collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10823
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Re: Simon Yates fails drugs test
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2016, 09:41 »
Leaks can come from everywhere, doesn't have to be a 'newspaper'.[1]
 1. I hesitate to call the Daily Mail that

leaks tend to go to newspapers etc who report the news

The Leak was via a BC staff member
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6054
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #61 on: May 08, 2016, 10:38 »
    leaks tend to go to newspapers etc who report the news

The Leak was via a BC staff member
    Yes, and I wonder why they leaked it. :-x
    Especially why they leaked it in the way they did - the Daily Mail clearly turned the story into something track-focused to heap even more sh*t on a BC that was already waist-deep in it.
    If they leaked it "to get people's minds off the Sutton case", you'd have thought they'd have made sure that the story would focus away from BC and their track program.

Maybe the leaker has simply never watched "Yes, Minister". Or the Daily Mail is trash that doesn't care one iota about what its stories do to others and is interested only in getting readers.
    Yeah, that's probably more likely. :barf
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1275
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #62 on: May 08, 2016, 19:00 »
    Yes, and I wonder why they leaked it. :-x
    Especially why they leaked it in the way they did - the Daily Mail clearly turned the story into something track-focused to heap even more sh*t on a BC that was already waist-deep in it.
    If they leaked it "to get people's minds off the Sutton case", you'd have thought they'd have made sure that the story would focus away from BC and their track program.

Maybe the leaker has simply never watched "Yes, Minister". Or the Daily Mail is trash that doesn't care one iota about what its stories do to others and is interested only in getting readers.
    Yeah, that's probably more likely. :barf

Agreed.

The leaker has a deposit sitting in their account I suspect.
  • ReplyReply

• Caruut

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 350
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 12:02 »
    BC aim to control the fire, end up fanning it. Later sent out another email apologising for the poor choice of wording, apparently it wasn't a threat to the riders, but simply a reference to the amount of time their coaches would spend dealing with the media storm.

EDIT: it's from a copy of The Times I picked up on the train this morning, otherwise I'd link the story
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:25 by Caruut »

pastronef

• National Champion
    • Liked: 550
    « Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 12:16 »
    BC aim to control the fire, end up fanning it. Later sent out another email apologising for the poor choice of wording, apparently it wasn't a threat to the riders, but simply a reference to the amount of time their coaches would spend dealing with the media storm.

I fear the same guy who spilled the news about Yates, also sent the email to the newspaper

he´s feeding the polemics. they must stop him/her

i am serious
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 12:20 »
    I fear the same guy who spilled the news about Yates, also sent the email to the newspaper

i am serious

To be honest I'm pleased the guy is doing it. What Harrison is saying in that email is unacceptable.

• ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3500
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 12:29 »
    Naming Yates - it was a failed test so it should have been made public anyway.   Hiding these things is what got cycling into the mess its in now.

As for publicising that piece of absolute garbage ... the guy who wrote that should be sacked immediately so I am glad he did that too.

What an appalling threat - and lets be clear it absolutely IS a thread - to try and keep control of the cyclists who are hoping to be selected.   Omerta at its greatest ....
  • ReplyReply

• pastronef

• National Champion
    « Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 12:35 »
    Naming Yates - it was a failed test so it should have been made public anyway.   Hiding these things is what got cycling into the mess its in now.

As for publicising that piece of absolute garbage ... the guy who wrote that should be sacked immediately so I am glad he did that too.

What an appalling threat - and lets be clear it absolutely IS a thread - to try and keep control of the cyclists who are hoping to be selected.   Omerta at its greatest ....

I fully  :P understand.
    but but
    they are going for the Olympics and UK cycling DOES NOT NEED anymore polemics.
    wait for after the Games and leak anything you want
    because all the preparation is being tarnished with the last month scandals
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Road Captain
      • Music To Your Ears
    « Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 12:40 »
    I fully  :P understand.
    but but
    they are going for the Olympics and UK cycling DOES NOT NEED anymore polemics.
    wait for after the Games and leak anything you want
    because all the preparation is being tarnished with the last month scandals

That's not the point Pastro. What he is saying in his email is simply unacceptable.
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3500
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 12:45 »
    3 issues

1 - Sexist behaviour.  That is a problem for BC ... created by BC.  The riders commenting on it isnt the problem - BC is

2 - sale of team kit - again a problem created by BC. 

3 - posative test by a rider - I can understand BC not wanting team members to comment much about this, but to be honest, they wouldnt anyway.

Essentially British Cycling are saying "we did all this dodgy stuff, but we dont want anyone who might know something to actually be able to say anything ... so we are going to use our power to make sure they cant speak up"

Threatening riders with non-selection if they speak up about the corruption/abuse of the selectors is NOT acceptable.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6054
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 13:32 »

i am serious
    "I want you to set up a leak inquiry!"

Two days later:
    "So, who leaked it?"
    "Leaked what?"
    "The leak inquiry, have they found out yet?"
    "You really wanted me to set a leak inquiry that should actually find the leak?!"

(paraphrased from Yes, Prime Minister)
  • ReplyReply

• Caruut

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 350
      • Sporcle quizzes on cycling.
    • Awards: Post of 2014
    « Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 13:38 »
    There's almost an element of farce to it all; "don't comment publicly on the rumours of us using non-selection as a punishment for speaking publicly, or we will punish you with non-selection"
  • ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 298
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    « Reply #72 on: May 25, 2016, 08:18 »
    There's almost an element of farce to it all; "don't comment publicly on the rumours of us using non-selection as a punishment for speaking publicly, or we will punish you with non-selection"
    That is very The Thick of It
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1719
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 09:29 »
    The e mail is very old news.
    Laura Trott is doing an interview with The Times today.
    "Ours" and others will be addressing the Sutton-sexism issue, post Rio.
    Nothing to do with non selection, at least as far as we are concerned, simply timing.

The bottom line is that athletes aiming to get selected shouldn't have the time, or the inclination for such distraction, this close to the games. Especially something that might impact the athlete/coach dynamic.

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

pastronef

• National Champion
    « Reply #74 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44 »
    no Dauphiné nor Suisse for him

he's scheduled for Slovenia later this month

I guess it's better to chose a non-WT race with less media coverage  :cool  ;)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/orica-greenedge-targeting-criterium-du-dauphine-stage-wins/
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1719
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10823
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #76 on: June 18, 2016, 09:11 »
    Simon not riding the TDF is ok career wise I think

It give Adam a real shot at being leader it also Means Simon will ride with Chaves at the Vuelta which should be a great learning experience plus he might even end up leader

Wonder if that means for contract neg for 2017
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: World Championships 2017 by Drummer Boy
    [Today at 04:11]

Re: World Championships 2017 by hiero
    [September 24, 2017, 22:50]

Re: World Championships 2017 by Mellow Velo
    [September 24, 2017, 22:04]