collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7716
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2018, 08:38 »
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2018/03/22/110178/radiocorsa-i-segreti-della-sanremo-raisport-amarcord-indiscreto-tuttobiciweb

Get your large pinch of Beppe salt ready: Bike Geeeeks to take over the BMC WT licence for 2019.
Now I have enough salt for the next couple of years! :lol

However isn't the WT shrinking to 17 teams next year?
Possibly. Information on this is conspicuously unforthcoming. I think the last we heard was this from November 2016:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/18-teams-2017-uci-worldtour-including-dimension-data-298663
“Since the commencement of the WorldTeam registration process for 2017, it has become clear that there are 18 candidates for WorldTeam licences,” said the UCI in a press release. “With this in mind, the PCC has decided that for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, a maximum of 18 UCI WorldTeam licences may be issued.”
The UCI said: “the ambition is to strengthen the competitiveness of elite level and therefore to set the maximum number of UCI WorldTeams to 17 in 2019 and 16 from 2020 onwards, with a working group tasked to study this and a number of other topics.”
So it's "the ambition" to reduce the number of teams ... that could mean everything and nothing.
I think that if there are 18 or more candidates for 2019 again, they won't reduce the number.

On the other hand I did read an article earlier this year (or at the tail end of last) saying that the infrastructure of the team (all the staff in the background, the facilities, the non-white leather seats on the bus etc) were of a WT level already.
The bus is the one we had at #stolting, so it's obviously the bestest bus ever. :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts