collapse

cj2002

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 3257
  • Honorary President
  • Awards: Best avatar 2012
Re: The Common Cold and Cyclists...
« on: November 30, 2015, 16:40 »
That all changed when my youngest son first went to daycare. OMG, child daycare centers are disease factories! And there is SO much contact with young children you simply can not avoid catching the stuff. When my son was about 2 or 3 we had a solid year while pretty much everybody else in the family had something going at all times. I was glad when we got over that!

I had a housemate when I was at Uni who was an ER doctor[1]. He spent a pretty miserable 6 months battling infections of some sort... it happened to coincide with his rotation into the paediatric emergency department...

I managed not to catch anything from him... I have a pretty good immune system[2].
 1. That was the simplest, most universal description I could come up with
 2. Saying which all but guarantees that I will very soon contract the cold that is currently laying my girlfriend low
  • ReplyReply
  • He shook his head sadly and told me that endemic drug use had compelled him to give up a promising career. "Even one small local race, prize was a salami, and I see doping!" - Tim Moore: Gironimo (Riding the Very Terrible 1914 Tour of Italy)