collapse

Poll

Should we have a countdown clock for Alberto Contadors return on the main page?

Yes
1 (5.9%)
No
10 (58.8%)
only on the AC thread
5 (29.4%)
Vino/Other  :)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: June 23, 2012, 11:43

l29205

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 127
As a person that has done Web development and related activities,  I just don't see the positive outcome to such a policy.  Next we will be having countdowns for the LA USADA showdown.  Let them serve their time in peace and when they come back then applaud what they accomplish.  Races are the only thing we need a countdown for.
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2468
    Nah, I really like it for the Contador thread and I think we should make a similar type of countdown for other riders their threads when they get banned, such as Shep  :P

Shep banned? Blasphemy! Ram will burn you at a stake!

Oh, and Nibali. Nibali indeed.
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    • Liked: 370

But we don't have a Nibali thread. Now if we had one and the Ferrari investigation did create such a situation, I would agree. But Shep was the first rider that sprang to my mind when I though of a single rider having a thread
  • ReplyReply

• Slow Rider

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 2468
    But we don't have a Nibali thread. Now if we had one and the Ferrari investigation did create such a situation, I would agree. But Shep was the first rider that sprang to my mind when I though of a single rider having a thread

So we need a Nibali thread is what you're saying? I agree. And I choose to ignore all comments about Ferrari, since that has nothing to do with Nibali. Nothing I tell you!
  • ReplyReply

• Dim

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3364
      • Velorooms
    • Awards: Race Preview of 2014Best Post 2012
    im thinking of putting one in the lance usada thread that counts down to september 5th
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    So we need a Nibali thread is what you're saying? I agree. And I choose to ignore all comments about Ferrari, since that has nothing to do with Nibali. Nothing I tell you!
    I agree we need to have a Nibali thread, he really is a great rider, even though he killed a dove in his time trial in Amsterdam
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 476
    Yay not nibali hate from dutch poster maybe dutch hate for nibali originated in pcm benelux
  • ReplyReply

• barrus

• National Champion
    Yay not nibali hate from dutch poster maybe dutch hate for nibali originated in pcm benelux
    I am Dutch and I love Nibali as a rider and hope he really does flourish and he does deserve his own thread. But there are rumours, but lets take those to the doping section.
  • ReplyReply

• ram

I am in a forgiving mood these days, Shep no dope, every man knows that.

Cue LOTR dialogue- I'm no man.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3925
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    As a person that has done Web development and related activities,  I just don't see the positive outcome to such a policy.  Next we will be having countdowns for the LA USADA showdown.  Let them serve their time in peace and when they come back then applaud what they accomplish.  Races are the only thing we need a countdown for.

So you think we shouldn't have it because he deserves to be punished and his return shouldn't be anticipated because we don't need dopers in the sport? You sound like Jamsque or Benotti.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5652
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    So you think we shouldn't have it because he deserves to be punished and his return shouldn't be anticipated because we don't need dopers in the sport? You sound like Jamsque or Benotti.

I think what l29205 would like is that, while all things can and should be discussed in their appropriate place, what extra promotion we do should be dedicated to the sporting, competitive and healthful aspects of cycling as opposed to the cultivation of a forum strongly defined by sarcasm, irony and cynicism.

And I agree with that. That's why there's a dedicated Doping Section. Let's stick to that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon

ram

No sarcasm or cynicism? That's me banned then.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    I think what l29205 would like is that, while all things can and should be discussed in their appropriate place, what extra promotion we do should be dedicated to the sporting, competitive and healthful aspects of cycling as opposed to the cultivation of a forum strongly defined by sarcasm, irony and cynicism.

And I agree with that. That's why there's a dedicated Doping Section. Let's stick to that.

So the countdown should be in the doping section? What?
  • ReplyReply

• Tuart

• Pobblebonk
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 483
    • Awards: Velogames Giro Winner 2014
    2014 Velorooms Giro d'Italia Velogames Winner

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner

Amsterhammer

• Proud owner of Vacansoleil
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 16
    For someone who keeps complaining about how much La Flo talks about Contador, you do seem to talk a lot about Kelderman.

You're turning into a boomcie wannabe posting stupidity like this. There is no comparison, and you know it. I'll say anything I might have to say directly to Flo too, so there's no need for you to play back door snitch.
  • ReplyReply
  • Rock On and keep the Faith