collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 8785
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #570 on: August 12, 2020, 13:09 »
So we had all those names linked earlier in the year and not so many of them have signed. I'm okay with that. Teuns was the only one I would have really, really liked to have seen and maybe Jungle Bob. The pair of them could have given good support to Froome in one race per year and then covered a lot of bases in the classics and one-week races.

Woods is finally an exciting transfer. Another oldie, but since he was a late starter to the bike world, that should be less of an issue.

I think that makes 22 confirmed riders for next year. Add in the three Israelis and Boivin (I think he'll be okay as long as he wants to continue riding) and four spots are left.

Politt going to Bora leaves a big classics hole to be filled. There's not many good options about though. Vanmarcke (I feel his time has past), Terpstra (could be a stop-gap for a year), AGJ (good, but is he a leader?) or Trentin (surely a bigger team will pick him up).

Assuming Barbier, McCabe and Raim all leave, that still leaves 3 sprinters plus Einhorn. However none of the three really fill me with confidence of getting a big result against the best. Still would Philipsen or the topical Meeus want to join?

That leaves climbers. The rumour was that Aru was under scrutiny, but had to show something in the remainder of the season. So far he's been a bit better than last year. However was still outclimbed by Hermans in Burgos. Valter? Going to Groupama according to the world of Twitter. Zakarin? They tried to sign him last year, might he change his mind now? Majka? Far from my favourite rider, but you can send him to the Giro, Vuelta and a few WT stage races and he'll hoover up some stage wins and UCI points if that's your thing.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Race News 2021: Rumours, Dates, Parcours and Wildcards by Leadbelly
    [October 22, 2020, 11:08]

Race News 2021: Rumours, Dates, Parcours and Wildcards by Leadbelly
    [October 22, 2020, 11:04]

Re: Ronde van Vlaanderen by t-72
    [October 19, 2020, 23:33]

Re: Ronde van Vlaanderen by search
    [October 19, 2020, 22:44]

Re: Roadbooks by Thibautg16