collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7563
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: 2016-18 Emerging Riders CQ Game
« on: January 11, 2016, 17:38 »
You raise an issue that I have not really considered in terms of eligibility, and which has not arisen in the two previous edition of the game.  In terms of sanctioned riders, I would want to take an inclusive definition of "gaining" or "accumulating" 200 points, that is, including points subsequently wiped.  I believe this is consistent with the understanding of being for riders who are emerging into the upper echelons of the sport.
This makes team checking rather harder: I would ask participants to not deliberately try to sneak such riders through, and to keep an eye out for ineligible riders in teams when they are published, or even more helpfully, drawing attention in advance to riders who might be under consideration but whose tally including deducted points is 200 or more.
Riders who have had points wiped for doping should have a note on their CQ profile, so it's hard to miss.
It would have to be some sort of "Gentleman's Agreement" as checking each and every submitted rider would be painstakingly tedious; but I think I can speak for all of us when I say that nobody involved in cycling would ever knowingly cheat.

Eh ... well. Nobody involved in watching and analysing cycling, maybe. :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean