collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8502
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #480 on: December 11, 2019, 16:47 »
http://canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=35441

We spoke with Ben Perry about his new role on the Continental squad:  "The team will serve to help develop these young Israelis and do a bunch of [UCI] .2 and .1 level races, mostly in Spain, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.  I'm going to be a leader next year for that team. There's going to be room to move from the Continental team to the WorldTour team within the same structure.  So, there's a chance for me to do races with the WorldTour team at points during the year."

"I'm excited about the opportunity, because things went well last year and I won a race, but there just wasn't enough room for me at the end of the day [on the WorldTour team].  It's an opportunity to be a leader and try and win again, rather than being a team mate.  So I'm taking that opportunity with both hands, and hopefully it's one year in Continental and then back up."

Well he think's he's going to be a leader in the team next year, so maybe Avila will be too then.

Still don't think that makes too much sense. Should be more about the youngsters.
  • ReplyReply

•