collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7459
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2016, 22:18 »
They were going for stage wins etc. in Sibiu as well - and Daniel Turek ended up 5th overall. If he hadn't focused on the #green KOM jersey and attacked on the climb to Gura Raului, I think he could have challenged for the podium or even the win, and that without really having targeted it, and after already spending all of stage 1 in the break, the last 15-20 km of it solo.

In many ways, stage wins and one-day races are 'easier' to win. It sounds counter-intuitive, but there are so many more opportunities, and less damage is done if you get something wrong. One bad day can ruin the effort of a whole week (or three weeks!) in a stage race; in one-day races, you put it behind and look forward to the next race.

With *ca *il Sylvan Adams coming on board (literally), I think we'll see more *ca riders than just Boivin and Perry in #academy kit next year.
#silber Matteo Dal-Cin is ready for a pro contract, and eventually Kris Dahl and Nigel Ellsay will be, too. There's #rally Adam de Vos as well. Ryan Roth would be a very good, experienced mentor/road captain as well if he wants to do another round of the pro circuit - but he may well choose to stay in Canada with #silber and only do the North American races.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean