collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 8785
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2020, 20:12 »
Rumours earlier in the week that Barbier had extended for two years.

....and there it is.

https://twitter.com/YallaIsraelSUN/status/1305526350837673984

He knows that winning sprints is a team effort. “We need to work together in the sprint and keep the same leadout team as much as possible. It is impossible to win a sprint alone. I go very fast in the last few meters and I always do a fast final. With a strong team around me we can win quickly in the WorldTour.

Rudy has been working with team coach Greg Henderson, and is now on his way to the Tour of Slovakia to prepare for the Giro. “We have a great team at the Giro to put me in the best position in the sprints.  I watched the sprints in Tirreno and the team leadouts were amazing. I’m excited to join them in Italy!”

Cimolai leading him out seems a good option, but why wasn't he at TA then? Just checking back and him and the Italian haven't raced a sprint stage together yet in the team. He teamed up with Zabel in UAE to some good effect, so he has had some practice with the train. It does smack somewhat of a last minute decision.

The other thing I checked out just now were the Giro profiles. I thought it was meant to be more sprint friendly than the Tour this year? Maybe that was when they were going to start in Hungary, but now it certainly doesn't look very Barbier friendly. I count three nailed on full sprints and then there's a couple of others which might be too much for the Frenchman.

As for the Giro team as a whole, those profiles make me hope that they take more than one climber. Navarro was at TA, but Badilatti surely deserves a spot and why not Piccoli? The Vuelta might suit him more, but if Martin and/or Hermans double up then his chances there could be limited.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Race News 2021: Rumours, Dates, Parcours and Wildcards by Leadbelly
    [October 22, 2020, 11:08]

Race News 2021: Rumours, Dates, Parcours and Wildcards by Leadbelly
    [October 22, 2020, 11:04]

Re: Ronde van Vlaanderen by t-72
    [October 19, 2020, 23:33]

Re: Ronde van Vlaanderen by search
    [October 19, 2020, 22:44]

Re: Roadbooks by Thibautg16