collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8350
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #480 on: December 12, 2019, 19:09 »
Various other interviews doing the rounds.

Cousin Dan:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/dan-martin-this-is-the-kind-of-atmosphere-that-i-perform-best-in/

"I sat in the directors' meeting the other day and they said 'well, what races do you want to do?' and I said, 'I don't know'. I really just want to have fun. I've done all the biggest races; I've got results in many of them. Now it's just a case of racing my bike, having fun, and choosing my programme around the races that suit me best, irrespective of what race it is,”

Ardennes and Tour on his calendar.

Greipel:

https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article/2019/12/12/1576077533/andre-greipel-israel-start-up-nation-vicino-al-ritiro-voglio-vincere

The debut with the new colors will take place in Australia, at the Tour Down Under , therefore the time to work on the new train will not be much: "I hope to return to being competitive in the sprints, and at the same time trying to educate the younger athletes . There is a lot of potential in the team to be able to create a good train, we'll see if we will be able to exploit it in the race"

Politt:

https://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_118183.htm

At Paris - Roubaix do you see him (Greipel) as a very important pillar, who can also win?

Politt: Yes, that applies to all classics. I think it's good to start with two leaders, even if he does not like to hear that. But you can always have a bad day. The classics only last for two weeks. If you are not top of the class then you have missed a year.

Your goals in the coming season?

Politt: Of course, the classics Paris - Roubaix and the Flanders Tour are at the top. If I could get one or two top ten results before that, that would be great. I'm not pressure. I know what I have in my legs, I have proven this year.

Mallorca, Almeria and Algarve on his early season programme

Avila:

https://www.revistamundociclistico.com/2019/firme-con-el-continental-pero-voy-a-correr-tambien-con-el-equipo-worldtour-edwin-avila/

"I am very happy to start 2020 here in the Tour Colombia with the WorldTour team, it is a very big emotion and I want the season to begin".

Ávila's slogan for 2020 is clear, fight for partial victories and win a spot in the WorldTour squad. “In 2020 my goal is to hopefully win again, because it is not easy to win every year, there is a lot of level, there are new people and it is very difficult, to win but my goal is to win 3 or 5 races to be able to go up to the WorldTour what is it I want more independent of the races, my mentality is to get on the WT ”.

Hermans:

Ben Hermans still has one thing in his stomach. When talking about the Olympic Games, his name does not fall for the time being. “May I find that strange? The Olympic course is tailor-made for me. Moreover, I am at my best in weather conditions that we can expect in Tokyo next summer. In the past I never dropped in the heat and I can go up a mountain. Remco Evenepoel is of course a fixed value. But call me five better climbers in Belgium. Laurens De Plus, Tiesj Benoot too. But when it gets as warm as predicted, it is hard to get to five. "

TDU for him also, and he'd like to finally ride the Tour.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: 2020 downhill technique by t-72
    [Today at 07:13]

Re: The Remco Evenepoel Evolution Thread by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 02:40]

Re: 2020 downhill technique by Leadbelly
    [February 24, 2020, 20:56]

2020 downhill technique by t-72
    [February 24, 2020, 19:28]

Re: Giro 2020 General Discussion by Drummer Boy