collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8147
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2019, 15:02 »
Turek interview.

https://www.roadcycling.cz/clanek/daniel-turek-mou-podporu-si-vyzadali-vsichni-hlavni-lidri?

We have an overview of races where you have helped several leaders. Did the team or leaders appreciate it?

Last year, when Ben Hermans Giro was supposed to go with an emphasis on overall ranking, he asked me. But then the management decided not to go to GC, and then my services were not needed either. Also this year leaders appreciated my work and skills. Ávila told me the team at the beginning of the season. Cimolai asked for only two people during the season and I was one of them. Van Asbroeck, too, was very satisfied with my support, which showed leadership. This award is the biggest win for me in the season!

So, do you stay in this team that moves to WorldTour in 2020?

The final roster will have 30 people and it is not yet known exactly what the final team composition will be. If I don't make it to the World Tour team, then, like any team from the top division, Israel Cycling will have to have a development team from next season. And if not in the first team, I have a reserved place in development.

The advantage is that besides WorldTour races, the first team can nominate people from the reserve team for selected races of a higher category. The fact that I am the only one who has been in the team since its inception also plays in my favor. At the moment, I cannot say what the probability of the end result is.
  • ReplyReply

•