collapse

zinoviev letter

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 172
Re: Team Aqua Blue News
« on: October 04, 2016, 22:44 »
Ok, that makes more sense. I wasn't really too aware of the hype, so I just saw them as a team stepping up to Pro Continental level with a team almost entirely composed of riders stepping up from Continental level. And with the main "names" being a well and truly faded Goss, Steele Van Hoff and Marcin Bialoblocki. So I wasn't expecting them to be cutting a swathe through .HC and WT races.

Given where they were coming from, 13 wins, 7 of them .1 or higher, isn't spectacular but it isn't bad either. And Smith and Opie in particular look to have made the transition to the pro ranks well. If they've been giving the impression in Britain that they were going to smash everyone and jump to the forefront of pro cycling, then I can see why people see winning stages of the Tour of Korea as less than meaningful though.

It does strike me looking at their team that they may have hired too many riders and they may have been better off keeping a few of those minimum wages to spend on a couple of more experienced pros.
  • ReplyReply

•