collapse

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 8503
  • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Number of Team Race Days
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:07 »
I was doing a bit of early CQ research for 2017, as you do, and I came across this page on PCS.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/statistics.php?stat_id=111

Must be a fairly recent addition as I remember looking for something like that a year or two ago for use in the UCI Reform thread. Couldn't find it then and had to use this instead.

It's not surprising that AG2R and FDJ lead the way with their commitments to both WT and SSFRs. That is mirrored in PCT with Cofidis, Fortuneo and Direct Energie leading the pack there.

Bit surprised that Cannondale are so high. I have it in my head that they under race their guys, but maybe they are just better at spreading the race days around the whole team.

Giant's position must be slightly false as they had to DNS a few races earlier on in the season after the multi-rider moto incident.

Looking a bit further down (and I mean further down) you'll see Funvic on 52 race days. That's the same number as Tusnad! It's a bit of a head scratcher to be honest. They have non-UCI races in Brazil they must be racing, but why make the leap to PCT if you're not going to make a fist of it. Money/travel must play a part in it.

Anything else of interest? or what about comparisons to the 2014 stats in the other link?
  • ReplyReply

• Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1824
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015
    Re: Number of Team Race Days
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14 »
    Cannondale certainly under-win their guys.

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 7729
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: Number of Team Race Days
    « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 13:12 »
    Looking a bit further down (and I mean further down) you'll see Funvic on 52 race days. That's the same number as Tusnad! It's a bit of a head scratcher to be honest. They have non-UCI races in Brazil they must be racing, but why make the leap to PCT if you're not going to make a fist of it. Money/travel must play a part in it.
    There are hardly any races in Brazil, with UCI status or without.
    Why they went for a PCT license ... absolutely no idea. It got them into a couple of races (Europe, Langkawi, Tropicale) that probably wouldn't have invited a Brazilian Conti team - but their calendar is a far cry from any other ProConti team's.

It's possible they were hoping for more race invites to be forthcoming, or that money dried up at some point - remember that Carrefour withdrew as sponsor early in the year. But looking at it from the outside, it has been a rather disappointing year for them.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean