collapse

zinoviev letter

• Domestic Rider
  • Liked: 172
Re: Team Aqua Blue News
« on: October 07, 2016, 19:06 »
I'm beginning to get the impression that they are setting up quite a different sort of team to the one I'd anticipated.

I thought at first that they wouldn't get going, but that if they did they would be a team that would be almost all riders coming up from the Conti level or young prospects, half or more Irish, mostly development focused etc. Just the assumption that they would be majority Irish necessarily indicated a relatively low level of quality, given the thin layer of Irish riders who are already of PCT level but not completely unaffordable.

Instead, if the local journalist is right, they seem to be aiming to set themselves up as something more like a miniature version of one of the weaker WT teams. No large contingent of Irish Conti level riders, only the few who are definitely good enough and maybe a couple of young prospects. Instead the domestiques look more like they will be mostly made up of international riders of an established high level who are looking for contracts in a transfer season that heavily favours the teams. And they are making it sound as if their second leader will be of a similar sort of prominence to Nordhaug.

So not really a development focused team and not a bonanza of unearned Irish pro contracts.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 12:08]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by search
    [Today at 11:55]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by t-72
    [Today at 11:32]

Re: Milano - Sanremo by search
    [Today at 11:12]

Re: 2020 Smaller Race Results and Discussion by t-72