collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 4696
  • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/58138/ronde-de-l-isard-les-grimpeurs-pieges-d-entree

Direct Velo think this first stage could be a danger for the climbers - 146km of broken terrain with potential for echelons.

it will be necessary to be careful that a group does not make the trunk with outsiders or other surprises, which would take seven or eight minutes ahead of the favorites. Among the winners of the day, some could then prove very difficult to let go in the mountains ...

"The weather will play a role, " he notes. " If it's cold as advertised , it's better for the big ones! " The forecasts actually announce a cool weather, little wind (so a priori No monster borders) and the risk of rain or even thunderstorms.

Six is my pick for the win today.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Break: Roman KOHL (GSC Blagnac Vélo Sport 31), Corentin DUBOIS (UC Nantes Atlantique), Thomas OUSTRY (VC Rouen 76), David RIVIÈRE (Vendée U), Pascal EENKHOORN, Pavel SIVAKOV (BMC Development Team) et Cyril BARTHE (Fundacion Euskadi-EDP).

A crash in the peloton has led to a brief neutralization.

After the fall, the safety of the riders could no longer be guaranteed 100%, and the Commissioners decided to neutralize the race until safety conditions returned to normal.

They had to wait for the doctor's car to return it's position.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    They had to wait for the doctor's car to return it's position.

Here's one for Fus.

What are the rules about how many doctors (and their cars) a UCI race has to have? How many does Sibiu go with for example? Surely Isard has more than one doctor here.

Some riders refuse to resume the start. Chilled by the fall and climatic conditions, the riders consider complicated to resume the race at this level of the stage.

Now some don't want to ride at all.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Stage cancelled. :S

Conditions don't look that bad.

https://twitter.com/LaBandeCycliste/status/865179445799383040

No doubt some interesting Direct Velo reports up later.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    http://www.fpciclismo.pt/index_noticia_ver.php?id_noticia_new=4845&pag=1

The first stage of the Ronde de l'Isard, French international event in which Team Portugal sub-23 participates, was canceled today, after a long period of neutralization, motivated by two falls in the squad.

The stage started fast, with about 44 kilometers traveled in the first hour, but had to be interrupted with pertp of 50 kilometers disputed. Two falls in the squad, one of which held the test doctor for a long time, forced the race to stop.

The test still started, with a neutralized gait, but it was interrupted again. Due to the cold, the rain and the wind, many cyclists demanded from the organization the cancellation of the race. Others even ended up being taken to the test ambulances, showing signs of hypothermia. In view of the obvious difficulties, The college of commissioners decided to cancel the stage.

I wonder if the break being 20 minutes (!) up the road also played a part.

https://www.facebook.com/colpack.dilettanti/posts/1843560165911726

The Italian view. Some paragraphs would be nice.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/BadulaqueDptvo/status/865602459045163009

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/int-en/experience/the-feedzone/sivakov_wins_ronde_de_lisard_stage_2_after_impressive_final_climb/

Revenge after yesterday's farce, and it wasn't as if they were given too much rope today. The gap didn't get bigger than 2m20, so using some basic maths you can see his climb time can't have been that much slower than the quickest from the peloton (and if Direct Velo is to be believed he might have been quicker!).

Plateau de Beille tomorrow.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5725
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Here's one for Fus.

What are the rules about how many doctors (and their cars) a UCI race has to have? How many does Sibiu go with for example? Surely Isard has more than one doctor here.
    You're vastly overestimating the number of doctors willing to ride around in a car for whole days with little pay and stressful working conditions. ;)

It's not something I know by heart, but a cursory glance at the rulebook only gives me references to "the doctor's car". So I have no reason to believe there is more than one in a 2.2 race. I certainly can't remember seeing more than one in Sibiu.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Despite his exertions over the past two days, Sivakov responded easily enough to Lambrecht's attacks and even had the Lotto rider under pressure at points on the final climb. Big gaps further down the field.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/RondeIsard/status/866328979074056193

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/int-en/experience/the-feedzone/solo_stage_win_seals_overall_victory_for_sivakov_in_france/

"I knew the final, and I knew that there was a super tricky downhill so, I took it really fast and already had a twenty-second advantage at the bottom of the climb. I couldn't see the group behind me, and at that moment, I knew I needed to go full gas and try and make it to the finish because I had good legs today. I knew that it would be hard to organize a chase behind me. It was a really long valley; it was probably the longest valley of my life today.

Another impressive performance. A 50km solo!

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Bennett isn't the only ex-Axeon rider picking up victories.

Cam Meyer is taking part.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/Inphosports/status/867771911383666689

Sounds like it was blowing a hoolie in Donegal today.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks