collapse

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 5658
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tue-problem-is-about-much-more-than-wiggins-says-roche/
I have to like what Nicky Roche said there. I think he has summed things up pretty well.
Ah, it's the Relevant Roche! I thought it was an interview with Stephen and didn't even bother clicking the link. ;)
Read it now, and he says a lot of things I agree with.

Combine that with Emma Pooley's comments:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pooley-brailsford-and-sky-need-to-get-their-facts-straight/

I love the "It's at best silly and careless" part. Yup, that pretty well says it, IMO.

We complain about Cookson, but I think he's doing quite a bit more than we would have seen from McQuaid. Let's see if he can successfully step up to this plate and make things work better.

Well, anyway, anyone inclined to seek change has some decent ammunition now.
This is all about 2011. A time when everyone at Team Sky was younger and more carefree ... :D
If only Fignon hadn't told about substance abuse in that book of his, this would be a completely innocent reference. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

hiero

• National Champion
    • Liked: 550
    . . . younger and more carefree ... :D
     . . .

:lol :lol :lol :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Ubi est ignis

hiero

• National Champion
    • Liked: 550
    I almost wish that we had some feature to indicate we regarded a post as high-importance. Like this one.

For those of us who are not following tech news, there is this bit about Fancy Bears:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/07/clinton-campaign-email-accounts-were-targeted-by-russians-too/

It would seem that Fancy Bears aim has little to do with cycling, and a lot to do with creating chaos. In other words, they are a TROLL. Fancy that.

A

Big

Bad

Troll.

A troll who is the big brother to the big brother to the big brother of the troll at the bridge. Imaging being a troll with all that power behind you.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10449
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8660
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Fancy Bear hack on WADA and the TUE debate
    « Reply #184 on: November 20, 2016, 18:28 »
    WADA says 18 of those 228 TUEs leaked by Fancy Bears were fabricated

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1043875/updates/23967
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5658
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #185 on: November 20, 2016, 21:02 »
    WADA says 18 of those 228 TUEs leaked by Fancy Bears were fabricated

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1043875/updates/23967
    We as good as knew already that Fuglsang's TUE was a forgery. This confirms that it most likely was, and others were, too.

Throws a bad light on the Fancy Bears.
    What did they gain by forging 18 more TUEs on top of those 210 real ones?
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5647
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #186 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48 »
    We as good as knew already that Fuglsang's TUE was a forgery. This confirms that it most likely was, and others were, too.

Wiggins should have kept quiet. He might have been in the clear now. :)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

Kiwirider

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 331
    « Reply #187 on: November 23, 2016, 04:26 »

A couple of things to bear in mind with this statement ...

It doesn't appear in any official WADA news release or communique on TUEs or the hacking or, in fact, the meeting (although, to be fair, the minutes haven't been published to the WADA site yet).

As far as I can tell, this news site is the only place that has put up the story.

From day one, WADA had said that some of the released info appeared to contain errors (or some phrase to that effect). Is this article merely a confirmation of that earlier statement - but with a mis-quoting of the original intent?

And, lastly, there hasn't been any statement of which of the information is false - which, given the (largely toothless, in my opinion) earlier comments by WADA in defence of named athletes, you'd expect to have seen ...

There are some major stakes at play here and WADA is well incentivised to discredit the hackers in any way that it can ...

Which is my long winded way of calling "bullsh*t" on the article ..
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Posts

Re: Man Down - Injury Reports 2017 by AG
    [Today at 01:27]

Re: Le Tour de Bretagne Cycliste by LukasCPH
    [April 25, 2017, 23:14]

Re: Velorooms/Fendrien Podcast by LukasCPH
    [April 25, 2017, 23:06]

Re: Tour de Romandie by search