collapse

Poll

Who will win the 2012 Euros?

ram

Re: Euro 2012 June 8 - July 1
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 03:21 »
So Dzagoev went apesh*t yesterday.

Shows you how much Akinfeev has stalled if he can't make it to the first team when he was supposed to be the gun keeper of the future.
  • ReplyReply

• Balaverde

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 03:45 »
    Hup holland hup  :)
  • ReplyReply

• The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 19
    « Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 06:17 »
    So Dzagoev went apesh*t yesterday.

Shows you how much Akinfeev has stalled if he can't make it to the first team when he was supposed to be the gun keeper of the future.

He's been injured lately and hasn't played at all going into the tournament I think. Normally he does start for Russia.
  • ReplyReply
  • "The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes, A Tract on Monetary Reform

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 16:56 »
    Hup holland hup  :)

Cheers, Bala :tu

I know that you have some Dutch connection, but I'm not sure if I ever knew what it was. Show your face around here sometime, it's much more light-hearted and relaxed than elsewhere. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

ram

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 18:52 »
    flip me, decent result for the Danes.

He's been injured lately and hasn't played at all going into the tournament I think. Normally he does start for Russia.
    That crocked knee from ages ago? Was it so serious? The channel covering the RPL hasbeen zapped in recent times, so not quite aware.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 889
    « Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 18:59 »
    This Euro is worst organized ever. I mean you should be completely idiot to underestimated Russian fans, just saw video of them beating ass out of Polish stewards after Čehi match.
    We just need England fans to involved.
    A Spanish football fan has been murdered in Donetsk. Close to where England and France play on Monday, some tweet, do not know if its true or not.
    Oh Holland oh Holland ;D
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    « Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 21:46 »

Anyway... We were still the better team. Created some 12 good chances, Denmark 2... But thats how it goes. Anyway, neither Germany or Portugal looked unbeatable, so with a bit of luck (which we didn't have today).
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 21:50 »
    I dont know what you think guys but football is dying since S. Africa, I mean what is purpose of euro when we have CL, players are toasted, tactics sucks.
    Boring match, I watched only first half and when seeing Portugal playing like flipping Greece, I mean flip euro football 8)
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 22:14 »
    Netherlands played alright but just couldn't finish it. Van Persie unlucky a few times, but the defence still is a problem. Was very happy to see Willems perform so well though, the 18 year old held himself nicely on the highest level.

Germany was quite weak. Portugal just don't deserve to win. They have the players to play great football, as shown by the last 20 minutes, but simply refuse to. Had they played more agressively from the start they might have overpowered the Germans, who were not strong at all.

But none of the four nations in the 'group of death' were playing well. Netherlands will have to win the remaining two matches though, even a tie against the Germans will make it very hard to go on.
  • ReplyReply

• The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    « Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 22:54 »
    Netherlands played alright but just couldn't finish it. Van Persie unlucky a few times, but the defence still is a problem. Was very happy to see Willems perform so well though, the 18 year old held himself nicely on the highest level.

Germany was quite weak. Portugal just don't deserve to win. They have the players to play great football, as shown by the last 20 minutes, but simply refuse to. Had they played more agressively from the start they might have overpowered the Germans, who were not strong at all.

But none of the four nations in the 'group of death' were playing well. Netherlands will have to win the remaining two matches though, even a tie against the Germans will make it very hard to go on.

Generally agree... The worst thing is is that we didn't even play that badly (finishing aside). Generally defended well, pressed the Danes well, bossed middle-third (apart from fifteen minutes in the first half), created loads, plenty of shots. Van Persie missed two awesome chances, Huntelaar missed one, and we should've had a penalty when Jacobsen handballed with 12 minutes or so to go... If Denmark play like they did today against Portugal and Germany that they wont get many more points (possibly one in a nil-nil draw with Portugal)

But Germany was so uncreative, and Portugal so downright horrid, that I actually think that despite a disaster opening round we still have a better than one-in-two chance of going through. Judging from today's performances I think we've got a perfectly good shot at beating Germany next Wednesday. I'm not a betting man (my mother is a rather stern Christian who always lectured me against sins like gambling, and one's entire upbringing is hard to shake) but I think there might be some attractive odds on the Netherlands tonight.

On the other hand I spent plenty of time today drinking (away my sorrows) so feel perfectly free to disregard my readings of todays games.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 00:34 »
    I'm not a betting man (my mother is a rather stern Christian who always lectured me against sins like gambling, and one's entire upbringing is hard to shake) but I think there might be some attractive odds on the Netherlands tonight.

Didn't you once bet DT that EBH would not do well in Mendrisio worlds  ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    « Reply #41 on: June 10, 2012, 08:24 »
    Didn't you once bet DT that EBH would not do well in Mendrisio worlds  ;)

And how did that work out for me? As we say in the Netherlands, "God punishes instantly"
  • ReplyReply

• Balaverde

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #42 on: June 10, 2012, 16:27 »
    Cheers, Bala :tu

I know that you have some Dutch connection, but I'm not sure if I ever knew what it was. Show your face around here sometime, it's much more light-hearted and relaxed than elsewhere. ;)

As I said - elsewhere - my attempt at encouragement wasn't very helpful. I also have a slightly different analysis of the dutch game, in that I think they were quite bad, in the essence of their game, which is quite worrying. I thought they hardly created any chances, mainly because of their inability to determine the pace of the game; their ball circulation speed was exceptionally slow; their passing was sloppy; the accuracy of passes was bad and player movement and position changes were inadequate. I found the midfield to really play below their potential, they were invisible and failed at feeding the offense, change the pace of the game, change the direction of the game, accelerate or temporize the game. Even worse, the holding midfielders were absent when the Danes, only sporadically, attacked. (Really, the Danes were not playing well at all) They could just walk all the way to the 16m, no one attempted to recover a ball or even make their forward movement difficult, where a shaky defensive line had trouble keeping them from pulling off some shots, or even move deeper into the danger zone. Another problem, there was no leadership or inspiration from anyone, to shake up the game, to turn it around, to motivate themselves and show some fighting spirit. In the 2nd half it looked as if they were 4:1 ahead, instead of 1:0 down. 19 shots on goal, only 3 on target. Very few outplayed chances, or opportunities created due to a passing game (as opposed to individual class). When VdV and Huntelaar came in, their play suffered even more, because the team was totally out of balance. Everyone seemed to be waiting to for an opportunity, instead of setting up a play.

It doesn't bode well for the next games, and I rate Germany and Portugal higher then Denmark. Portugal can really lock up a game, play compact and defensively, and if the Dutch couldn't even rip open a Danish defense, how will they be able to break a Portuguese defense. (Look at Germany sweating to create a chance against Portugal. They probably had one or two in 90m)

I'll try to stick my head in from time to time, but forums are extremely time consuming ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 18:47 »
    Just tired yourself bloody bastards ;D
    You would see The real Artisans :P
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 21:44 »
    Routine victory over one more untalented, rugby, butchers team from north.
    Almost 70 years and we are back on Ostfront ;D

Ugh ;D
    Croatia: 3
    Italy: 1
    Spain: 1
    Ireland rugby team: zero points
    We are champions for sure, Spain watch out we are going to bust your untalented asses :win
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20 »
    Spain to be knocked out in the groups 8)

Toothless sh*te from them. Why the hell was Di Natale not starting?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 12:12 »
    Spain to be knocked out in the groups 8)

Yes, Spain is out. :win
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 12:28 »
    Spain are boring, its like watching a computer game.          :)

I have a soft spot for the Eye Talions so fairly happy with that result, and now England are near to getting into the lions den and getting their collective butts kicked tonight.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 12:40 »
    the Dutch need to beat germany.. somehow I doubt it'll happen :(.
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 12:48 »

i would take a wild guess and say maybe it is because Balotteli and Cassano are better...
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

ram

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59 »
    Di Natale is very good, and would definitely be in far better condition than Cassano. As for Balottelli, why would any pick that dick? It's not a clear cut decision to say that Di Natale is well worse than the other two.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2459
    « Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 13:00 »
    The Italians surprised me with some good football. The Spanish are not as great as 2 years ago, they're missing a goalgetter and their defence is weakened too, but they're still one of the best teams in the world.

Netherlands-Germany should be a very interesting match. We will have to attack, while the Germans will be able to sit back and counter. It will depend on the form of Robben and Affelay, if they can provide some assists and goal attempts it could be much better than against Denmark. If they fail to do so however, it's pretty much lost already. A victory would be great, if it's a tie we'll have to depend on Portugal to beat Denmark, something I'm not at all confident in.

Tonight France-England. I still see France as one of the favourites, perhaps overlooked by many, but they have one of the best teams around imo. I could see them getting very far. Tonight will be the first test for them, against an English team that isn't great any more. Should be an interesting match I think.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 13:19 »
    Aye, hopefully it's the recent France and not the France that scraped past Luxembourg, only Spain can be that boring, it's a team of eleven Michael Carricks.

I say France win tonight by one goal.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 16:55 »
    Any team with John Terry in it is a team I want to see lose.

As for Spain, they're trying to prove that you can play winning football with, in effect, 5-6 midget midfielders. ::)
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 17:24 »
    If they could play a bit faster and a bit more direct, they'd be a treat to watch. Now they're just a sluggish mess. They could even do with the sh*t form Luca Toni of Bayern Munich.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 19:07 »
    Jesus England, do you guys on Island have a goalkeeper talent ID or just hire every idiot you can find on street ;D
    Ukraine is tricky one, would not be surprise if they beat Švedska ::)
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Road Captain
    « Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 19:13 »
    Well, that was (not really very) exciting. A draw seems a fair result. I hate Ribery.
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 21:26 »
    Shevchenko :win!
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 21:33 »
    Jesus England, do you guys on Island have a goalkeeper talent ID or just hire every idiot you can find on street ;D
    Ukraine is tricky one, would not be surprise if they beat Švedska ::)
    Find a better goalkeeper in the big island they call the globe and then we will see....
    Also good call for the Ukraine match..
  • ReplyReply

• Havetts

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 21:34 »
    Both England and France werent really convincing, happy with a 1-1.. ???
  • ReplyReply

•