collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8440
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2019, 09:35 »
https://twitter.com/yallaACADEMY/status/1203543972473389056

Still no official news of the last four riders. Unofficially though Boivin, Niv and Sagiv have all been spotted in social media and Omer Goldstein must be the other. Earle might have been an option, but he's been racing today in Australia.

That'll give four Israelis in total. Not the best for results short term in the team, but the correct decision long term and otherwise.

Turek is in the devo team. It wouldn't surprise me if some of Dunne, Gebremedhin and Schreurs were part of that too.

IKA's use of the devo team should be quite different to most other WT teams at least for this year. I think most other teams will just use the riders like stagiaires and have a handful of them racing at various events later in the year. Maybe they'll also get a chance if there are injuries.

On top of that, IKA should have some Israelis going the other way and getting chances in the devo team. Also the more experienced riders (Turek et al) could be flitting between both teams all year round. The main team might be limited to 30 official riders, but could in reality it be closer to 34? Could we see the team racing four (!) events at once + the rest of the devo team somewhere else? It wouldn't surprise me.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts