collapse

Leadbelly

• World Champion
  • Liked: 9495
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #720 on: November 09, 2021, 18:41 »
Also mentioned in the article is that Canadian trackie Derek Gee is joining the devo team. I was aware of him several years ago through the Misc American Tour Races threads, but he hasn't done much road racing for a couple of years and as a 97-er we can view the transfer as likely just a helping hand for his Paris ambitions on the track.

......or maybe not.

https://twitter.com/cdncyclist/status/1457909994498760707

Derek also spoke about how this impacts his involvement with the track program.

"I'm definitely taking a bit of a break. It's still an unknown as to how I'm going to be on the road; what kind of rider I am and how far I can make it on the road. I have big aspirations on the road and I'm definitely going to commit fully this year and see where it goes. I'll probably make a decision about the track from there."

One other piece of news we can glean from the interview is that Plamondon will not be with the devo team in 2022. Czech media were saying that things didn't look good for Boucek either.

Ergo the foreign half of the devo team will be:

Gee
Pickrell
Kessler
Hollyman
Mackellar
Frigo

+2

Alex Bogna might be a possibility if he doesn't win a place at Alpecin via Zwift. If you see his haircut you'll know which country he comes from. Well, one of two countries just thinking about it.
  • ReplyReply

•