collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7716
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2016, 23:39 »
Best news of the week. I was getting a bit worried that he didn't fit in with this alleged "top name" team policy, but my fears have been allayed. Now we just need the other Dan to put pen to paper and then we're cooking with gas.
The "top name" policy was always just for new signings (more or less), they'd be stupid not to take their tried and tested talents with them.

Not that out of the blue that Migdal, Malovec and Piaskowy are leaving. Gabay, the winner of Hets Hatsafon, is maybe more of a surprise.
Huh.
4th in the *il champs isn't good enough anymore for a pro contract ... to be honest, that's probably a reasonable assessment of the current strength of Israeli cycling.
I guess that he'll continue with the development team that they have in the works.

Anyway if we assume that Mr. Craven re-signs as do the remaining five Israelis (Goldstein x 2, Hadari, Sagiv and Yechezkel). That will give a total of 15 riders to date. So probably still a few spots to fill - a couple from another X-Factor camp? a top name fast guy? Africans?
Mr. Craven said in Sibiu that he'd already had "the talk" with the management back in June/July (two months early), and I assume he's just waiting for all the Is to be crossed and Ts to be dotted ... or something.

I don't think all five Israelis will necessarily get a pro deal right away. Sagiv and Roy Goldstein have proven themselves, and Yechezkel is up-and-coming. Omer Goldstein however has only half a season of Conti experience, and the same is true for Zohar Hadari. Those two would profit from another year at Conti level.

Another X-Factor camp would be cool. :D
Don't know if they need a top name fast guy, but it's undeniable that, if one were available, he'd be nice to have.
Africans I would love to see. I think #academy will be at the Tour of Rwanda, what better opportunity to look at the talent that's there.
But I think they can also snap up one or two experienced riders still; there are lots of riders looking for a ride at the moment, many with an impressive palmarès.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts