collapse

Echoes

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1042
The Soundtrack Thread
« on: January 27, 2016, 13:14 »
Hello,

Just wanted to share with you some of the best film scores/sountrack/film music in history because I've been in an Ennio Morricone mood for a few months by now. When I think of it, Ennio is 87 now (on his 88) and he's live in the Sportpaleis of Antwerp next month.  :o

However, the tune that is constantly in my mind now comes from his  *ar pupil Luis Bacalov: Il Grande Duello (Parte Decima). It really got me.

Also a great track of his is Tema per la chitarra from the Damiano Damiani film "El chucho, quien sabe?", the first Italian Zapata film. Spaghetti Western at its finest for me (soundtrack supervised by Morricone).

2015 will always be the year I discovered Bacalov's greatness.  :cool

Some lesser known tracks by Ennio Morricone includes Una Cascata Tutta D'Oro, from Jose Giovanni's film "Le ruffian" (starring Lino Ventura):

Then also from a Giovanni film starring Lino Ventura. The Main Theme of "Le rapace" ("Cuando Llega el dia") by François de Roubaix, featuring Los Incas:

May I ask you to share some really film music, meant to be written for a film and not some pop songs that have been recuperated for a film such as Roy Orbison's Pretty Woman, for instance.  ;)

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 20:28 by Echoes »
    "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10435
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Re: The Soundtrack Thread
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 13:37 »
    Craig Armstrong wrote the score to Plunkett and Macleane

Really liked the soundtrack

Film was a bit meh  :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Havetts

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1056
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016Doper Shoot Out 2013
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 14:22 »
    Kelly's Heroes still has my favorite soundtrack. Good ol' Clint Eastwood movies are still the best.

• ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 290
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 16:40 »
    Furthering the Eastwood thing, Lalo Schifrin is the man.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts