collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1511
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Oh my I'm off to Paris-Roubaix
« on: April 06, 2016, 15:04 »
The day is nearly upon me. Instead of watching a Sunday in Hell on the screen, I shall actually be a bit player on the ground.

Travel, hotel, and wet weather gear are all sorted. Various options of where to watch the hallowed race pass have been investigated and pondered over, but I do have a last minute question.... always going to happen with my laissez-faire attitude.

We're staying in Lille and will not be driving or biking, so it's walking and public transport. I've sorted out ways to get to Arenberg and other places, but I'm stumped over how to get Carrefour L'Arbre. It's not that far and it should be possible to see them pass and get back to the Veldrome maybe. Does anyone know the nearest train/metro to this sector? Other option is we cadge a lift with some friendly fans ;p

Thanking you lovely people

M
  • ReplyReply

• Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 257
    • Awards: best new member of 2016
    Re: Oh my I'm off to Paris-Roubaix
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 18:12 »
    I'm so jealous  :(, have a great time!
  • ReplyReply
  • Giving my view on life, cycling and the desire to do a sub 26min 10mTT on the Isle of Man @JaunePeril

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 18:37 »
    We're staying in Lille and will not be driving or biking, so it's walking and public transport. I've sorted out ways to get to Arenberg and other places, but I'm stumped over how to get Carrefour L'Arbre. It's not that far and it should be possible to see them pass and get back to the Veldrome maybe. Does anyone know the nearest train/metro to this sector? Other option is we cadge a lift with some friendly fans ;p
    I've done some research.
    The train station closest to Carrefour de l'Arbre appears to be Bouvines, a 4-km walk from the Restaurant de l'Arbre. And then you'd have to be lucky to catch a train in the right direction - and get to the velodrome - and find a spot. And all that while the best cyclists of the world have to ride only 17 km ... just not possible.

My advice (although I've never been to this race myself) would be to go to the Trouée d'Arenberg, catch the race there, and then either team up with the friendly fans you've acquainted yourself with and hitch a ride with them, or take a train from Wallers to Roubaix, camp down in the Velodrome and wait for the race to arrive.

Don't attempt to catch the peloton at too many places only to be disappointed.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 00:20 »
    no advice - but super jealous.   

Hope you have an awesome day
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1511
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 20:09 »
    Thank you all...

Arenberg it is

M

:D :D :D
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:06 »
    Hope you made it to the Velodrome for that

what an awesome race you got to see   :D
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Re: Retirement announcements by search
    [November 16, 2017, 08:13]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2017, 20:35]