collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10812
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
A tale of 2 world champions and 3 Omloops
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:01 »
The 1st weekend of spring racing has passed the fans have smiles The racing was solid, we were focused on Belgium, with an eye on the one day races ahead, the classics. It is a great time to be a cycling fan, you may have as I did even got a ride in 0c but the sun was out and most of the ice was gone. All in all a good weekend except

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Saturday 27th, The race had come together, riders were looking at each other uncertain, the profiles, the Helligen, kassien had taken their toll, the world champion took on the race with 20 km to go, with an up of the pace, with only 1 rider from Greenedge able to follow, the rubber band was stretched and then broken, a gap formed. But The world champion had a passenger The greenedge rider, but a slight rise was enough, and the world champion attacked and took a solo win and great win in the stripes

image via velofocus

In the other race the World Champion finished 2nd

The issue is that both world champions showed their stripes, The racing was enjoyable yet only 1 was on TV One was followed via twitter, One lot of sponsors got shown and presented to the world One sex was shown and got presented to the world, what was the greatest performance impossible to say because were not given to opportunity to watch and decide, So then you look to the press for information, the amount of text on the womens verse the mans racing is staggering, I would put my napkin maths and say the women got only 15% of the mens.

Many will say or think we should be happy that much is produced, I think we should be disgusted, 50 % or more of the population is bascially fighting for a place in the sport, it is not good enough, so many of the so called traditions in cycling are sexist, and in 2016 it is not good enough. The UCI is taking too long to reform the sport, and too many helping to drive the change are also protecting their self interests.

Tv costs money, there is not the interest, the womens side of cycling is not as developed as the mens are the arguments currently used

All complete rubbish invented by people who are sexist or protecting their own interests

Evie Stevens broke the womens Hour record on Friday, of all the recent hour records her´s the one with the highest peak viewers

On Sunday The Lotto cycling cup Started with Spar Omloop van Het Hageland 2016 a 1.1 level race

The race teamed up with Motomediateam and had a free stream, I have no idea the costs involved but will post these 2 tweets

https://twitter.com/Laura_Weislo/status/703944257963487232

https://twitter.com/Babelia1/status/703983996762505216

It is time that womens cycling stop being the tree in the empty Forrest
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10812
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012