Who will win the 2012 Euros?

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 891
Re: Euro 2012 June 8 - July 1
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 21:44 »
Ukraine vs Ibro 2:1
I always say that people northern from Trieste doesn t know how to play football 8)
Of course some examples like Ibro denied me, but he is stolen from Balkan anyway :wave
Ugh France would be beaten by Ukraine for sure :fp
And that Ševčenko is just damn good player.
  • ReplyReply
  • Reverend Fred Saves!!

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 21:47 »
    Find a better goalkeeper in the big island they call the globe and then we will see....
    Also good call for the Ukraine match..
    I can not buy that England (and Ireland yesterday), could not find better goalie, just cant believe. Shilton was last good one, of course he also had very fine moments ;D
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2029
    • Awards: 2015 National Championships Prediction Game Champion
    « Reply #62 on: June 11, 2012, 21:59 »
    I can not buy that England (and Ireland yesterday), could not find better goalie, just cant believe. Shilton was last good one, of course he also had very fine moments ;D
    Asides from maybe Casillas and Buffon and only them due to experience, we would not willingly replace anyother goalie in this tournament with Hart..
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 22:05 »
     Russia, Denmark, Croatia and Ukraine  all on top of the groups....

Now who would have guessed that on Friday....
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 22:08 »
    Asides from maybe Casillas and Buffon and only them due to experience, we would not willingly replace anyother goalie in this tournament with Hart..
    Dude that Nasri goal Casillas would catch 9 out of 10 times, it is goalie mistake 105% and you are suffered to many times coz that. 8)
    Just saying, don t say tomorrow that I didn t warn you.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 22:11 »

No one for sure, bookies are earning some big money 8)
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 22:12 »
    Dude that Nasri goal Casillas would catch 9 out of 10 times, it is goalie mistake 105% and you are suffered to many times coz that. 8)
    You evidently dont watch much premier league.....

Yeh of course it was Hart's mistake but it will be his only mistake of the tourney 105% guaranteed. He didnt make one such mistake throughout the whole PL season and I am willing to put this down to international inexperience.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 22:17 »
    You evidently dont watch much premier league.....

Yeh of course it was Hart's mistake but it will be his only mistake of the tourney 105% guaranteed. He didnt make one such mistake throughout the whole PL season and I am willing to put this down to international inexperience.
    Out some money froome, put some money ;D
    I am saying that Hart would cost at least two more times. Bet for one week ban 8)
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #68 on: June 11, 2012, 22:18 »
    Out some money froome, put some money ;D
    I am saying that Hart would cost at least two more times. Bet for one week ban 8)
    I wouldnt want to do that to you.... 8)
    But I am willing to put money on the table... :)
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #69 on: June 11, 2012, 22:25 »
    I wouldnt want to do that to you.... 8)
    But I am willing to put money on the table... :)
    Ok I am having how much, 1600vr$, they are all yours if you would right, of course I would spam other threads to boost my bank account, all my money is yours :wave
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #70 on: June 11, 2012, 22:31 »
    Ok I am having how much, 1600vr$, they are all yours if you would right, of course I would spam other threads to boost my bank account, all my money is yours :wave
    *Gulp*
    My ridiculous sense of patriotism is determined to influence my logic and therefore I will take your bet..
    A bit difficult to define goalkeeping errors sometimes but not my problem as Hart isnt going to make any..
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #71 on: June 11, 2012, 22:39 »
    Indulge me, please.

:daotec

:win      Sheva       :win

How flipping cool was that? Sheva, 35 year old superstar of the Ukraine scores both, two great headers. This could not have happened to a nicer or more deserving player, one of the few gentlemen left in the game!

:pray Sheva
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith

Balaverde

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 1
    « Reply #72 on: June 12, 2012, 00:34 »

When do the Russian, Danish, Croatian and Ukranian domestic leagues start and end their respective seasons?

France today was uninspiring; they seemed to suffer from the 'dutch disease' in that they were completely static, their positioning was lacking or too slow to cause England any problems, the ball circulation was slower than van Hummel backpedaling a mountain, everyone looked at each other for creativity, and their striker (Benzema) looked completely isolated. Ribery was nowhere, Nasri played alright but failed to service Benzema, and he often had to, or felt he had to, pick up the ball on the 30-35m, which meant no one was in front.

England played decent to well, especially with the quality players they have. They exploited their strengths (lock it down defensively) and had some nice counters, which could trouble France. Obviously their set pieces are dangerous and they got a good goal. I think a draw was fair to both teams.

Ukraine and Sweden was a helluva match. Very entertaining, with some, seemingly, classical Ukranian football. High paced, endurance-based,  running/ground game with quick position switches and a sly old fox called Shevchenko. Even though he is 35?36? he knows how to lose a defender in the blink of an eye; the defender doesn't pay attention for a split second and he is gone, and he has a superb nose for the goal. It was a joy to see Zlatan the magician too. How versatile is that guy; he can create his own opportunities, with the flick of his foot he makes any defender look like a chump; he distributes the ball; has defense splitting passing abilities (casually with the outside of his shoe), can hold the ball inside/at the edge of the box to service upcoming midfielder, has a good shot and header, and for his size, a lot of flair.

I would have liked to see Sweden score an equalizer, because somehow I thought it would do justice to Sweden's efforts. But what a match; a pleasure to watch.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 841
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #73 on: June 12, 2012, 02:51 »
    Denmark is only.surprise.and.they are top cos.of.name.

Russia was most probable and Croatia was also very likely with Italy and Spain cancelling eachother  out (even if 1 team won Croatia just had to beat weak team of.group by more). Ukraine was unlikely but possible if England and France would cancel themselves out.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

ram

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2012, 03:26 »
    When do the Russian, Danish, Croatian and Ukranian domestic leagues start and end their respective seasons?
    Russia's now streamlined with the rest of Europe.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #75 on: June 12, 2012, 03:44 »
    Russia are hardly a surprise (except maybe their dominance), clear favourites from that group imo.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #76 on: June 12, 2012, 09:44 »
    Croatian league? Is that thing exist anymore ;D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    « Reply #77 on: June 12, 2012, 09:50 »
    Indulge me, please.

:daotec

:win      Sheva       :win

How flipping cool was that? Sheva, 35 year old superstar of the Ukraine scores both, two great headers. This could not have happened to a nicer or more deserving player, one of the few gentlemen left in the game!

:pray Sheva
    You are in Amster :wave, of course we are placing our money to see if this would happen to England goalie in Euro ;D
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #78 on: June 12, 2012, 11:07 »

France today was uninspiring; they seemed to suffer from the 'dutch disease' in that they were completely static, their positioning was lacking or too slow to cause England any problems, the ball circulation was slower than van Hummel backpedaling a mountain, everyone looked at each other for creativity, and their striker (Benzema) looked completely isolated. Ribery was nowhere, Nasri played alright but failed to service Benzema, and he often had to, or felt he had to, pick up the ball on the 30-35m, which meant no one was in front.

England played decent to well, especially with the quality players they have. They exploited their strengths (lock it down defensively) and had some nice counters, which could trouble France. Obviously their set pieces are dangerous and they got a good goal. I think a draw was fair to both teams.

I dont like to have a got at England but I feel I must have:
    The obvious problem was that we werent all that good defensively, you highlighted France's faults well and if it wasnt for that we would have certainly lost by more than the final scoreline.
    Looking at our attack it was certainly pretty limited as we did not really counter them at all and even when we attempted to we didnt have the necessary skills to take on the France defense. Rooney has these skills and Young to an extent but Welbeck doesnt haev the ability to take on defenders or make a cutting edge pass. Likewise with Milner who has a good array of skills but they do not involve fast counter attacking football. Chamberlain on the other hand has got these attributes yet he didnt properly ever get into the game probably due to inexperience.
    The fact that our attack was lacking the basic necessities for a counter attack meant we had to deliver from the midfield yet Gerrard was forced to sit much too deep to accomodate our defensive tactics which means his full talent wasnt exploited to the extent it should have been.
    Due to this inability to coutner effectively if Hodgson wants to play this way again and he surely will it is undoubted that he needs to include players on the wing who can open up the defence with cutting runs even if their defensive skills arent up to scrach. Namely we need Theo Walcott who i do not like much but he is necessary, likkewise Aaron Lennon and Adam Johnson would have been incredibly helpful in such a formation but Hodgson seems to have deemed players like Jordan Henderson to be more vital to the squad....
    Of course when Rooney comes back this will change but I do not think the formation or tactics will change so I do believe we will need capable wingers to assist Young in feeding Rooney.

In defence meanwhile there was an obvious problem which was the fact that we lay too deep. This was the cause for the goal as Parker or Gerrard should have picked up Nasri.
    On one hand this seems to be a tactic deployed by Hodgson in order to limit the French and specifically Benzema to only shots outside the box as did occur, as Parker would never usually play so deep even for Tottenham.
    Yet it is obviously a stupid system as it allowed the French with such capable players as Nasri and Ribery enough space in front of the box to maneuvre the ball well. If a rematch was played and the French heed Bala Verde's advise then we will surely see a different result one which is not in England's favour. To allow such talent such free reign is inexcusable and it cant be justified by Hodgson.
    I am all for Hodgson playing a defensive formation yet if he wants to he needs to ensure that he is utilising his immensely talented midfield duo properly with Parker sitting deeper than Gerrard which was not the case today. I can see that Hodgson is trying to make Gerrard the hub of the team but the same tactic should be tried as at Tottenham with parker controlling the defensive aspects and linking it through to the more attacking midfielders- Modric to then create something. Gerrard cant be compromised and if he is then we have no chance even with Rooney back.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:29 by froome19 »

froome19

• Classics Winner

ram

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2012, 11:24 »
    You are in Amster :wave, of course we are placing our money to see if this would happen to England goalie in Euro ;D

Watched this live in the middle of the night. Brilliant
  • ReplyReply

• sublimit

• National Champion
    • Liked: 159
    « Reply #81 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32 »
    Joe Hart is a really good keeper to be fair, particularly for Man City but maybe not that convincing yesterday.  He never gets phased if he flips up usually.

I rate ze German Manuel Neuer as possibly the best keeper in the tournament.  Maybe.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40 »
    True that. Neuer is as good as any keeper in the world. Better than Casillas, whose handling of crosses isn't exactly flash.
  • ReplyReply

• Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    « Reply #83 on: June 12, 2012, 12:02 »
    Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Poland-Russia doesn't turn into a rematch of WW2. There is apparently much tension..... :(
  • ReplyReply

• froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #84 on: June 12, 2012, 13:16 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18409916
    Bad, bad news for this competition.. this could lead to some very serious consequences.
    All i can say is that the fans are lucky Balotteli didnt hear as he stated before the tournament that he would kill anyone who racially abuses him, regardless of the consequences..
  • ReplyReply

• taiwan

• Passista-Veloce
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 36
    « Reply #85 on: June 12, 2012, 15:17 »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18409916
    Bad, bad news for this competition.. this could lead to some very serious consequences.
    All i can say is that the fans are lucky Balotteli didnt hear as he stated before the tournament that he would kill anyone who racially abuses him, regardless of the consequences..

Wow a supreme effort is being made to downplay the blatant racism there. I think the people in charge have tolerance, if not a soft spot for racism in football. Institutional racism, like in the police.
  • ReplyReply
  • "The whole world is run on bluff. No race, no nation, no man has any divine right to take
    advantage of others. Why allow the other fellow to bluff you?"

froome19

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 19:04 »
    Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Poland-Russia doesn't turn into a rematch of WW2. There is apparently much tension..... :(
    Turns out you were right, not quite to WW2 extent but the fans are playing up quite a lot..
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18409776
    Lets hope it doesnt get any worse..
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51 »
    It's usually much worse in Russia. Just a pillow fight by their standards :D
  • ReplyReply

• Archieboy

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 282
    • Awards: 2014, 2015, 2017 Official Prediction Game Champ2017 Vuelta Prediction Champ2017 Worlds Prediction Champ
    « Reply #88 on: June 13, 2012, 11:27 »

Another reason for the bitter rivalry between the two countries..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920
  • ReplyReply

• The Poster Formerly Known As Moondance

• Dutch Mafia
    • Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 19
    « Reply #89 on: June 14, 2012, 01:28 »
    Bah... So it all comes down to Netherlands and Portugal again (and hoping that Germany wont soft play against the Danes). International football once again seems to be determined to drive a wedge between my girlfriend and me =/

Anyway, i think Germany will let Klose start, and the teammates should be pretty determined get him a few goals for his record. So with a bit of luck.... (I'm grasping at straws i know, but it's all i got).
  • ReplyReply
  • "The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes, A Tract on Monetary Reform

Recent Posts

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by LukasCPH
    [Today at 14:10]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by jimmythecuckoo
    [Today at 14:08]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by LukasCPH
    [Today at 14:00]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by just some guy
    [Today at 13:13]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by hiero
    [Today at 12:15]

Re: Lappartient by hiero