collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1660
Re: The Academy of Cycling
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2018, 21:32 »
I assume they will need at least a few Israelis for the giro? and at least one Italian, in which case Sbaragli is in?

In-shape version of the cube-shaped bouncing ball Sondre Holst Enger can be a threat for almost everyone. High risk, high potential!  :cool

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5694
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #361 on: January 31, 2018, 05:53 »
    I assume they will need at least a few Israelis for the giro? and at least one Italian, in which case Sbaragli is in?

Just the one Israeli for the Giro barring some miraculous form from more than one of them. Roy Goldstein is in prime position with the Nats jersey. Sagiv is his main rival, but if he's carrying an injury, then the decision could be even easier.

I think all the riders who stepped down from WT will be there including Sbaragli. Unless they're injured of course or have shown absolutely no form in the next couple of months.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #362 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00 »
    Giro Watch

There's been a few races since the last update, but no major performances to get excited about.

Hermans, Neilands and Sagiv - 10th on the queen stage at Valenciana for Hermans. Didn't feel great at the bottom of the climb (and was nowhere to be seen), but fought hard and had a really strong finish to the stage. At Laigueglia he had to bridge across the gap to the front grp and didn't have any energy left to do any more. Sagiv looks to be over his knee pain.

Everyone in Colombia! Crashes didn't help, but nobody there will be thinking their Giro chances are looking rosy. Raim was already facing an uphill battle to get ahead of Sbaragli and SHE, but a possible wrist injury and poor performances by him and his train surely means Italy will not be on the menu for him. Also Edwin Avila is not a guy for the sprint train. Too small and lightweight. The team should be using him in other ways ie. breaks or slightly more selective group finishes.

Up next for the team Ruta del Sol (Hermans and Sbaragli) and Haut Var (SHE and Jensen).
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #363 on: February 20, 2018, 18:45 »
    https://www.facebook.com/IsraelCyclingAcademy/posts/1162226460547577

It was time for a frank reflection .

It is obvious a month into our breakthrough grand tour season , we seem to still having problems in kicking into gear.

What is missing ?

The results obviously not there, nor are our performance in critical moments overboard in most of the races so far.

We asked our sports director in Andalucia Oscar Guerrero to give us his views and he was direct and sincere as you can expect in this team.

“Is not easy to say. I think first, that maybe we are not in the shape that we thought we will be at the start of the season. We are not in a bad shape, far from it, but, in the real hard moments of the races, we are not strong enough .

Sometimes it just a matter of timing and luck. Here in Andalucia, for example, Ben Hermans wasn't 100% healthy, and in the hard moments, he needed to be 100%, because the finishes here were very steep.

I think also, that we need to be more AGGRESSIVE in the races. We Were not able to get to breakaways, and this is something we need to do even if we need to protect our leader.

But it’s only the start of the season and we need stay CALM . because the results will come.

I'm sure the exact same things were being said a year ago. Let's hope we don't have to wait till Azerbaidjan and Tro Bro Leon again for a turn around in fortunes.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6381
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #364 on: February 21, 2018, 07:28 »
    It's February.
    The real season hasn't even started yet.[1]

If they've still underperformed by the start of April, there may be some cause for getting worried - but until now, everything has been nothing more than glorified training races: Nice to get a win in, but not really something anyone will remember in the long run.
     1. yes, I'm a European snob
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts

Re: [2.2] Tour of Antalya by LukasCPH
    [February 22, 2018, 22:24]

Re: 73rd Omloop Het Nieuwsblad by Joelsim
    [February 22, 2018, 21:21]

Re: 73rd Omloop Het Nieuwsblad by DJW
    [February 22, 2018, 21:12]

Re: [2.2] Tour of Antalya by Leadbelly
    [February 22, 2018, 20:49]

Re: Classic de l'Ardèche & Royal Bernard Drôme Classic by Leadbelly
    [February 22, 2018, 20:34]