collapse

Drummer Boy

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3882
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015
Re: The Start-Up Nation of Cycling
« Reply #570 on: July 27, 2020, 22:13 »
Extension for Piccoli.

http://israelcyclingacademy.com/from-rock-bottom-to-two-more-years-in-the-worldtour-piccoli-resigns-with-isn/

From glancing at that URL, I had thought they were announcing that Piccoli had "resigned."  :(

Glad to see that wasn't the case.  :)

I had completely forgotten that he was Canadian, and was imaging him being much older for some reason. It was bit odd, however, that they were speaking about him as if he were still a teenager.

I also couldn't help but notice in that video that his sister, girlfriend and mother all sort of look...the same.  :-x

A nice show of family support, though.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8506
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #571 on: July 30, 2020, 21:30 »
    Aha!

When I read the other day that Ecuador had withdrawn from the race (and others might also have for all I know) I just had a feeling/hope that this might be on the cards.

https://www.facebook.com/IsraelCyclingAcademy/posts/2535180686585474

The WT riders are all too old now, so the team will have to come from the devo squad. That's five from Levi, Lahav, Goldstein, Davidzon, Abu-Fares and Ben Moshe.

They'll get their arses handed to them of course, but it'll be a good experience.

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/82818/tour-de-l-avenir-la-selection-israelienne

Unfortunately for Davidzon, it is him that misses out.

Saned ABU-FARES (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 3
    Yuval BEN MOSHE (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 3
    Edo GOLDSTEIN (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Omer LAHAV (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Eitan LEVI (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Roi WEINBERG (Israel Go Pro), Espoir 2

Lahav did pretty well in Rwanda I thought and is only 51kg according to PCS. He might be their best bet on the climbing days, which is all of them bar one. Ben Moshe is fast-ish, but even a top-ten on the one sprint stage would be a big surprise.

Edo Goldstein is supposedly the most talented of the three brothers. Not much data is available though to make a valued decision on that unless you count being able to hang with Evenepoel on a stage in junior race the other year.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7730
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #572 on: August 01, 2020, 21:57 »
    Unfortunately for Davidzon, it is him that misses out.

Saned ABU-FARES (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 3
    Yuval BEN MOSHE (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 3
    Edo GOLDSTEIN (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Omer LAHAV (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Eitan LEVI (Israel Cycling Academy Continental), Espoir 2
    Roi WEINBERG (Israel Go Pro), Espoir 2
    And unfortunately for the rest of them, l'Avenir got cancelled.  :(
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean