collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 3465
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2018, 22:30 »
I think Neilandts clearly is the man of the hour in #academy, but the hour doesn't necessarily stretch into May.
Actually, in the MSR, the whole team, with one notable exception,  was pretty much punching above their weight class, I think they were 5-strong before the Cavendish crash near the base of the Poggio.

Somone crashed into August Jensen's rear derailleur, probably in the chaos caused by the flying Manx missile. The derailleur was bent and skipped gears, only working on some. On the climb of the Poggio he couldn't get the best gear for his climbing working. Nevertheless, he managed to get over in the first group but lacked the gears to follow in the high speed chase on the flat section into the Via Roma.
Although the results doesn't show it -it is probably recognized internally as a good day out.
(source: procycling.no)   

The one rider who did not go quite to expectatations was the intended captain? Kristian Sbaragli was clearly struggling at the back and dropped before the start of the Poggio. However, I guess he's a guaranteed man on the Giro squad, he'll play the part of "the Italian guy" in this spaghetti eastern movie...

EDIT: damn !#¤!#¤ procyclingstats - that was supposedly the team results widget....will see if I can fix it.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts