collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 10:06 »
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/trek-segafredo-announces-tour-of-california-roster-news-shorts/

Pozdnyakov wins for Azerbaijan

Kirill Pozdnyakov won the overall title at the Tour d’Azerbaidjan – the first time an Azeri has won the race, and the first time the home team, Synergy Baku Cycling Project, has claimed that title.

Pozdnyakov took on Azeri citizenship this year, with an eye towards representing the land in international events. He won stage two of the Tour in a solo effort to take the race lead, and held on to the lead until the end.

“This win was very special for me, it's my home race and my family came to support me,” he told Cyclingnews. “This made unforgettable emotions for me when I crossed the line in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

“It was very important to win the Tour d’Azerbaidjan for our team and being an Azeri rider is a great honour. Sooner or later an Azeri rider would win this race and I'm lucky I'm the first one. I started my career with this team and since I joined this project I have only had positive emotions and been supported all the time.

“Azerbaijan gave me the opportunity to represent them in the World Championships and maybe the Olympic Games in the future. I will do all I can to confirm their belief in me."

Pozdnyakov started his pro career with Synergy Baku in 2013, and rode for RusVelo for two years before returning to the Azeri team in 2015. This season he also won two stages at the Tour of Morocco, finishing third overall.

• ReplyReply

•