collapse

* Q & A Session Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
  • Liked: 59
Re: Kirill Pozdnyakov blog
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2017, 12:19 »
My next victory -- I am now the natonal road champion in Azerbaijan! Here I am with my Baku teammate Elchin Asadov (the ITT champ) and our DS, Eldar Dzhabrailov

• ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #91 on: May 14, 2017, 11:27 »
    My next race will be the Tour of Ukraine next week, where I will look to help the young guys get some results. After that it is time to go home for a rest!

Next my attention will turn to the Tour of Slovenia (June 7-11). It is a very interesting race, with four ProTour teams. So it would be great to get some results there, and I am as always highly motivated.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6055
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #92 on: May 14, 2017, 19:54 »
    Next my attention will turn to the Tour of Slovenia (June 7-11).
    Slovakia? ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 51
    « Reply #93 on: May 14, 2017, 20:55 »
    Slovakia? ;)

No, Slovenia. Got the dates wrong. June 15-18
  • ReplyReply
  • tick-ink.biz/eng

Synergy Baku

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 181
    • Baku Cycling Project
    « Reply #94 on: May 16, 2017, 14:13 »
    Synergy Baku with young team to Tour of Ukraine

(May 16, 2017) The Synergy Baku Cycling Project will concentrate on its young riders in the Tour of Ukraine (May 17-21). Last year Samir Jabrayilov finished fourth overall in the first running of the UCI 2.2 stage race.

Veterans Kirill Pozdnyakov and Elchin Asadov will guide and support the young riders in the race. Samir is returning with hopes of equalling or improving on his results from last year, and Elgun Alizada, Musa Mikayilzade, and Enver Asanov will also look for their chances.

The race opens on Wednesday, May 17, with a 3.5km prologue in Kiev. Stage one travels 179.1 km with start and finish in Bila Tsirvka and stage two is a 30 km team time trial. The two final stages are circuit courses, starting and ending in Bucha (196.8 km) and Kiev (131 km).

“Our next adventure is waiting for us in Ukraine. Last year, our young riders did well here and
     managed to earn international points for participation in the World Championships,” said DS Eldar Dzhabrailov.

Synergy Baku Cycling Project for the Tour of Ukraine: Elgin Alizada, Elchin Asadov, Enver Asanov, Samir Jabrayilov, Musa Mikayilzade, and Kirill Pozdnyakov
  • ReplyReply

• Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #95 on: May 19, 2017, 07:25 »
    Kirill was 29th in the prologue of the Tour of Ukraine. 54th in stage one, same time as the winner. Today is the team time trial.

Results from this race are extremely difficult to come by, and then are totally inadequate. I have never seen GC results.
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #96 on: June 05, 2017, 20:43 »
    It was one of those weekends...... I was coming down a climb, went around a curve -- and there was an elderly man standing right there! I avoided him but hit the tree beside the road. I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!

edit: for some reason I can't post the photos, sorry.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #97 on: June 06, 2017, 06:10 »
    I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!
    Ouch! :-x
    Best wishes!
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #98 on: June 09, 2017, 13:14 »
    Happy 30th birthday to our DS, Eldar Dzhabrailov!  :party :party
  • ReplyReply

• Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #99 on: June 13, 2017, 16:26 »
    The Tour of Slovenia was supposed to be my next season highlight, but unfortunately I will have to miss it. I suffered a concussion in my training crash and am still not feeling well.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #100 on: June 13, 2017, 18:17 »
    The Tour of Slovenia was supposed to be my next season highlight, but unfortunately I will have to miss it. I suffered a concussion in my training crash and am still not feeling well.
    Concussions have to be taken seriously. It's the right decision not to rush back into things.
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 837
    « Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 15:02 »
    It was one of those weekends...... I was coming down a climb, went around a curve -- and there was an elderly man standing right there! I avoided him but hit the tree beside the road. I ended up looking quite battered and with 17 stitches. But I was back on the bike today, and put in six hours of training!

edit: for some reason I can't post the photos, sorry.
    Ooo. That's ok, no photos, no problems! Don't need them! I get puckered enough from your description! Glad you are out and training! Hoping your fast healing continues!
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

Kirill P

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #102 on: July 05, 2017, 09:01 »
    Still recovering. Still don't know when I will be back in action.  :(
  • ReplyReply

• Susan Westemeyer

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #103 on: August 24, 2017, 15:24 »
    Kirill has been suspended for eight months for  an anti-doping violation. He tested positive for the drug Methylphenidate at the Tour of Morocco in April. His ban ends on December 6, 2017.
  • ReplyReply

• Joan

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 3
    « Reply #104 on: August 24, 2017, 19:30 »
    And now we delete all these bullsh*t reports of the last half year?

It had been obvious since Pozdnyakov didn't count anymore in the UCI nations ranking for Azerbaijan during the last months.
    Very honest press work.

:-x
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3875
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #105 on: August 25, 2017, 14:42 »
    Kirill has been suspended for eight months for  an anti-doping violation. He tested positive for the drug Methylphenidate at the Tour of Morocco in April. His ban ends on December 6, 2017.
    :(

I hope he will be back posting on here next season :)
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9257
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #106 on: August 25, 2017, 17:35 »
    first of all, some honest words about his doping violation wouldn't hurt as well to be honest...
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"