collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 69
Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2017, 12:19 »
My next victory -- I am now the natonal road champion in Azerbaijan! Here I am with my Baku teammate Elchin Asadov (the ITT champ) and our DS, Eldar Dzhabrailov

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #91 on: May 14, 2017, 11:27 »
    My next race will be the Tour of Ukraine next week, where I will look to help the young guys get some results. After that it is time to go home for a rest!

Next my attention will turn to the Tour of Slovenia (June 7-11). It is a very interesting race, with four ProTour teams. So it would be great to get some results there, and I am as always highly motivated.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6374
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #92 on: May 14, 2017, 19:54 »
    Next my attention will turn to the Tour of Slovenia (June 7-11).
    Slovakia? ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 51
    « Reply #93 on: May 14, 2017, 20:55 »
    Slovakia? ;)

No, Slovenia. Got the dates wrong. June 15-18
  • ReplyReply
  • tick-ink.biz/eng

Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 181
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #94 on: May 16, 2017, 14:13 »
    Synergy Baku with young team to Tour of Ukraine

(May 16, 2017) The Synergy Baku Cycling Project will concentrate on its young riders in the Tour of Ukraine (May 17-21). Last year Samir Jabrayilov finished fourth overall in the first running of the UCI 2.2 stage race.

Veterans Kirill Pozdnyakov and Elchin Asadov will guide and support the young riders in the race. Samir is returning with hopes of equalling or improving on his results from last year, and Elgun Alizada, Musa Mikayilzade, and Enver Asanov will also look for their chances.

The race opens on Wednesday, May 17, with a 3.5km prologue in Kiev. Stage one travels 179.1 km with start and finish in Bila Tsirvka and stage two is a 30 km team time trial. The two final stages are circuit courses, starting and ending in Bucha (196.8 km) and Kiev (131 km).

“Our next adventure is waiting for us in Ukraine. Last year, our young riders did well here and
     managed to earn international points for participation in the World Championships,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov.

Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Tour of Ukraine: Elgin Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Enver Asanov, Samir Jabrayilov, Musa Mikayilzade, and Kirill Pozdnyakov
  • ReplyReply

• Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #95 on: May 19, 2017, 07:25 »
    Kirill was 29th in the prologue of the Tour of Ukraine. 54th in stage one, same time as the winner. Today is the team time trial.

Results from this race are extremely difficult to come by, and then are totally inadequate. I have never seen GC results.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #96 on: June 05, 2017, 20:43 »
    It was one of those weekends...... I was coming down a climb, went around a curve -- and there was an elderly man standing right there! I avoided him but hit the tree beside the road. I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!

edit: for some reason I can't post the photos, sorry.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #97 on: June 06, 2017, 06:10 »
    I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!
    Ouch! :-x
    Best wishes!
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #98 on: June 09, 2017, 13:14 »
    Happy 30th birthday to our DS, Eldar Dzhabrailov!  :party :party
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #99 on: June 13, 2017, 16:26 »
    The Tour of Slovenia was supposed to be my next season highlight, but unfortunately I will have to miss it. I suffered a concussion in my training crash and am still not feeling well.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #100 on: June 13, 2017, 18:17 »
    The Tour of Slovenia was supposed to be my next season highlight, but unfortunately I will have to miss it. I suffered a concussion in my training crash and am still not feeling well.
    Concussions have to be taken seriously. It's the right decision not to rush back into things.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 924
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 15:02 »
    It was one of those weekends...... I was coming down a climb, went around a curve -- and there was an elderly man standing right there! I avoided him but hit the tree beside the road. I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!

edit: for some reason I can't post the photos, sorry.
    Ooo. That's ok, no photos, no problems! Don't need them! I get puckered enough from your description! Glad you are out and training! Hoping your fast healing continues!
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #102 on: July 05, 2017, 09:01 »
    Still recovering. Still don't know when I will be back in action.  :(
  • ReplyReply

• Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #103 on: August 24, 2017, 15:24 »
    Kirill has been suspended for eight months for  an anti-doping violation. He tested positive for the drug Methylphenidate at the Tour of Morocco in April. His ban ends on December 6, 2017.
  • ReplyReply

• Joan

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 3
    « Reply #104 on: August 24, 2017, 19:30 »
    And now we delete all these bullsh*t reports of the last half year?

It had been obvious since Pozdnyakov didn't count anymore in the UCI nations ranking for Azerbaijan during the last months.
    Very honest press work.

:-x
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3977
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #105 on: August 25, 2017, 14:42 »
    Kirill has been suspended for eight months for  an anti-doping violation. He tested positive for the drug Methylphenidate at the Tour of Morocco in April. His ban ends on December 6, 2017.
    :(

I hope he will be back posting on here next season :)
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9692
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #106 on: August 25, 2017, 17:35 »
    first of all, some honest words about his doping violation wouldn't hurt as well to be honest...
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #107 on: January 06, 2018, 09:38 »
    I am happy to announce that I am riding for the Synergy Baku Cycling Project again this year! Right now I am training in Turkey with several teammates.

As to last year: I took a medically necessary medication which I was unfortunately not aware was not approved. Both the UCI and the team accepted my explanation, which is why the UCI gave me a short ban and the team took me back. I very much regret the whole situation and the difficulties it has caused to so many people.

From here I am looking only forward, and am eager to prove that I am a clean rider who can ride well and win for his team.
  • ReplyReply

• Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 596
    « Reply #108 on: January 06, 2018, 11:22 »
    Thank You Kirill brother and good luck for this season.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3977
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #109 on: January 07, 2018, 18:08 »
    Great news Kirill and looking forward to seeing you back on the road :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #110 on: January 08, 2018, 18:39 »
    I am now training in Turkey with Elchin Asadov, Samir Jabrayilov and Oleksandr Polidova.

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #111 on: January 22, 2018, 11:47 »
    Synergy Baku opens 2018 season at Sharjah Tour
    (January 22, 2018) The Synergy Baku Cycling Project is sending an experienced team to the Sharjah International Tour for Cycling. The four-stage race, held January 24-27 in the United Arab Emirates, will be the team’s season opener.
    Veteran riders Kirill Pozdnyakov, Elchin Asadov and newcomer Oleksandr Polivoda will lead the team. They will be backed up by Samir Jabrayilov, Enver Asanov and Elgun Alizada. The race marks Pozdnyakov’s return to racing and Polivoda’s debut for the team.
    “The new season is starting and we are looking forward to a good one,” says sports director Eldar Dzhabrailov. “Our veterans are taking on this first race and we will see how well they have trained over the winter – of course we expect good results! The whole team will get together for the first time for training camp after this race, and we are all looking forward to that.”
    The race covers 412 kilometres in the Emirate of Sharjah. It opens with a 10.2 km individual time trial in the capital city of Sharjah. The second stage is a flat one, 151.6 km from Al Batayeh to Al Malaiha.
    The third stage should be decisive in determining the overall winner. It covers four ranked climbs in the 116.7 km from Dibba to Wadi Al Hilo, with a category one climb coming only six kilometres before the finish. The race then ends with 139 km along the Sharjah waterfront.
    Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Sharjah Tour: Elgun Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Enver Asanov, Samir Jabrayilov, Oleksandr Polivoda and Kirill Pozdnyakov
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #112 on: January 23, 2018, 09:14 »
    FROM THE SYNERGY BAKU FACEBOOK PAGE:

THREE QUESTIONS for: KIRILL POZDNYAKOV

How does it feel to be back after missing so much of last season?

I’m super happy to be back! If I do something I give 100% of myself, so the goal is to get the best possible results this year. I trained hard to stay in shape and to be ready for this season.

What was the problem last year and how was it resolved?

As to last year: I took a medically necessary medication which I was unfortunately not aware was not approved. Both the UCI and the team accepted my explanation, which is why the UCI gave me a short ban and the team took me back. I very much regret the whole situation and the difficulties it has caused to so many people. I also suffered a severe concussion in a training accident, which took a long time to recover from.

What are your plans for this season and which races will you be concentrating on?

This year the first goal is Coppi e Bartali the end of March and after that of course the Tour d’Azerbaidjan . Those are the two races I’m looking forward to in the first part of the year.
    After the Tour d’Azerbaidjan I will sit down with team management and look at what is coming up --  but for now my head is on this two races.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #113 on: January 26, 2018, 17:54 »
    Today was stage 3 of the Sharjah Tour, with mountains! I was up near the front in the finale, and finished 12th, moving up to the top 20 overall.

The feeling were better today. It’s only the first race and January, so we are building up and working toward our biggest goals of the year. I’m very happy to see the guys doing their job today for me, thanks a lot to them! From here on we only can keep it up and be hungry for the first win
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3560
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #114 on: January 26, 2018, 23:57 »
    good luck   :)
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 07:16 »
    Kirill Pozdnyakov wins Grand Prix Alanya

(February 18, 2018) Kirill Pozdnyakov put in one of his trademark breakaways to win the Grand Prix Alanya in Turkey. It was his and the team’s first win of the 2018 season and the earliest win of a season for the team ever.

Pozdnyakov, Oleksandr Polivoda and Elgun Alizada were in the large break of the day in the 175-kilometre race that featured several climbs. Originally 36 riders, the break had gotten smaller as the riders got to the last climb of the day. On that final climb, Pozdnyakov took off from the group in a solo effort with just over 30 km to go. Polivoda was in the group of 11 behind him, and the Ukrainian controlled things, allowing his teammate to stay untouched. The teamwork was successful and Pozdnyakov soloed in to victory, with Polivoda finishing fourth on the day.

“I am very happy! It was a great start of the season, big thanks to my teammates. Everybody was super today, the guys did all the work until the last climb. I only needed to finish it off and I did. I attacked on the last climb and could stay away,” Pozdnyakov said. “Big thanks to Polivoda, who controlled the chasing group and brought me in a comfortable situation until the final. Team spirit was the key point today!”

“What can I say after the first victory in this season – it was great. It was a very intense race and we knew there would be lots of attacks from the start. Our goal was to get in the main breakaway which would decide the race, so our guys had to cover all the dangerous attacks in the first half of race. After 60 km a break of 36 riders formed, with Kirill, Oleksandr and Elgun in it,” said sports director Eldar Dzhabrailov.

“It was a very strong group, and Elgun and Polivoda did a lot of work. There were many attacks, and on the second of the three climbs, there were only 12 riders left including not only Kirill and Polivoda, but also such strong teams as Torku, CCC and Minsk. The only solution was to attack on the third climb, and Kirill did it in style.

“The last 30km were the most exciting in this race, as the leader was going and the pack started working hard to catch up with Kirill. They came within 20 seconds, and the last thing I told Kirill was ‘don’t give up,’ and he didn’t. Polivoda tried the whole time to keep control of this group so that they wouldn’t catch him. Kirill’s spirit was strong and he won a beautiful victory for the whole team.”
  • ReplyReply

•