the right place to stay motivated and on track. He'll surely benefit working with Team Trefor particularly given the head coah / sports director Ricky Enø Jørgensen moves from Coloquick with him. Another year of development, race craft and hopefully some victories will be just the ticket.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    CJJ did say on stage that with two Giros under his belt, he was hoping for the Tour ... :shh

No cake pics, sorry. It was a brownie-type cake, very full and chocolate-y. I should have filled my pockets!

Chris at the Tor would be the best... in fact imagine how many Danes could be on the start line?

MMMMMM brownies are the best, but very rich
  • ReplyReply

• Guilherme Ribeiro

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 96
    Thanks
  • ReplyReply

• DB-Coop

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1738
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding Content 2014Avatar of 2014Velorooms Vuelta Velogames Winner 2014
    Chris at the Tor would be the best... in fact imagine how many Danes could be on the start line?

In the news today it made it sound like he had talks with OGE and that he most likely was going to start the Tour, I think it makes sense, Giro really looks worse than the tour for Chavez so he should probably start the Tour, CJJ was signed in part to get a dom that had been on a top GC team in a GT, so I think it makes sense for both to be on the start line for the Tour.

As far as Danes on the start line, my guess:
    Chris Anker Sørensen
    Christopher Juul Jensen
    Jakob Fuglsang
    Michael Mørkøv
    Lars Bak
    and maybe Valgren too
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    In the news today it made it sound like he had talks with OGE and that he most likely was going to start the Tour, I think it makes sense, Giro really looks worse than the tour for Chavez so he should probably start the Tour, CJJ was signed in part to get a dom that had been on a top GC team in a GT, so I think it makes sense for both to be on the start line for the Tour.

As far as Danes on the start line, my guess:
    Chris Anker Sørensen
    Christopher Juul Jensen
    Jakob Fuglsang
    Michael Mørkøv
    Lars Bak
    and maybe Valgren too

Nicely put  :cool
    Being an excellent dom and the 'winning' experience he can bring was most certainly a huge part of why he got the OGE gig. The final piece of the jigsaw was how OGE would campaign at the 2016 GTs... where Chavez would be suited and how they work with the Yates brothers.

As for Danes at the Tour... I'd expect Fuglsang, Bak, Mørkøv for sure, v. High probability of CAS and CJJ, I'm sure I read Valgren is slated to accompany Contador in 2016 and so I'd expect the Tour again if all goes well. I would add Breschel but at a lower probability, he seems to be in with a chance according to interviews. And that's 3/4 more than last year  :cool

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    YAAY  :D 
    Good to see CJJ in the  #greenedge kit. Sense of humour still intact, lets hope the wrist is healing nicely.  Look closely and there is also a bit of Magnus Cort too  :cool

https://twitter.com/JensenJuul/status/689824520442626049
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Re: Retirement announcements by search
    [November 16, 2017, 08:13]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2017, 20:35]