2 (14.3%)
Vino/other
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 14, 2012, 02:19

AG

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 4090
  • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
Samuel Sanchez - where should he go?
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:18 »
I cant belive Hitch hasnt posted this already   ;D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/samuel-sanchez-entertaining-offers

If he leaves EE, where should he go?   

And what happens to the carrots if he goes?   They will surely not have the points to stay pro tour without Samu
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:04 by just some guy »

The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    Re: Samuel Sanchez - where should he go?
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:36 »
    Samu is getting old, wherever he goes it would only be 1 year maybe, where he would have some value.

I hope he stays at ee. Hes not basque so he needs to that little bit much more to be a ee legend and playing out his whole career with them, should be enough.
  • ReplyReply
  • Despite the self-serving data benders and associated propaganda to the contrary, I am led to believe that there are pockets of organised, highly sophisticated dopers, even within 'new age' cycling teams. Personally, I don't accept that the 'dark era' has ended, it has just morphed into a new guise.

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 04:06 »
    Samu is getting old, wherever he goes it would only be 1 year maybe, where he would have some value.

I hope he stays at ee. Hes not basque so he needs to that little bit much more to be a ee legend and playing out his whole career with them, should be enough.

Hitchey I hope he stays there too.  It seems natural and would be weird to see him elsewhere...
  • ReplyReply

• Martin318is

• Domestique
    • Liked: 163
    • Less interesting than he seems on paper
    « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:56 »
    true but imagine how he would go on GC with a liquigas style train working for him...
  • ReplyReply
  • About Masters Club racing:
    ".. if I can't double the petrol money, I'm headin over the mountains instead" - Michael Fox, Team SAS

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 11396
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:08 »
    true but imagine how he would go on GC with a liquigas style train working for him...

Especially with the saxo - Leaky merger idea

bring in Sammy and there is the GT plus weeks longs plus hilly classics done and dusted

Sagan
    Contador
    Sammy

makes a super team right there.

Keep Cantwell and Roberts  for Sagan give him some Oz grunt an in Little Timmy Duggan as an option be a force over the next few years.

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 359
    « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 08:23 »
    Would love for him to stay but if he has to leave then would make sense to go where Contador is

i know this kind of rules out them competing against each other, but seeing as they seem to try riding as a team during grand tours already.....
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35 »
    Contador has found his new domestique. Well new isn't very accurate, he's helped him on numerous occasions but at least this time it'll be official. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2509
    « Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35 »
    I'd prefer if Sanchez stayed at EE, but if he has to leave I'd prefer Vacansoleil. I think he would be a very good fit there. He'd get decent support (though they might have to buy one more mountain domestique to support him), be free to attack wherever he wants, and riders like TDG could learn a lot from him.

I do hope Sanchez will win a GT before he retires. A Vuelta or Giro would make his palmares that much more complete. Whichever team could help him achieve that, I'd be fine with.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38 »
    I'd prefer if Sanchez stayed at EE, but if he has to leave I'd prefer Vacansoleil. I think he would be a very good fit there. He'd get decent support (though they might have to buy one more mountain domestique to support him), be free to attack wherever he wants, and riders like TDG could learn a lot from him.

I do hope Sanchez will win a GT before he retires. A Vuelta or Giro would make his palmares that much more complete. Whichever team could help him achieve that, I'd be fine with.

Vacansoleil

wow thats left field can not see a non Spanish speaking team without Contador

ie Movistar or EE or Saxo 
  • ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41 »
    I am in agreement with others that i prefer him to stay at EE, but i cant see him winning a Giro, maybe a Vuelta with a lot of luck.
  • ReplyReply
  • "ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6788
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 08:45 »
    A big (gold)fish in a small bowl or a medium-sized fish in a big bowl.  :-\

At EE, he's a leading man. But in almost any other WT team - except perhaps AG2R - he would become a supporting actor who can sometimes upstage the leads.

No GTs but still some smaller stage races, GT stage hunting and perhaps the odd Classic in his legs.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 08:46 »
    Vacansoleil

wow thats left field can not see a non Spanish speaking team without Contador

ie Movistar or EE or Saxo 

Not that left field, I recall that one or two years ago Vacansoleil was already after Sanchez, but he chose to stay at EE. But I'd like the fit, think both could definitely help the other achieve their goals: the attitudes of the team and the rider seem like a good match to me.

But I agree with you that a Spanish team or Contador's team are much more likely. The question was where he should go though, not where he will go to.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28 »
    as he crashes in Dauphine i think the answer is obvious

Rabo
  • ReplyReply

• ram

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 12:33 »
    Just seems that he has renewed his contract then.
  • ReplyReply

• The Hitch

• Winner 2012 Tour de France prediction game
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 842
    • Awards: 2013 Annual Prediction Game2013 CQ Ranking Vuelta Game Post of the Year 2013Race Preview of the Year 2013
    « Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 13:52 »
    Contador has found his new domestique. Well new isn't very accurate, he's helped him on numerous occasions but at least this time it'll be official. ;)

more like sanchez his. in the tour it was contador who did all the work, he even looked to do sanchez if he should attack 1 more time on gap which he had the energy to do but sanchez was too tired so he did not.
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 489
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    « Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 14:41 »
    more like sanchez his. in the tour it was contador who did all the work, he even looked to do sanchez if he should attack 1 more time on gap which he had the energy to do but sanchez was too tired so he did not.

• ReplyReply

• benotti69

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 215
    « Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 16:03 »
    looks like Sanchez is going to hospital today for X-Rays  ???
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    « Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 16:29 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-euskaltel-to-continue-for-another-three-years

Euskaltel to continue with increased budget; hopefully that means they'll be able to keep Sanchez :)
  • ReplyReply

• Dancing on the Pedals

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 108
    « Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 19:00 »
    I hope he does stay, and more money at EE certainly gives them a bit more clout to keep him on board.  If he does leave, it would be logical that he'd go to wherever Contador is (hopefully Saxo).  He'd also take some very useful WT points for Riis if that was the case.  By the same token, as has been discussed before in other threads, EE dropping down to ProConti wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for them - they'd no longer have to ride Roubaix etc. and would certainly still get invites to lots of the Spanish races.
  • ReplyReply
  • 'Sacrifice and hard work is our only secret' - Alberto Contador
    'Vinokourov...a lord of cycling' - Andrea Guardini
    'As world champion you wear the most beautiful jersey ever for a year. The rainbow stripes have something magical. All great champions have worn them' - Mark Cavendish

DinZ

• 2.2 is where it is at
    • Classics Winner
    « Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 23:43 »
    Rant need a new team leader......
  • ReplyReply

•