collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 7734
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Team Aqua Blue News
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:47 »
I still am a bit sceptical to be honest, even with buses and four riders announced.  :P

The statement yesterday of "we're going to be riding MSR and AGR" and the subsequent change of wording got very small alarm bells ringing. Any news of bike suppliers yet? I read in a Sticky Bottle article that they've "set ourselves a deadline of the end of August .. to have an equipment partner".
The team will be around, and on a PCT level.
How 'big' it will actually be, and whether they'll get MSR and AGR wildcards, is a different matter ... but Aqua Blue will be a PCT next year.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 08:50
As for calendar, if I recall the rules correctly an Irish registered PCT team would be allowed to enter .1 and .HC races in France. There are a lot of those races and I doubt if they'd have any difficulty getting invited. If they have a reasonably fast sprinter there'd be some cheap wins there too.
PCTs can enter any and all .1 and .HC races, no matter where they're registered.
On top of that, they can enter .2 races in their home country (like you say, the Rás is an option). They can also apply to .2 races in other countries if they want to - there's a maximum of two foreign PCTs in a .2 race[1]. Outside of Europe, there are no restrictions: .HC, .1, .2 are all possible.
 1. this was added in 2016 and has been used by a couple of PCTs already
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 12:08]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by search
    [Today at 11:55]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 11:32]