Umberto Marengo  46 0
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 626
    • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
    Re: 2017 CQ Game Thread
    « Reply #301 on: May 16, 2017, 01:39 »
    Hey guys, looks like the Giro is in full swing and it should be interesting to see how it affects the game!

Just a note - I still need someone to volunteer to do the updates for the month of June and the month of July - I'm envisioning this being two different people, but if someone feels ambitious and wants to do both, they are of course welcome. Please reply on this thread or in PM if you are interested.

And of course, thanks to murrjt for doing an excellent job so far on the updates in May!
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8858
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #302 on: May 16, 2017, 18:40 »
    where are all my riders? :S

4 Jours de Dunkerque      
    FINETTO Mauro      76

Tour of Ankara      
    VORGANOV Eduard       16

Giro d'Italia      
    ZAKARIN Ilnur      43
    LANDA MEANA Mikel      0
    PONZI Simone      0
    PELUCCHI Matteo      0
    TEUNS Dylan      0

TOTAL      135

ah, right, in California! :S

Giro d'Italia      
    ZAKARIN Ilnur      
    LANDA MEANA Mikel      
    PONZI Simone      
    PELUCCHI Matteo      
    TEUNS Dylan      

Amgen Tour of California      
    DEGENKOLB John      
    GESINK Robert      
    PHINNEY Taylor      
    MACHADO Tiago Jose Pinto      
    VIVIANI Elia      
    BRESCHEL Matti      

Tour of Norway      
    BOOM Lars      
    NORDHAUG Lars Petter      
    POWER Robert      
    BOECKMANS Kris      

Vuelta a Castilla y Leon      
    HIVERT Jonathan      
    BERNAL GOMEZ Egan Arley      
    GARCIA ETXEGIBEL Egoitz   

go :gesink !
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 512
    « Reply #303 on: May 16, 2017, 19:52 »
    Update #18 - Total Package racks up the points

Whilst there were stages for World Tour races taken into account for this update there was only one professional race that handed out GC points, that and the way the results played out means this isn't the highest scoring week, however it counts just as much as the update in a fortnight after the Giro when it comes to the green jersey and write up!

Weekly High Scorers

Rank Team Points
    1    Total Package   327
    2    lenissart   319
    3    Eyeballs Out   304
    4    Hakkie2   289
    5    comodoro   282

This weeks winner is Total Package, they are one of just two people to select Clement Venturini (Hakkie2 being the other) whose stage placings and GC win in Dunkerque accounted for 60% of their winning points total, other contributions came from Giro stage winner Caleb Ewan and Yuri Trofimov's overall victory in his first race of the year in Moscow.

In second place lenissart got most of their points from stage wins in the Giro, three in a row coming from Fernando Gaviria, Silvan Dillier and Ewan, third place Eyeballs Out has the same three riders however they don't have Trofimov which made the difference, comodoro in fifth got a fair few points from Mauro Finetto who finished 6th in Dunkerque and in doing so moved into profit for the year.

Magnumpti who finished 7th has the second least popular team and all of their points came from four riders, Oliver Naesen, Florian Senechal, Adrien Petit and Jakub Mareczko, none of whom are on more than three teams.

Weekly High Movers

Rank Team Up/Down
    1    lenissart    (+14)
    2    abbulf    (+12)
    3    Hakkie2    (+10)
    4=    Jakob747    (+9)
    4=    Eyeballs Out    (+9)

lenissart is the biggest mover this week and is now in the top 50, last years third place finisher abbulf has advanced 12 places. Jakob747 was up this time partially due to Zakarin's 2nd place on Etna. None of the movement listed is at the business end but just outside the top five is Total Package who has gone from 30th to 23rd.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Points
    1    the asian   139
    2    Geraint Too Fast   136
    3    Kazistuta   127
    4    GP Blanco   117
    5=    Blues in the bottle   112
    5=    fauniera   112

A Pinot fueled Geraint Too Fast continued to do well placing 8th this week and the accompanying 16 points has put them in second position as well as into the top 20 in the main game. Blues in the bottle scoring points for the second week in a row moves them into a tie for fifth and tom_jelte has moved into the top ten.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/Down Team  Points
    1     (-)       jeroenk    6026
    2     (-)       Googolplex    5947
    3=     (+1)       Maaaaaaaarten    5783
    3=     (+2)       18-Valve. (pithy)    5783
    5     (-2)       Kazistuta    5773
    6     (+1)       tom_jelte    5766
    7     (-1)       the asian    5741
    8     (+1)       fauniera    5736
    9     (-2)       GP Blanco    5698
    10     (-)       Squire    5574

The top two this week are unchanged although jeroenk has slightly extended their lead over Googolplex, we have a tie for the final podium place between 18-Valve. (pithy) and Maaaaaaaarten. There is plenty of movement within the top ten however there are no new entries this week, Blues in the bottle gets close though as they are up 4 places into 11th. Currently 3rd through 8th is very tight with less than 50 points separating them.

Despite being downbeat over his team Jancouver finished 20th this week and is now only one point behind the winner of this years edition.

The spreadsheet can be viewed/downloaded here
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8858
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #304 on: May 21, 2017, 17:12 »
    well, somehow not exactly the guy I expected to fight for the victory won Castilly y Leon, but anyway... :D

Giro d'Italia      
    ZAKARIN Ilnur      42
    LANDA MEANA Mikel      25
    PONZI Simone      0
    PELUCCHI Matteo      0
    TEUNS Dylan      0

Amgen Tour of California      
    DEGENKOLB John      6
    GESINK Robert      39
    PHINNEY Taylor      1
    MACHADO Tiago Jose Pinto      12
    VIVIANI Elia      5
    BRESCHEL Matti      5

Tour of Norway      
    BOOM Lars      0
    NORDHAUG Lars Petter      0
    POWER Robert      8
    BOECKMANS Kris      0

Vuelta a Castilla y Leon      
    HIVERT Jonathan      136
    BERNAL GOMEZ Egan Arley      0

not many points in total though...
  • ReplyReply

• Murrjt

• A Brother
    • 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 512
    « Reply #305 on: May 23, 2017, 20:20 »
    Update #19 - The Vikings are coming

The attacking vikings has selected an all Scandinavian team which is lowest in the popularity rankings, which during a week like this when the Tour of Norway is on has paid dividends, in fact more than 80% of their points came from that race. The main contributor was double stage winner and overall victor Edvald Boasson Hagen, they also had two other people who finished in the top ten with August Jensen and Andreas Vangstad. The majority of points from outside of that race were scored by Vegard Stake Laengen who finished 6th in California.

Second placed CQmanager had unique pick Tom Dumoulin's two giro stage wins and time in the pink jersey to thank for 251 of their points this week, they also had another giro double stage winner, Fernando Gaviria, elsewhere their main input came from Richard Carapaz's 4th place on GC in Spain. Squire's third place was also partly due to Gaviria but it was in Castilla y Leon where most points were accrued as they have Jonathan Hivert and Jaime Roson who finished 1st and 2nd overall respectively as well as the aforementioned Carapaz.

Other things of note, Poles & Co. perhaps unsurprisingly has Rafal Majka a unique pick whose 2nd place in California netted them 248 points, which is just under half of their weekly total. Guybrush who placed 6th this update also had a unique pick who performed well, this time it was the man who finished ahead of Majka, George Bennett. As far as I can tell seemingly a week where unique picks had more of an impact than usual but I might be wrong.

Weekly High Scorers

Rank Team Points
    1 the attacking vikings   571
    2      CQmanager   565
    3      Squire   525
    4      Poles & Co.   511
    5      simple   490

Some big movement this time although none of it that near to the top, CQmanager is up to 74th, Poles and co., simple and barmaher have all advanced into the top 50, the latter two in part due to a solid performance from Ian Boswell.

Weekly High Movers

Rank Team Up/Down
    1 CQmanager     (+26)
    2 Poles & Co.     (+22)
    3= Guybrush     (+20)
    3= simple     (+20)
    5= Jakob747     (+10)
    5= barmaher     (+10)
    5= merengues     (+10)

After finishing seventh this update the asian has increased their lead which had been reduced in recent weeks, tom_jelte picked up enough points to move into the top five, whilst squire's third place means they are just outside the top ten.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Points
    1      the asian   157
    2      Geraint Too Fast   136
    3      Kazistuta   127
    4      GP Blanco   117
    5      tom_jelte   114

For the third week in a row jeroenk is the leader however we have two new teams in the top three, the asian has moved up from 7th into 2nd and tom_jelte from 6th to 3rd and there is only 40 points separating the podium. Squire is another big mover within the top 10 as they are now into 4th after their strong week. We have no new entries in the ten but plenty of movement within it as former long time leader Googolplex drops down from the podium last week to 9th this whilst Kazistuta is now in tenth position. There were some fairly sizable points differences between the top ten teams this week. 

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/Down Team  Points
    1     (-)          jeroenk    6200
    2     (+5)          the asian    6187
    3     (+3)          tom_jelte    6160
    4     (+6)          Squire    6099
    5     (+3)          fauniera    6059
    6     (-3)          18-Valve. (pithy)    6038
    7     (-4)          Maaaaaaaarten    6009
    8     (+1)          GP Blanco    6002
    9     (-7)          Googolplex    5991
    10     (-5)          Kazistuta    5895

Next week will be the update after the Giro (and the monthly one) so we will see if that provides a shakeup with the amount of points that are on offer. The spreadsheet can be viewed/downloaded here
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10591
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #306 on: May 24, 2017, 06:57 »
    I have wait for it 12 teams

Below me

I guess we can say my team is a bit time Ewan sprinting scrap off the outer layer and it is sh*t :lol

3 in the top 10 at the Giro so at least next week might be ok :fp
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 518
    « Reply #307 on: May 24, 2017, 11:18 »
    I actually don't know how I'm not doing worse. I have zero success stories other than Porte and Hivert (+Vorgy but not scoring enough to make a difference).
  • ReplyReply

•