collapse

Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 269
  • Awards: best new member of 2016
Manx Grand Prix
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:58 »
The Isle of Man will be hosting its first Pro Race since the demise of Race Week in the early 2000's. There are both women's and men's races with amateur support races planned as well. I think there might be a Sportive too.

If you are interested in knowing more about the race, visiting the island to take part or whatever then you can follow the race organiser's twitter feed at @ManxCyclingGP or post a query here and I'll try and answer it.

The guy below most likely won't be on the start line but some of Britain's other best riders hopefully will be!

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:42 by Yellow Peril »
    Giving my view on life, cycling and the desire to do a sub 26min 10mTT on the Isle of Man @JaunePeril

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7398
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: Manx Grand Prix
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 17:26 »
    Great - a cycling race on the Isle!
    Lots of history there; this has the makings of a classic.

Will the race have international participation? I know it's called "Manx International", but ... you know, it would be nice to have more than a couple of Irishmen there.

Long-term, I hope they get back on the UCI calendar. Make it a double-header with a TT on Saturday and a RR on Sunday, for both men and women.
    :)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 18:53 »
    Great - a cycling race on the Isle!
    Lots of history there; this has the makings of a classic.

Will the race have international participation? I know it's called "Manx International", but ... you know, it would be nice to have more than a couple of Irishmen there.

Long-term, I hope they get back on the UCI calendar. Make it a double-header with a TT on Saturday and a RR on Sunday, for both men and women.
    :)

It's early days Lukas, yes we'd like the race to grow and an international participation would be greatly appreciated. The course is the classic Mountain course  which has been used for the British National champs in years gone by and of course for the motorcycle TT. the Island just failed to get the british National champs for next year and I think that may remain a short term goal.

If you or anyone wants to come and stay at Chez Peril to enjoy the race let me know. I think it may clash with P-R which is a bit of a fly in the ointment!

• ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 23:23 »
    Less than a week to go until this race takes place. Shame about the clash with Paris- Roubaix. There is a healthy start list with most of the British domestic pro teams represented.

Also racing is Mr Ben Swift of team sky who must start as the favourite to take honours.
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 14:16 »
    Well colour me surprised! it appears that Little Pete Kennaugh will in fact be turning out to make up a Sky team of 2! I'd have to make him favourite if he can get away on the mountain climb as he'll know the descent like the back of his hand and I doubt anyone will catch him
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by t-72
    [Today at 12:44]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 01:34]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Drummer Boy
    [August 17, 2019, 19:23]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by Drummer Boy
    [August 17, 2019, 19:07]

Re: Arctic Race of Norway by Leadbelly