collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 59
Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2017, 10:22 »
Today is my final full day of altitude training in Tenerife. I am resting and so are my bikes! I am taking this time to think of my wonderful girlfriend Emma, whose love and support get me through all the hard times. And also looking forward to an interesting year!

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 08:32 »
    After a successful Coppi e Bartali, where I worked my way up to the final top ten, I am now ready to take on the GP Adria Mobil on Sunday. And I was very happy to read these nice words from our DS Eldar Jabrayilov:

“After Coppi e Bartali, I can say that we are a step closer to victories as a team,” said sport director Eldar Jabrayilov. “In that race, everyone tried to help the team, and it has brought its results: the team performed well among such strong teams, and Kirill of course proved to be a worthy captain of the team, showing the young riders that to achieve results you need to work together.  Everyone was trying to help with something, some more and some less - but it was a team effort, so we are moving in the right direction. 

“At our next races, the GP Adria Mobil and Tour of Morocco, we will continue to try different tactics to allow our young riders to show results.”
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3900
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 09:39 »
    Nicely done Kirill :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 14:02 »

Been a while since I wrote anything – it has been a very busy time for me but I never forget you guys.

This winter I started building up towards Coppi  e Bartali. I love this race and the level is always very high, so this year I decided to do some good preparation for this race and improve myself for the longer mountains with  my Belgian coach. In December I spent my first training camp in altitude on Tenerife, just more endurance and some power exercise. I changed it a bit as I focused on not getting in shape too fast and not gaining too much weight during the winter. The result was incredible, if you work at it, the results come fast. 

In January we had a team camp with the Baku guys in Turkey. It was my first time there and I have to admit I really enjoyed staying there. For this time of the year you have all you need, good weather, mountains …short, steep, long, flat roads. For sure I would like to come back to this place one day again! For us it was the first camp and we had many trainings together as most of the guys knew each other already from last year. There were only few days when everyone had to do special work outs and we split on small groups ,but for the rest we enjoyed quality group rides.

After this camp they guys went to the Istrian Spring Trophy but i went straight to Tenerife to pick up my climbing legs for Coppi e Bartali and it really worked well. I had a super feeling all through the race and was able to fight for the win. It didn’t work out  this time  but if you keep going one day it will be there! I keep up my good spirits and look forward to our new races!

Big thanks to my team who supported me during our week in Italy. The guys did great job and big thx for this!

See you at the next race!

Grtz, Kirill
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 13:54 »
     Krill Pozdnyakov will lead the Synergy Baku Cycling Project in the Tour of Morocco, a ten-stage race to be held April 7-16.

The new Azeri citizen will be supported by Elchin Asadov, Samir Jabrayilov, Josip Rumac, Elgun Alizada and Ismail Iliasov.

“We are waiting for 10 unforgettable stages in Morocco,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov. “In 10 stages you can see all your weaknesses and strengths. It's more difficult to do than one-day races, because this one day may not be yours: bad health, puncture, crashes.... At a multi-day event like Morocco, you can try and try from day to day, and something will come out.

Pozdnyakov has put in a consistent early season, finishing seventh on two stages of Coppi e Bartali and taking ninth overall, last weekend finishing sixth in the GP Adria Mobil. “I look for a good race. It will be great to ride in a new country and to prepare for the Tour d’Azerbaidjan.”

“Kirill was very good in the GP Adria Mobil. I have not seen him before in action like this, in al breakaways. There were Colombians, whose task was to make the race as difficult as possible, to get rid of all the sprinters and to avoid a race with a sprint finish, but even they could not cope with Kirill's attacks. When the road starts to go up Kirill sets the rhythm,” Dzhabrailov said.

“For our young drivers this is a good example and an incentive to develop and move upwards.”

Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Tour of Morocco: Elgun Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Ismail Iliasov, Samir Jabrayilov, Kirill Pozdnyakov and Josip Rumac

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #65 on: April 07, 2017, 20:59 »
    Pozdnyakov wins Stage 1 in Morocco

(April 7, 2017) Kirill Pozdnyakov won the first stage of the Tour of Morocco and has taken the leader’s jersey. It is the first season victory for the Synergy Baku Cycling Project.

Today’s stage covered 148.7 km from Benslimane to Kenitra.

“The guys were always at the front today. With 40 km to go, there was a breakaway and the guys did a great job to get Kirill into the group. Then it was up to Kirill to do his best, and he did it. With 4 km left, he attacked and went on to win solo,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov.

“It was a good race for us, great work by all the guys. After a difficult travel day yesterday, they were rewarded and are all satisfied with the results.”

“It went better than I expected. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat, but it didn’t affect my form today. It is great to have my first win!” said Pozdnyakov.

“Thanks to all the team, together we rode perfect race today.”

Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Tour of Morocco: Elgun Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Ismail Iliasov, Samir Jabrayilov, Kirill Pozdnyakov and Josip Rumac
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #66 on: April 08, 2017, 13:22 »
    Going into stage 2, Tour du Maroc

• ReplyReply

• Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 51
    « Reply #67 on: April 10, 2017, 18:05 »
    The Tour of Morocco has been a real roller coaster ride for Kirill. He won the first stage and so took the leader's jersey. He held on to it on the second stage. On stage 3 he was held up by a crash, promping the rival teams up ahead to attack, and he lost a lot of time.

But we know our doughty Russian-turned-Azeri would not be daunted by that! Today, stage 4, was the Queen Stage, and Kirill and teammate Josip Rumac were in a four-man break group with a very large gap -- and Kirill went on to win the stage. No word yet on GC.... and Josip may have won the KOM.

A frustratingly long wait for the official results!
  • ReplyReply
  • tick-ink.biz/eng

Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #68 on: April 10, 2017, 18:41 »
    Kirill not only won the stage but takes back the lead in the points ranking, too. We think he is now third on GC. Josip is confimed as KOM!

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #69 on: April 11, 2017, 07:10 »
     Kirill Pozdnyakov made a strong comeback to storm to the victory in stage four of the Tour of Morocco. In a great day for the Synergy Baku Cycling Project, he also won back the points jersey and Josip Rumac took the King of the Mountains jersey. In addition, Pozdnyakov climbed back up to third in the GC rankings.

Pozdnyakov had won the first stage but lost the leader’s jersey Sunday. He was held up behind a crash and rival teams up front took advantage of that to attack. Pozdnyakov lost a lot of time and fell to 15th overall.

Not one to be discouraged, the Azeri rider fought his way back to the top on today’s Queen stage, 191 km from Oued Laou to El Hoceima. Pozdnyakov and Rumac made their way into the break group of the day, building up a big gap over the field. Along the way, Pozdnyakov made sure that his younger teammate got most of the KOM points on tap, ensuring the young Croat the polka-dot jersey at the end of the day.

With about four or five km left, Pozdnyakov attacked on a small climb and soloed in to the finish line.

“It was a really, really great stage, maybe the best day of my life,” said an overjoyed DS Eldar Dzhabrailov. “Kirill’s attack – I never saw an attack like that ever before!”

“It was a good day for the team and for me! Rumac has the mountain jersey and I won so it went better than yesterday :) I am now looking forward for stages and to make the best of it with all the team,” Pozdnyakov said.

“I'm so happy,we are all very proud of our work today,” Rumac said. “It was very tough day but Kirill and I gave our best.”
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9474
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #70 on: April 11, 2017, 07:52 »
    congratulations, a good way to fight back after an unfortunate time loss the day before :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #71 on: April 11, 2017, 19:48 »
    Stage 5 was very "relaxed", Kirill said. He is still third in GC and has the points jersey. Three of them are tied with 30 points, but he has the jersey. And Josip Rumac is still KOM.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #72 on: April 13, 2017, 19:39 »
    Stage 7 was another easy day in the bunch. The breakaway went and my teammate Elchin was in it. He rode a great race to take his first win and we are all very happy for this!
  • ReplyReply

• Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 181
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #73 on: April 16, 2017, 21:01 »
    A place on the final podium, the best climber in the 10-day race and three stage wins – the Synergy Baku Cycling Project can be more than satisfied with its performance in the 2017 Tour of Morocco.

Kirill Pozdnyakov started the race off in top form, winning the first stage to take both the leader’s jersey and the points jersey. He wore the leader’s yellow jersey only briefly, but had the green points jersey on several different times during the race. Kirill won again on the fourth stage, with a solo closing effort on the Queen Stage.

That was enough to move Kirill back onto the overall podium, putting him into third place, where he stayed until the end.

That same mountainous stage saw Josip Rumac take virtually all of the available climbing points, giving him an unbeatable lead in the King of the Mountains ranking. He was also 11th in the final overall standings.

One particular highlight of the Tour was Elchin Asadov’s win on stage 7. The Azeri veteran took his first ever international win out of an escape group. He outsprinted his break companion for the victory, only seconds ahead of the onrushing peloton. Elchin finished the race as 11th in GC.

Samir Jabrayilov put in an untold amount of important and much appreciated support work, and rounded out the team’s fine performance with a 25th place in GC.

On Sunday’s stage 10, all of the riders finished in the same time as the winner of the bunch sprint.

“Today was a nervous stage but the guys did a perfect job to protect me. Thanks a lot to my teammates and people who support us! Now we switch our focus to the Tour d’Azerbaidjan and we will do our best there,” Kirill said.

“This was our first time in Morocco, and we'll remember this race forever, starting with visa adventures in the airport,  the conquest of the yellow and green jersey on the first day, fighting to hold them but sadly losing them, the delightful fight of our guys on the crucial fourth stage for the general classification, the first international victory of his career for Elchin Asadov, losing my voice due to the victorious cries :) -- that's what was needed for the team to raise morale, each of the guys had a chance for themselves and all were willing to  help each other,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov.

“For us it was a good preparation for our next race , the Tour d’Azerbaidjan, where we will try to consolidate what we did in Morocco.”

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #74 on: April 22, 2017, 10:44 »
    I was shocked and saddened to hear the dreadful news about Michele Scarponi. I send my condolences to his family and team, and wish them much strength in this very difficult time.
  • ReplyReply

• Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #75 on: April 24, 2017, 12:29 »
    Vansummeren as advisor to  Synergy Baku

(April 25, 2017) Paris-Roubaix winner Johan Vansummeren will join the Synergy Baku Cycling Project as an advisor. He will attend the upcoming Tour d’Azerbaidjan to help the Azeri team and riders.

Vansummeren, 36, retired in June 2016 for medical reasons. In his 13 year career he rode for four teams, and 15 Grand Tours. His biggest career win was Paris-Roubaix in 2011, and he also won the Tour of Poland in 2007.

“I’m very thankful for the opportunity the Azerbaijan Cycling Federation is giving me,” he said. “Together with the Federation I’m hoping to bring my knowledge to the Azeri riders to help and support them to reach their highest dreams.

“Personally I’m very happy with the chance they give me to start my second career in cycling and hopefully together we can achieve great things.

“Out of the first conversations I had with Farhad Aliyev (General Secretary of the Federation) and the Federation I feel they are willing to grow and put Azerbaijan and their riders on the map of international cycling.”

The Belgian is eager to start work with the team. “I’m honored to be a guest during their national tour and the national championships. I hope to speak as soon as possible with the riders and the staff to make a plan of ‘attack’

and help them with all their questions. Hopefully it`s the start of an ongoing partnership where we can work very well together.”

“I met with Johan in Brussels during the UEC Meeting and discussed his future view after he finished his career,” Aliyev said. “I was impressed by his enthusiasm to continue working in cycling, and invited him to Tour d'Azerbaidjan as an advisor to our riders. We hope this step will help our riders as well, in achieving results now and at races in the future.”

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #76 on: April 24, 2017, 13:32 »
    The Tour of Morocco got off to a difficult start for us. There were visa problems and we had to wait a long time at the airport when we arrived. We arrived at the hotel very late after a long day of travel, and one of our riders and the mechanic had to wait even longer at the airport.

The next day was already the first stage, and we started with only five riders. We were all thinking how to do our best in the race and forget about the previous day’s problems. We rode this stage like a real team and supported each other in difficult moments . Near the end I joined a break group, so it was up to me to make it and I did.  3 km from the finish I attacked and won solo. A great day!

On the fourth stage I was lucky again. Josip Rumac and I were in the break group. I was able to help him get the mountain points, which were enough for him to win the final KOM jersey. And I won this stage, too!

Stage 6 was also successful for us -- Elchin won this stage in the break group . We were all happy and especially for him because this was his first win and he worked hard for it!

Everybody did a fantastic job during the race and it was perfect preparation for Azerbaijan. Now ow we need to bring this spirit further and try to repeat our success.

After Morocco I went home for a few days home to see my family and now I'm at altitude, working towards our goals in the Tour d’Azerbaidjan.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #77 on: April 26, 2017, 10:39 »
    Putting in some more altitude training on Tenerife on my way to the Tour d'Azrbaidjan!

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #78 on: April 28, 2017, 19:33 »
    Where did the sun go?????  :o :o

• ReplyReply

• Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21 »
    Synergy Baku Cycling Project ready to take on the Tour d’Azerbaidjan

(May 1, 2017) The Synergy Baku Cycling Project is eager to take on its homeland race, the Tour d'Azerbaidjan (May 3-7). The team will be led by captain Kirill Pozdnyakov and for the first time, will consist almost entirely of Azeri riders.

Kirill most recently won two stages and finished third overall at the Tour of Morocco. He will be supported by the team’s other two heroes from that race: Elchin Asadov, who won a stage there for his first professional win, and Josip Rumac, who won the King of the Mountains jersey.

“We go to the Tour with high goals, which we will try to achieve,” Kirill said. “We know that to win you also need luck and there are many other factors, but we are here  to fight for the victory!”

Three young Azeri riders round out the squad. Samir Jabrayilov will ride his third Tour, while Elgun Alizada and Enver Asanov are making their debuts in the race.

It is Kirill’s second appearance in the race, and Josip’s first. Elchin is the veteran in the race, having ridden it every year since it was first held in 2013.

The team will look to repeat or improve on its success in the 2016 Tour d’Azerbaidjan. Last year they won two stages and the overall team ranking.

The team will also be joined by ex-pro Johan Vansummeren, who is acting as an advisor.

“First of all, I would like to thank the organizers and all those who work so hard to organize such a high-end race. I am very proud of that a competition of this scale is  carried out in our country  and I am very glad that the world can watch a broadcast of  race, to see the beauty of Azerbaijan and its contribution to world cycling,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov.

“For the first time I stand in the role of sport director for the home team at the Tour d'Azerbaidjan and of course I feel a great responsibility for the performance of my team.

“I don't know why, but the race in Azerbaijan is to me like home cooking. Everyone likes to dine in expensive restaurants, but homemade food prepared by their hands tastes best. It is cooked with love  and no one will criticize or compare it with something fancier. Others can make suggestions as to the right way to prepare it, but  you will till prepare it as you feel and how it tastes. 

“At this race in Azerbaijan we will act as a cooks: all our athletes know their work, they know their strengths and weaknesses, each carries out different roles in the races. They are all ready for the variety of situations that may occur in the race, and the most important thing is that they are ready to help each other, not only as a team, but also as a family.

“I know that for our guys this is a very important race, and they are under a lot of pressure to achieve good results.  I know that they have done a great job with the start of the season and that they will continue to do so, because the love their work so much.”

Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Tour d’Azerbaidjan: Elgun Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Enver Asanov, Samir Jabrayilov, Kirill Pozdnyakov and Josip Rumac

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #80 on: May 03, 2017, 13:29 »
    Stage 1, Tour d'Azerbaidjan:

It was a  good day today. Elchin was in the breakaway and all the guys took control on the stage to get safely over the line. We look forward to the coming days when the roads start to go up.

More photos here: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1837284816594372&id=1664494583873397
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #81 on: May 04, 2017, 13:47 »
    This says it all!

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #82 on: May 04, 2017, 16:20 »
    I won the stage and took the race lead!

We had a great day today with all the team. It was a nervous stage but we made it and it's great to win in the home race for our sponsors and people who support us from Azerbaijan! A perfect day for me and now three tricky stages are coming up, where we would need to ride smart. But I have confidence in my teammates so we are just going to do our best to bring this jersey home.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 18:31 by Kirill P »

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #83 on: May 05, 2017, 12:41 »
    14th on the stage today in the same time as the winner, my former teammate Matej Mugerli. And of course I still lead the GC!
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 852
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
    « Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 13:41 »
    Молодец Kirill!
  • ReplyReply

• Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #85 on: May 07, 2017, 11:48 »
    Kirill has won the overall title in the Tour d'Azerbaidjan! The first Azeri to win this race!
  • ReplyReply

• Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #86 on: May 07, 2017, 12:36 »
    Are we happy?  :D

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #87 on: May 07, 2017, 16:59 »
    This is a dream come true to win the home race! I did a lot of work for this and looked forward to the win, but it’s not always dependent on your physical condition, but also on the support of your team and luck.

We had all of these at this race and the team did fantastic work. This is how the victory came! Thanks a lot to everyone for the support.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #88 on: May 08, 2017, 16:38 »
    My next races are already coming up -- the Azeri national championships, May 11-12.

And then the Tour of Slovakia and the Tour of Slovenia, both in June.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #89 on: May 09, 2017, 10:06 »
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/trek-segafredo-announces-tour-of-california-roster-news-shorts/

Pozdnyakov wins for Azerbaijan

Kirill Pozdnyakov won the overall title at the Tour d’Azerbaidjan – the first time an Azeri has won the race, and the first time the home team, Synergy Baku Cycling Project, has claimed that title.

Pozdnyakov took on Azeri citizenship this year, with an eye towards representing the land in international events. He won stage two of the Tour in a solo effort to take the race lead, and held on to the lead until the end.

“This win was very special for me, it's my home race and my family came to support me,” he told Cyclingnews. “This made unforgettable emotions for me when I crossed the line in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

“It was very important to win the Tour d’Azerbaidjan for our team and being an Azeri rider is a great honour. Sooner or later an Azeri rider would win this race and I'm lucky I'm the first one. I started my career with this team and since I joined this project I have only had positive emotions and been supported all the time.

“Azerbaijan gave me the opportunity to represent them in the World Championships and maybe the Olympic Games in the future. I will do all I can to confirm their belief in me."

Pozdnyakov started his pro career with Synergy Baku in 2013, and rode for RusVelo for two years before returning to the Azeri team in 2015. This season he also won two stages at the Tour of Morocco, finishing third overall.

• ReplyReply

•