collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 76
Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2018, 19:50 »
I finished 11th on stage 2 of the Tour of Morocco today, and am now 15th in GC, only 31 seconds down. It was hard today, the guys did all the best to get me in position before the climb and I managed to get into the day’s break group. I’m happy we survived this day as the weather was very bad at the start. I tried to attack few times but I was marked by many riders. I am looking forward to stage 4 where the GC will be decided . I feel good and we will go for it!

(Note: 17 riders finished within 21 seconds on the stage, the rest of the peloton was over 21 minutes back)
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #121 on: April 09, 2018, 20:21 »
    It was a good stage today, as I finished third and moved up to third on GC. We had a plan and it almost went as we wanted. Having Samir win the mountain jersey was a real bonus. The guys protect me all day and after the last cat 1 climb I got away with we stay with eight others. I tried many times to attack in the last 20 km but was always marked by many guys in the group. Oleksandr  Polivoda also did a good race, he kept the pace high on the climb and this helped me to get in the break group. We will keep going on, our main goal is to win GC and now we are a few steps closer.
  • ReplyReply

• Caruut

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 481
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #122 on: April 20, 2018, 00:15 »
    Congrats on the win and the jersey today Kirill
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #123 on: April 20, 2018, 18:36 »
    Thank you!

As you know I won stage 1 of the Tour of Mersin. It was a nice victory. Our team spirit is great and the guys did all the work perfectly. We had this planned before the stage and we pulled it off -- our young guys did a perfect job. Now we will recover and fight until the end to hold on to the leader’s jersey.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #124 on: April 20, 2018, 18:38 »
    Today was the second stage, and there was a misunderstanding as to the time at the end. At first the yellow jersey was awarded to someone else, but we protested and --- I have the jersey (and the race lead) again!

Today was quite a calm day. The break got away on the first climb and we took control of the race. The guys did a great effort today and the jersey stays in our team.. Only in the last 2 km we had some stress. The peloton split in 2 groups in the corner and one group was in the middle of traffic, luckily no one crashed. Tomorrow we have the hardest stage of the race. We are going to fight for the jersey and I have confidence in my team that we can do it.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #125 on: May 06, 2018, 18:10 »
    Kirill Pozdnyakov wins final stage and takes second overall in Five Rings of Moscow

(May 6, 2018) Kirill Pozdnyakov won the final stage of the Five Rings of Moscow and finished the race in second place overall. It is the Azeri rider’s second win of the season for the Synergy Baku Cycling Project. Kirill set up his good placing by finishing third on stage one.

Samir Jabrayilov was in the four-man break of the day, and he controlled the break so that Kirill could catch them. Kirill then attacked on the final climb, with the others following. As it got steeper he simply increased his power, leaving the others behind. He took a 50 metre gap into the final kilometre and emptied himself to take the win by one second. With his stage win, Kirill also won the points jersey of the race.

“We gave it all today and it worked out. I am very happy with our team performance,” Kirill said.

“The last stage in Moscow was a great success for our team. We had an ideal tactical plan, and the whole team executed it perfectly,” commented sports director Eldar Dzhabrailov. “Samir and three others left in a break from the start. He was waiting for Kirill to come to him ... and it happened. Kirill rode a brilliant race. The last three kilometres of this circuit are all visible to the fans, and everyone saw Kirill's attack at the end and heard the cheers by our staff. Only the real champions win like this.”

• ReplyReply

•