collapse

Armchair Cyclist

• Classics Winner
  • Liked: 2811
  • Awards: 2019 Spring Classics Prediction Champ2018 Tour de France CQ game winner
Re: 2016-18 Emerging Riders CQ Game
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:16 »
Technically if you take the points Mirsamad Pourseyedi has got in the last three years (1348) he should be in there as looking at CQ he had 169 points before 2013 however he had points taken off him in 2011 that would have put him over the limit so rightly or wrongly I decided to exclude him.
You raise an issue that I have not really considered in terms of eligibility, and which has not arisen in the two previous edition of the game.  In terms of sanctioned riders, I would want to take an inclusive definition of "gaining" or "accumulating" 200 points, that is, including points subsequently wiped.  I believe this is consistent with the understanding of being for riders who are emerging into the upper echelons of the sport.
This makes team checking rather harder: I would ask participants to not deliberately try to sneak such riders through, and to keep an eye out for ineligible riders in teams when they are published, or even more helpfully, drawing attention in advance to riders who might be under consideration but whose tally including deducted points is 200 or more.
  • ReplyReply

•