collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2017, 13:32 »
The Tour of Morocco got off to a difficult start for us. There were visa problems and we had to wait a long time at the airport when we arrived. We arrived at the hotel very late after a long day of travel, and one of our riders and the mechanic had to wait even longer at the airport.

The next day was already the first stage, and we started with only five riders. We were all thinking how to do our best in the race and forget about the previous day’s problems. We rode this stage like a real team and supported each other in difficult moments . Near the end I joined a break group, so it was up to me to make it and I did.  3 km from the finish I attacked and won solo. A great day!

On the fourth stage I was lucky again. Josip Rumac and I were in the break group. I was able to help him get the mountain points, which were enough for him to win the final KOM jersey. And I won this stage, too!

Stage 6 was also successful for us -- Elchin won this stage in the break group . We were all happy and especially for him because this was his first win and he worked hard for it!

Everybody did a fantastic job during the race and it was perfect preparation for Azerbaijan. Now ow we need to bring this spirit further and try to repeat our success.

After Morocco I went home for a few days home to see my family and now I'm at altitude, working towards our goals in the Tour d’Azerbaidjan.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Topics

topic Roadbooks
    [Road Races]
    zlaurent
    October 21, 2021, 17:32
    topic Mens' Transfers and Rumours 2021-22
    [Men's Road Cycling ]
    search
    October 21, 2021, 08:00
    topic The Weather