collapse

Claudio Cappuccino

• National Champion
  • Liked: 739
  • Venga! Venga! Venga!
Gent is better though. ;)
Been there too, 1991 or 1992, I think 1991, when Ajax was playing there to the local boys @ Ottenstadion it was called I think, UEFA CUP match.

We had a good laugh there I must admit, the ME was a bit overdone though.

So, I'll stick with Antwerpen ;)

edit: it seems it was 1992, my bad, omg that match was bad, on the same evening it was Feyenoord - Spurs if I recall correctly.

• ReplyReply

• Il Grillo

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 36
    Jojo ? :S

Well, I never said I wanted to go to those places this year. Wars don't last forever. Sadly the reasons why I want to go to Syria might already be destroyed by then by barbarians.

What I want to visit specifically:

Tunisia: ancient Carthaginian and Roman civilisation.
    Iran: Persepolis and the historical Silk route.
    Iraq: Niniveh, Babylon, Uruk, Ur and Eridu.
    Syria: Palmyra
    Jordan: Petra
    Egypt: the great pyramids of Giza.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3791
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Well, I never said I wanted to go to those places this year. Wars don't last forever. Sadly the reasons why I want to go to Syria might already be destroyed by then by barbarians.

What I want to visit specifically:

Tunisia: ancient Carthaginian and Roman civilisation.
    Iran: Persepolis and the historical Silk route.
    Iraq: Niniveh, Babylon, Uruk, Ur and Eridu.
    Syria: Palmyra
    Jordan: Petra
    Egypt: the great pyramids of Giza.
    Ok for a moment I thought you had a death wish :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Reigning Giro Prediction ChampVelorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Not really a bucket list destination, but was lucky enough to spend last weekend in Utrecht (in and around university open days) - reconfirmed my thoughts that it is one of the great largely unheralded European cities.  Great architecture, beautiful canals, great food and nightlife, plenty of cultural diversions, fantastic people and a top 100 uni to boot.

:cool
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3347234/Forget-Amsterdam-visit-picturesque-streets-sleepy-canals-Utrecht-dodge-cyclists-EVERYWHERE.html
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    Sorry but you're going to have to forget about Utrecht or Amsterdam, come to Rotterdam. Way more beautiful, nicer people and no tourists ;).

For my bucket list I've only got two things, for the rest I'll see what life brings me.

2. Japan

1. FAST FOOD ROAD TRIP THROUGH AMERICA!!!!

2: Japan because of how interesting the culture seems, I'm not into anime, nor manga or whatsoever. But it just seems an interesting country and people.

1: America because I am a sucker for fast food, a sucker for unhealthy food and I've always wanted to fire a gun (hello NSA watchlist) for some silly reason. My best buddies and I have been talking and planning this for a while now. Basically we start on the east coast, then go to west towards Texas for BBQ season. Then westwards to Vegas & Colorado and then chill in California before heading home. Go through all the fast food chains - Burger King, 5Guys, Taco Bell, Wendys, every single fast food place we can find where we can eat. Our own mini-SuperSize Me adventure.

:woohoo

• ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Nothing booked or decided yet but it looks like I may be able to scratch one place of my list next summer.................... :)
  • ReplyReply

• 42x16ss

• Domestique
    • Liked: 380
    • Awards: Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3347234/Forget-Amsterdam-visit-picturesque-streets-sleepy-canals-Utrecht-dodge-cyclists-EVERYWHERE.html
    I must say that I loved Utrecht as well, I was lucky enough to have my own tour guide though. Stunning place, you're lucky to live there Flo
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    Right it's been booked. 21 days to Japan. 4 days Tokyo, Matsumoto, Takayama, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kumamoto, Nagasaki :cool
    Unfortunately we had to skip Hokkaido (don't remember who recommended that in this thread), we had a look but it would be too far off the route. It would be perfect for a second trip to Japan though :cool Also, I will only be able to view the first week of the Tour :( , but history has shown my presence at home in front of the TV for the entirety of the race can be considered bad luck for Alberto :D in 2007, 2009 and 2010 I was away for at least the last third week (in 2014 too but I left after Berto had already crashed), in 2011, 2013, 2015 I watched the entire race :D
  • ReplyReply

•